World's largest Hindu temple to come up in Bihar

Galaxy

Country flag
Then attach the tag 'My POV' with it. You are a habitual offender who runs away when asked for sources, and I have seen this in many a threads.
No, I never do. Are you saying about yourself ? You have habit of having single agenda to same kind of post (related with my religion) whenever you get first oppertunity. Don't mind, Are you working on payroll of missionaries ?

When you have nothing to offer, when asked for credible sources, you come up with excuses like that? Pity!

De-rail the thread? Aren't there thousands of temples already. Cannot money be spent in a better way? This is trolling according to you? This is de-railing?
I can offer 100 times more than you will ever. I have seen enough of it. I don't make any excuse nor i do it. Whatever I said, I stick with it. I say Loudly and proudly, Whatever i say!!

There should be 1,000 of temples more. What problem do you have ? It's our money that we are donating for religious purpose only. You should ask Cong Government who doing corruption with our Tax-Pay money and not spending on building nation. Yes, Thread is derailed with your absurd logic and troll !!

Last edited:

pmaitra

Guys,

Please calm down.

Many have themselves made off topic or ad hominem comments are are pointing fingers at others.

No need to call someone a teen-age girl, no need to talk about Congress and Swiss Banks. Stick to the topic.

Thanks!

Oracle

No, I never do. Are you saying about yourself ? You have habit of having single agenda to post Anti-Hindu, RSS/BJP post whenever you get first oppertunity. Don't mind, Are you working on payroll of missionaries ?
And yet you have not provided any sources and calling me a missionary. :lol:

I have offer 100 times more than you will ever have. I have seen enough of it. I don't make any excuse nor i do it. Whatever I said, I stick with it.
Prove it this time then. Sticking with opinions is fine when you attach the tag, I mentioned before.

There should be 1,000 of temples more. What problem do you have ? It's our money that we are donating.
It's my money too. And I have a big problem with it being used for unnecessary reasons than matters needing urgent attention.

You should ask Cong Government who doing corruption with our Tax-Pay money. Yes, it's derailing with absurd logic and troll !!
Why should I ask anyone? You brought Congress in this thread, be my guest and do it.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
no need to talk about Congress and Swiss Banks. Stick to the topic.
and what should we reply when some INTELLECTUAL asks us why spend money on culture when so much poverty is there without involving the CONs and their swiss???

And what are we supposed to do if some one calls us something other than replying for that????

Galaxy

Country flag
And yet you have not provided any sources and calling me a missionary. :lol:
May be. All your quality indicates the same.

Prove it this time then. Sticking with opinions is fine when you attach the tag, I mentioned before.
I do all the time and will do in future too. Agree or Disagree.

It's my money too. And I have a big problem with it being used for unnecessary reasons than matters needing urgent attention.
No, It's not your money. Don't make pathetic statement again and again. Hindus donate money to Temple for religious purpose only otherwise why they will donate to temple but not any NGO or Charity organisation ? I am not even sure that you are Hindu. You pay Tax to Government. Since, Congress ruled the country for 54 years. Hence, They are only responsible. You don't even know what you talking ? :lol:

Why should I ask anyone? You brought Congress in this thread, be my guest and do it.
I did because you bought defense requirement and poverty. After all, They looted the nation for 55 years. Only Government is responsible for that. Ironically, You don't have problem with that but making such petty statement for religious thing and money is donated for same purpose only.

:facepalm:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Its not your money... the temple is not being built by the govt.... Its being built by the volunteers with their money.... So stop speaking BS....

Oracle

May be. All your quality indicates the same.
I'm left with little doubt.

I do all the time and will do in future too. Agree or Disagree.
I come up with sources, authentic. It's upto you, how well you want your arguments to be viewed.

No, It's not your money. Don't make pathetic statement again and again. Hindus donate money to Temple for religious purpose only otherwise why they will donate to temple but not any NGO or Charity organisation ? I am not even sure that you are Hindu. You pay Tax to Government. Since, Congress ruled the country for 54 years. Hence, They are only responsible. You don't even know what you talking ? :lol:
I do donate money, but for good purposes, like say re-building a temple which was destructed in a cyclone. And for the bold part :lol:

I was stating the positive things we can do with that amount of money. You went back with pessimism and your Congress rants.

I did because you bought defense requirement and poverty. After all, They looted the nation for 55 years. Only Government is responsible for that. Ironically, You don't have problem with that but making such petty statement for religious thing. :facepalm:
I take one thread at a time, one topic at a time. This is not a Congress bashing thread. Crores of money is going to waste, and I have a right to voice my concern.

Oracle

I must say, After spending 5 Months (Sept-Jan). I have never seen such troller like Oracle on DFI. Many people don't agree with me including Mods/Admin. But at least everyone makes some point. This Guy Oracle is clueless. I am still wondering, What he wants to say ?

What i am replying to such cheap troller ? :rolleyes:

I apologies for engaging with him. My mistake. I should have left, when he bought Defense requirement with Temple. Fair enough!

Keep derailing the thread. I can't argue in such trolling and repetitive things. I am done with it.

Mods should delete all post except 1st few. Just my suggestion!!
When asked for proof, you run in circles, then sugar coat your profanity while addressing it to the staff and name calling other posters?

Carry on!

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Thread is re-opened. All abuses and OT posts deleted. From now on behave otherwise the thread will be closed and offending members will be served infractions

mayfair

If building the temple brings about tourism, jobs and livelihoods for the local people and an all round development of the local economy, then it is an idea worth considering. However, if it is mere vanity project, with no thought to how it may be used to help the locals, then it is a useless initiative.

I do wonder, however, if the many would be better spent in restoring the ancient sacred yet dilapidated temples and vihars that dot the length and breadth of this country (I am sure there must be plenty in Vaishali after all Vaishali was an ancient centre of learning and Bhagwaan Mahavir was born there) to their former glory

ejazr

Ambassador
I don't understand why its considered a negative thing that this complex is being built?

Its the BMMT that is funding the construction that is being built by its donations and not government money.

Besides a huge construction project would provide employment to local people there as well as boost business in that region. Once the temple is completed, it can be part of cultural tourism that again provides employment to many people in the region. And there is nothing communal about that. Even in Ayodhya, there are a large number of Muslim traders who sell Hindu ceremonial items for pilgrims who come there. So this would benefit all in the region.
Restaurant and hotelieirs, tranportation industry, tourist guides will be some of the industries that can benefit.

The Taj Mahal was constructed at great cost but even today, it continues to be the largest tourist attracter every year and we make millions of dollars in foriegn tourists who come and spend because of this.

Its not a choice between building a religious temple and feeding the poor, BOTH have to be done side be side.

parijataka

Country flag
Pasting here a comment from a TOI reader -
First of all its a trust money not government's and the trust is a very respectable one. The trust gets the money from the donations its gets majorly from Mahavir Mandir in Patna. So, they are free to decide the best way to spend it. And I think they have decided to do the best as per their thinking. Before the plan of this temple they have already built two medical institutions in Patna - Mahavir Netralaya and Mahavir Cancer Sansthan and unlike the Hindu Temple the medical institutions don't have a hindu tag on it. It supports and takes care of every human being irrespective of their religion or financial/social status. The construction of the temple will again boost its capability to attract more donations which will pave a way to the opening of more such medical institutions. So we should stop blabbering about "they could have done this, they could have done that".
To those who say the money could have been utilised better in welfare activities and/or development, temples (as well as churches, mosques and gudwaras also) generally have some welfare program for the poor and needy. ISKCON Bangalore runs the famous Akshaya Patra program that provides hot and hygienic lunches in govt schools free of cost, intially only in Karnataka but now extended to 8 states. Most temples feed the poor on certain days or everyday depending on their finances. The Krishna temple in Udupi feeds several thousand people every afternoon regardless of caste or creed, it is a lifeline to destitute and migrant labour.

In any case it is not tax payers money being spent [that is reserved for our leech politicos to waste...].

Blackwater

Siddhivinayak temple gold auction fetches Rs 36L

MUMBAI: The Siddhivinayak temple in Prabhadevi, which sees over 24,000 visitors daily, held a public auction of gold ornaments offered by worshippers on Sunday.

Gold ornaments weighing 1,092gm and worth Rs 36 lakh were auctioned in a five-hour period, according to Mangesh Shinde of the Shree Siddhivinayak Ganapati Temple Trust.

Deeming the auction a success, trust officials said the highest bidder was a devotee, Bhavnani, who bid Rs 3 lakh for a 103gm necklace. He bought gold ornaments worth over Rs 10 lakh in the auction, all of which he re-offered at the temple. He said he wanted the money that would be raised from the bids to be used for social welfare activities.

Mumbai's famous landmark the Siddhivinayak temple in Prabhadevi which sees over 24,000 visitors daily held a public auction on Sunday of gold offered by worshippers to the Lord Ganesh. Gold ornaments totaling 1,092 gm and worth Rs 36 lakh were auctioned in a five hour period, according to Mangesh Shinde of the Shree Siddhivinayak Ganapati Temple Trust.

Saying the auction had gone off successfully, trust officials said the highest bidder was a Lord Ganesh devotee who identified himself as Bhavnani who bid Rs 3 lakh for a 103 gm gold necklace. Interestingly, he bought gold over 10 lakh in the auction, all of which he re-offered at the temple. He wanted the money that would be subsequently raised from its bid to be used for social welfare activities.

Siddhivinayak temple gold auction fetches Rs 36L - The Times of India

arya

Country flag
well thats a good thing our pepoles have asset

every time system not work ..

Blackwater

well thats a good thing our pepoles have asset

every time system not work ..
yes our religious system has failed.

Other wise this person would have used that money for human welfare, He should have donated that 10 lakh to blind school or old age home or orphanage , Iam sure lord Ganesha will be more happy with him rather than what he did ..

Interestingly God gives money to silly people lollllllllllllllll

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
You're wrong, as you most of the times are.

India is a Secular Country, as is enshrined in our Constitution.
Yes yes anti-hindu and anti-muslim and pro-christian democracy and secular congress party is doing everything it can by making muslims as terrorists and converting all hindus into christians. Coming to your comment of INADIAN ARMED FORCES needing more equipment, it is the work of the government and not the work of any private organisation to give or lend money. Ask all the politicians who are eating away and stashing the money abroad and the leader of those politicians is none other than MADAM SONIA........

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Prove it, that India is a Hindu Country, and give me credible links.
This shows that you do not know the HISTORY OF INDIA. INDIA has been under the influence and rule of foreign rulers who forcibly converted many people to ISLAM and christianity. Think you are a maniac to say that INDIA is not a HINDU country. If INDIA is not a HINDU country then why do you call muslims and christians as minority people? You are really a fool by saying that INDIA is not a HINDU COUNTRY. If you are correct that INDIA isnot a HINDU country then I request that minority status to muslims and christians must be stripped off and the quotas enjoyed by the minority religions must also be stripped off.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Members, I request you all to guide ORACLE about the HISTORY OF INDIA and that INDIA is a HINDU COUNTRY.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles