World War III between the U.S. and China?

Country flag
No chance. as big can be the political and ideological differences, in economic field USA and China are great partners and depends each other. a direct war among them will a disaster for the two, and undoubtly they will avoid.
I hope remains true, there is a issue of a few trillions dollars in debt that may become a thorn in the side??

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
This is highly unlikely since neither were Communists when USA molded them.
I don't think China's is communist anymore (It ain't democratic either). All I'm saying is that USA would prefer China to be like South Korea. USA can't fight a war, so it'll prefer to mould them

Galaxy

Country flag
Its not as simple as that. What if a ground breaking technology is researched in China? What if US is embroiled in another war? What if China develops a game changer(like the US did with the nukes), What if there is a revolution in China? Natural disasters? Bad economic policies?
Emphasize on bold parts.

"If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas."

Who expected China to be what it is to day two decades ago?
We often tend to underestimate changes in the long term. Long term predictions of 30 40 years generally should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Btw how old is that lightening report? I read a couple of days ago that US was rethinking increase in defence budget. The F22 program is a example. The reason the total number of fighter orders have been cut short is money.

U.S. is 30 years ahead than China. So, there is no competition. Doesn't matter of cutting money, Still U.S. is planning to operate 3,000 5th generation aircraft whereas rest of the world don't have plan to operate half of them by 2040.

If we just talking on hypothetical situation, then Russia might emerge as 2nd super power too followed by Germany, China, India.

Last edited:

Param

Emphasize on bold parts.

U.S. is 30 years ahead than China. So, there is no competition. Doesn't matter of cutting money, Still U.S. is planning to operate 3,000 5th generation aircraft whereas rest of the world don't have plan to operate half of them by 2040.

If we just talking on hypothetical situation, then Russia might emerge as 2nd super power too followed by Germany, China, India.
I hope that happens. I actually want the US to remain the dominant power. With smaller powers like China, a rejuvanated Russia in consort with Europe, India. It should be a multi polar world.

Country flag
I don't think China's is communist anymore (It ain't democratic either). All I'm saying is that USA would prefer China to be like South Korea. USA can't fight a war, so it'll prefer to mould them

It is still a very communist country if it were to become democratic the cheap labor would no longer be cheap. There will come a point maybe already here that natural resources or debt will cause some clash.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Emphasize on bold parts.

So you are implying that there is no chance for any nation(or perhaps only china) to ever catch up with the US?

Emphasize on the bold part.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No chance since even the Chinese realise that a nuclear exchange is too adventurous an option!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is still a very communist country if it were to become democratic the cheap labor would no longer be cheap. There will come a point maybe already here that natural resources or debt will cause some clash.
It is cosmetically Communist.

The skin is Communist, but the flesh within is greedy capitalist and imperialist.

Galaxy

Country flag
China is in limelight due to growing economy. She lacks strategic partner, indigenous strong world class defence equipment, black commodity and public verdict. Also Insurgency in south & West (Xinjiang & Tibet), Developed nation on east side and big mammoth (Russia) is there on north side.

It's myth that economy give birth to super power. Japan, Soviet, Germany and U.S. become so called superpower when their economy were in bad phase. Super power is directly proportional to strong nationalist leader, defence capability and strategic alliance. Unfortunately, China don't have any such thing as of now. Even small countries like Vietnam, Taiwan are giving hard time since many decades.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
So you are implying that there is no chance for any nation(or perhaps only china) to ever catch up with the US?

Emphasize on the bold part.
I always go with facts and not on probability. Anything is possible in the world, But according to facts China won't become super power in next few decades. Why to change the view on Ifs and Buts ? Even country like Germany can become super power provided that she uses economy, technology and alliance in right way. But this is hypothetical thing which should not be criteria to predict future.

If things will change, I will change the opinion but currently, There is no challenge to U.S. which is based on facts and not ifs and buts.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I always go with facts and not on probability. Anything is possible in the world, But according to facts China won't become super power in next few decades. Why to change the view on Ifs and Buts ? Even country like Germany can become super power provided that she uses economy, technology and alliance in right way. But this is hypothetical thing which should not be criteria to predict future.

If things will change, I will change the opinion but currently, There is no challenge to U.S. which is based on facts and not ifs and buts.
Another fact is that everyone reaches top and then declines. See history.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
What you guys talking about? US & China are at war already. Trade, Cyberspace, Information, Mineral exploration, Iran are new low level frontiers where wars are fought. Direct military action is missing but resource usage to counter each-other's move is significant than ever.

World war means most of the countries in world are fighting against each other, either in coalition or solo. China/Russia are covertly supporting & helping Iran to keep US engaged in Gulf. While US plays its moves via UAE/Israel. Thats proxy war.

At the same time US is trying to circle PRC by luring small asian-pacific countries. And china is trying defend it. Thats diplomatic war. Look why Canberra is full of chinese & americans in recent months.

The question is will other countries fight for US & China? Will India fight US's war? Will African nations fight for China? Will they take sides for modest causalities? Will my-club UN guarantee safety of nations who do not have any business with conflict whatsoever?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

There are no facts for future only probabiltiy.

Even country like Germany can become super power provided that she uses economy, technology and alliance in right way.
Finally. :)

But this is hypothetical thing which should not be criteria to predict future.
Neither should it be rejected completely.

Galaxy

Country flag
Another fact is that everyone reaches top and then declines. See history.
Another Ifs and Buts ?? U.S. is super power for last 60 years. Now, U.S. is Hyper power.

If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians. -- Warren Buffett

Galaxy

Country flag
There are no facts for future only probabiltiy.

Finally. :)

Neither should it be rejected completely.
It should be rejected if it's based on Ifs and Buts.

Prove me HOW China will become next super power then i will post to contradict. There is no chance or scope of next super power in next few decades and I am saying with facts and data and not on assumption.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Okay, now you are distorting my assertion.

But U.S. economy is not going to bankrupt. it's just bad phase. U.S. has faced many recession even worst than this. Read last 100 years of recession.
You said it a couple of pages back.

If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians. -- Warren Buffett

:confused: :confused:

Prove me HOW China will become next super power then i will post to contradict. There is no chance or scope of next super power in next few decades and I am saying with facts and data and not on assumption.
I never said China will become a superpower, I said it can.
You're the one who is saying that US can not be overtaken in the future because of the weapons it has now. The burden of proof lies on you.

Last edited:
Country flag
Okay, now you are distorting my assertion.

If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians. -- Warren Buffett[/B]
?????

You're the one who is saying that US can not be overtaken in the future because of the weapons it has now. The burden of proof lies on you.

With China tied at the waist to USA and overloaded with worthless US debt and 60% of Chinese economy surviving of USA, US controls China completely(in an economic sense)

Galaxy

Country flag
It's not about weapons. Its about strategic alliance, Diplomacy, control on 3/4th of black commodity and GDP and defence capability.

On probability, many countries can become super power.

Potential superpowers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But It's just possibility. Who knows what will happen after 50 years ?? Today, There is no challenge to U.S. by miles. U.S. is only Super power and will retain it's super power tag for long time to come. My opinion is based on facts and not Ifs and Buts. As i said, when things will change, I will change my opinion and I am not pro-U.S. too.

If anyone thinks U.S. won't be super power in future or/and China become super power. Kindly, Do give reasons also. I gave few reason on Page 1,2 and ready to post more if one wants to know.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Another Ifs and Buts ?? U.S. is super power for last 60 years. Now, U.S. is Hyper power.

if's and but's ????

there are none in history. im talking about past.

Galaxy

Country flag
if's and but's ????

there are none in history. im talking about past.
Forgot about Past. History is History and it's not necessary that it repeats all the time in same way. Talk about Present and future backed with sensible logic and data. :)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles