Worst special forces in the world

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
In situation when special forces are used, it is complete mayhem, split second decisions have to be taken on the spot or many a times you are dead, unless these special forces plan everything and execute perfectly, even then things can go horribly wrong, we have several such examples from 1972 Munich Olympics, where all the hostages were killed including the terrorists. The hostage rescue operations against Chechen terrorist at the Moscow theater and the school in Beslan, where lot of civilians were killed.

terrorists too have learn from their mistake from Chechen terrorists to Pakistani trained terrorists in Mumbai their attack have become sophisticated and daring, in future also they are going to strike at the soft targets, unless we plan, trained, funded and armed for these types of contingencies.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Can anyone one tell why some NSG guys conceal their faces whereas some don't?
most probably because some of the 'NSG guys' are actually MarCo's ?
may be Rahul, Marcos have same type of uniform, but NSG also wears masks, here some of the pics

last pic what is the use of this mask ???

Good point has been raised, I strongly think that these guys are one of the best, so their identity should be protected, just like Navy did with Marcos, as per rules Marcos have to conceal their identity.

NSG should do the same, good time to change National Security Guard Act of 1986.

p2prada

A lot of heat escapes through the head. That's the reason why the British wear those black hats, so do the monks in the Himalayas. Covering your head keeps the body from losing heat.

Diving requires swimming in cold, sometimes icy waters. The Diving Hood obviously protects the diver from heat loss. The Marcos and Seals are wearing hoods meant for cold water which covers the head, most of the face, neck and part of the upper torso.

There are diving hoods meant for warm waters as well. This covers only the head and ears.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
now you are going to see DRDO design helmet in very large number it has been inducted into forces now.
You cant give credit to DRDO on this one. It was made and being tested by some Gujarati company for their state police. They went on and made it because they didnt want to wait for DRDO.

http://www.ahmedabadmirror.com/article/3/201105252011052503325512070cf3ebd/DFS-to-save-state-cops-from-bullets.html

A carbine being fitted at the firing range (L) ; DFS Additional Director Dr M S Dahiya aims at the target at the new facility (R)

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@Liquid sorry my mistake, DRDO made helmet i just like this one, i saw that in Defexpo 2008.

Blackwater

black water has describe about the helmet part, earlier i spoke to Kunal sir he said Russian special forces helmet are the best, BTW best helmet design is of German WWII helmet is one of the best design.

Yaar I am saying symbolically. I did't say IA bought these from Hitler during WW2. All my concern is that our IA is under equipped despite of money.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
i was talking of IA not speacial forces. even Punjab police SWAT got kevlar helmate and MP-6 but IA still lives in WW2 era
And that is what F-INSAS program is working on. So lets have some more patience of a year or two for something better maybe best. Because new helmets will be surely designed for the next 20-30 years so lets hope that they will be that what is needed.

Blackwater

And that is what F-INSAS program is working on. So lets have some more patience of a year or two for something better maybe best. Because new helmets will be surely designed for the next 20-30 years so lets hope that they will be that what is needed.

:tape::tape:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
frame 0.20 this would be DRDO helmet with HMD in FINSAS system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
I am sorry, but since when does combat gear decide the best or worst SF ? going by this thread it seems if I get a bunch of bollywood extras and buy them the best SF gear money can buy they will become the best SF in the world ? :confused:

guess what unit(s) this bunch of ragtag looking people in 3rd world gear belonged to.

(give yourself a pat on the back if you guessed that correctly)
at the time this pic was taklen it was one of the best SF in the world, if not the best. spetnatz of the russian airborne forces, preparing for an operation in afghanistan.

SF is all about training, adaptability and commitment. looks got nothing to do with it (unless you mean hollywood). helmet is of minimal use, because they do not protect against high velocity bullets. many SF do not use helmets at all.
NSG or any other special forces were in the heart of Pakistan taking out some terrorist, I can understand if they are dressed like this...

Delta Force

But if someone is threatening your citizens in your country. And waging war like the drug cartels in Mexico.

They send in the heavy calvary..

These are the guys Mexico sends in to f*ck those drug cartials, NSG deserves better arms/equipment..

Last edited:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Btw look at the results of the Mexican special police and special forces..

bad ass motherf'ers.

captured guns from the drug lords..

:hail::hail:

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
NSG or any other special forces were in the heart of Pakistan taking out some terrorist, I can understand if they are dressed like this...

Delta Force

But if someone is threatening your citizens in your country. And waging war like the drug cartels in Mexico.

They send in the heavy calvary..

These are the guys Mexico sends in to f*ck those drug cartials, NSG deserves better arms/equipment..
you are right, but please understand it was US Govt who has armed that Maxican forces, because drugs will end up in US, not only these even Pakistan has received better armed and equipment for its forces in the name of fighting Talibs.

NSG has been saying this for years that they need state of the arm weapons, i remember that on one of the occasion when LKA was Home minister he went to NSG training NSG head said that they need weapons, as present weapons were old.

Things are changing after mumbai attack, lets hope for best.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
you are right, but please understand it was US Govt who has armed that Maxican forces, because drugs will end up in US, not only these even Pakistan has received better armed and equipment for its forces in the name of fighting Talibs.
By Mexican forces do you mean the cartel?? Why would USA arm these thugs that already bring drug into America??

Why would any nation support or arm these thugs that are right on your border??

Mexicans have a constitutional right to own firearms, but legal purchase from the single Mexican gun shop in Mexico City, controlled by the Army, is extremely difficult. Drug cartels smuggle firearms through the U.S. or Guatemalan borders, or by sea, or steal them from the police or military. Consequently, black market firearms are widely available. Many firearms are acquired in the U.S. by women with no criminal history, who transfer their purchases to smugglers through relatives, boyfriends and acquaintances and then smuggled to Mexico a few at a time. The most common smuggled firearms include AR-15 and AK-47 type rifles, FN 5.7 caliber semi-automatic pistols. Many firearms are purchased in the United States in a semiautomatic configuration before being converted to fire as select fire machine-guns. Mexico seized in 2009 a combined total of more than 4,400 firearms of the AK-47 and AR-15 type, and 30% of AK-47 type rifles seized have been modified to select fire weapons, effectively creating assault rifles.
Also, there are multiple reports of grenade launchers being used against security forces, and at least twelve M4 Carbines with M203 grenade launchers have been confiscated. It was believed that some of these high powered weapons and related accessories may have been stolen from U.S. military bases. However, most U.S. military grade weapons such as grenades and light anti-tank rockets are acquired by the cartels through the huge supply of arms left over from the wars in Central America and Asia. It has been reported that there have been 150,000 desertions from the Mexican army during 2003 to 2009. Stated another way, about one-eighth of the Mexican army deserts annually. Many of these deserters take their government-issued automatic rifles, some of U.S. origins, with them.

@Liquid what i meant that US is arming anti drug forces.

Ok, sorry for the mis-understanding.

WTF is that giant machine in the 3rd pcture???!!!
FN Minimi, these guys arm themselves pretty damn good. Just hope the drug business never gets big in India like in South America and Mexico..

Supply of guns captured in Texas Mexican border.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Drug_War

Last edited:
Well there are many topics on the best special forces in the world, so I thought to open a new thread on the worst special forces:

One candidat: The egyptian Task Force 777

In 1978 they "rescued" 30 hostages in Cyprus from terrorists but because they forgot to tell the Cypriots they were coming, They lost 15 of their own in a firefight with Cypriot National Guardsmen who thought they were more terrorists.

In 1985 they blasted their way onto a hijacked 737 at Malta with explosives killing 20 passengers instantly. They then stormed the plane firing wildly and throwing hand grenades (In a highjacked plan !:confused:) . Passengers who fled were cut down on the tarmac having been mistaken for terrorists and were shot dead by snipers :pound:. 57 passengers died.

Sad.... but somehow its funny
that actually wasnt quiet right thats what happened in Cyprus
..............................................................................................
Date: February 1978
Process: releasing Egyptian plane hijacked, and the families of the kidnappers, and return them to Egypt to assassinate Minister Youssef Sebaey

Joseph Sebaey was one of the strongest supporters of the peace agreement ...... And killed a result of this insidious opinion
But we remember
We must remember Thunderbolt Egyptians soldiers who have died because of him ....... Also treacherously

I have practiced Larnaca airport authorities on the soil of her sovereignty and blocked two C-130 planes landing two Egyptian warships were wanted forcibly arrested for murdering Joseph Sebaey
Airport authorities warned pilots that they Ichterqan Cyprus Airways sovereignty and international law and will be dealt harshly with any plane touches the airport
Contact General Nabil the Shoukry leadership in Egypt, explaining to them the situation
Came the reply from Sadat directly to land and arrest murderers
The first plane was destroyed (jet driving) Released died dozens of our soldiers and officers and pilots were arrested Nabil Shokry
Cypriot officials was a large degree of wisdom and sawed the prisoners and the bodies of the martyrs without any

Escalation of the situation or defamation in Egypt. And desire as we say to express the Egyptian "walking side Djit",

And not to enter into any problems with any global or regional powers have been affected tourism in Cyprus, where she first source of national income
Outcome: defeat of unity in the first operations

Sadat's decision - God's mercy - is:
The appointment of Major General Nabil Shokry director of the War College, the recognition of Turkish Republic of Cyprus, cutting ties with the Greek Republic of Cyprus

we r not the worse special force do more further look
because on wiki there was only two operations ??
2004 Operation
Fewyears agounit 777 carried out successfully a confidential maritime operation into Haifa Israeli harbor to release a detained Egyptian ship with its crew which was accused by the authorities of smuggling weapons to Palestinians. That operation led to a tensioned political lowprofilecrisis between both countries, but was solved later on. It isbelievedthat the United States SFOD, French RAID, the former SEAL TeamSix, andGerman KSK/GIGN have some sort of joint training with the Unit777

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles