Worst special forces in the world

Koovie

Well there are many topics on the best special forces in the world, so I thought to open a new thread on the worst special forces:

One candidat: The egyptian Task Force 777

In 1978 they "rescued" 30 hostages in Cyprus from terrorists but because they forgot to tell the Cypriots they were coming, They lost 15 of their own in a firefight with Cypriot National Guardsmen who thought they were more terrorists.

In 1985 they blasted their way onto a hijacked 737 at Malta with explosives killing 20 passengers instantly. They then stormed the plane firing wildly and throwing hand grenades (In a highjacked plan !:confused:) . Passengers who fled were cut down on the tarmac having been mistaken for terrorists and were shot dead by snipers :pound:. 57 passengers died.

Sad.... but somehow its funny

JayATL

they used to be in ancient times the most feared of warriors, developers of innovative war machines and tacticians, I'm not sure why not a single Islamic country is any good when it comes to comparing them with western standards anymore...

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i wont say that these Bangladesh special force are worse, but there mines helmet, with glass is not good idea for any force, much less for special forces

they can do without them.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Well there are many topics on the best special forces in the world, so I thought to open a new thread on the worst special forces:

One candidat: The egyptian Task Force 777

I
n 1978 they "rescued" 30 hostages in Cyprus from terrorists but because they forgot to tell the Cypriots they were coming, They lost 15 of their own in a firefight with Cypriot National Guardsmen who thought they were more terrorists.

In 1985 they blasted their way onto a hijacked 737 at Malta with explosives killing 20 passengers instantly. They then stormed the plane firing wildly and throwing hand grenades (In a highjacked plan !:confused:) . Passengers who fled were cut down on the tarmac having been mistaken for terrorists and were shot dead by snipers :pound:. 57 passengers died.

Sad.... but somehow its funny
HAHAHAHAH! :pound: :pound: Seriously? This actually happened?!! Goodness!! I can't believe it! :lol:

Blackwater

i wont say that these Bangladesh special force are worse, but there mines helmet, with glass is not good idea for any force, much less for special forces

Hahaha These are not mines helmet. It's only the light on them which makes them like that. These are combat helmets with light on it, just in case they have to operate in night or in dark rooms

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Hahaha These are not mines helmet. It's only the light on them which makes them like that. These are combat helmets with light on it, just in case they have to operate in night or in dark rooms
just aim blow the source of light and that will be end, now did you understand what i am saying.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

Look at some of the helmets our SP are wearing.

Also IA.

I have seen Indian SFs do some stupid shit...

Like leaving a gun near a random guy..

Last edited:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
self delete

Last edited:

Dinku

It not look military helmet.

Look mine helmet work coal get.

No idea work in military minefield out torchlight head call military mine-helmet.

Surprise clear military mine mit light. Enemy see light and fire. Dead helmet-man!

Joke out light on helmet call military mine-helmet.

Blackwater

It not look military helmet.

Look mine helmet work coal get.

No idea work in military minefield out torchlight head call military mine-helmet.

Surprise clear military mine mit light. Enemy see light and fire. Dead helmet-man!

Joke out light on helmet call military mine-helmet.
milllitary helmet it is.

Blackwater

Also IA.

yes its true IA is using bullshit world war 2 era helmets. Even pak army has better helmets than us.

As far as Indian special forces are concerned they are Russian Special forces 70's helmet

Koovie

yes its true IA is using bullshit world war 2 era helmets. Even pak army has better helmets than us.

As far as Indian special forces are concerned they are Russian Special forces 70's helmet
But Marcos and Paras have new kevlar helmets. I havent seen any pics of NSGs with full combat equipment sine 26/11

Blackwater

But Marcos and Paras have new kevlar helmets. I havent seen any pics of NSGs with full combat equipment sine 26/11
i was talking of IA not speacial forces. even Punjab police SWAT got kevlar helmate and MP-6 but IA still lives in WW2 era

Rahul M

I am sorry, but since when does combat gear decide the best or worst SF ? going by this thread it seems if I get a bunch of bollywood extras and buy them the best SF gear money can buy they will become the best SF in the world ? :confused:

guess what unit(s) this bunch of ragtag looking people in 3rd world gear belonged to.

(give yourself a pat on the back if you guessed that correctly)
at the time this pic was taklen it was one of the best SF in the world, if not the best. spetnatz of the russian airborne forces, preparing for an operation in afghanistan.

SF is all about training, adaptability and commitment. looks got nothing to do with it (unless you mean hollywood). helmet is of minimal use, because they do not protect against high velocity bullets. many SF do not use helmets at all.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Also IA.

black water has describe about the helmet part, earlier i spoke to Kunal sir he said Russian special forces helmet are the best, BTW best helmet design is of German WWII helmet is one of the best design.

now speaking of that MP5 at Mumbai operation, that was Nariman House operation where NSG went inside adjacent building and NSG sniper has taken position along with others now what you see guy hiding their is most probably the one who is residing in that room and it was on the instruction of NSG, is hiding like that. Since the room is secure and target is outside the window, they have kept the MP5 on bed.

Last edited:

Poseidon

Country flag
Can anyone one tell why some NSG guys conceal their faces whereas some don't?

Koovie

i was talking of IA not speacial forces. even Punjab police SWAT got kevlar helmate and MP-6 but IA still lives in WW2 era
oh, I was refering to the Indian Special Forces wearing russian helmets, but youre right, Infantry soldiers are still looking like WW2 soldiers

Koovie

BTW why are you putting NSG into this thread? Just because of their old equpment?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles