World War III between the U.S. and China?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
It is far from happening as none of the either countries is ready to shred their economy. May be this may happen in the far future.

Galaxy

Country flag
War won't happen. It's U.S. diplomacy. Actually, U.S. is provoking China for Arm race like they did in Soviet case.

U.S. wants to beat China till pulp without going in war. If China accepts Arm race, They will face the consequence. If not, Then be audience. In either case, U.S. has huge advantage due to strategic partners and defence capability.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Won't really be a World War if its only between two nations.

Param

War won't happen. It's U.S. diplomacy. Actually, U.S. is provoking China for Arm race like they did in Soviet case.

U.S. wants to beat China till pulp without going in war.
US won the arms race during the cold war because of their economic might. If there is a long term arms race between China and the US, China will fare better because of their rising economic prowess.
There are already voices i the US talking about cutting Pentagon budget.

But yes the US is trying to provoke China.

Galaxy

Country flag
U.S. can turn China in stone age very easily.

U.S. has 12 Super CBG, China has 0.
U.S. has 1,000 4.5 generation aircraft, China has 0.
U.S. has 150 odd 5th generation aircraft, China has 0.
U.S. has 400 submarines, China has 50.
U.S. has 1,000 warships, China has 100.
U.S. has 60-65 military bases outside U.S., China has 0.

U.S. has 15,000 stockpiles of Nuke with 4,000 BM MiRV, China has 1/10th max.
U.S. has 4 layer of Defence shield, China has 0-1 layer.

U.S. Missile is located around few hundred Km at east and west side of China (S.K., Japan, Philipiness, Singapore, Europe). China Missile is far away around 5,000-10,000 Km. (U.S. can destroy China from China neighbouring countries, But China can't do anything since U.S. is 7,000 Km away)

U.S. has 3,00,000 army personnel around China or can move there if needed, China has 0 beyond mainland nor it has capability to do so.

80% GDP of the world is directly/Indirectly with U.S., China has 10%-15%.

U.S. has huge reserve of Crude oil + half of Middle-east, Canada, South America. China don't have even 10% control.

U.S. spent around 6 trillion $ on defence in last decade and China GDP is not more than 6 trillion $.

U.S. defence = Rest of the world. Comparison is humiliation. U.S. is provoking China, If China accepts, It will lose otherwise it will also lose. U.S. did very hard work for 100 years to reach here. It's unchallengeable as of now.

Last edited:

Param

Its economy that matters most. To fight wars , fund weapons programs and maintain huge miitaries countries need money. If USA's economic might declines and China's goes up then the gap will narrow down. Maybe 2 or 3 decades from now.

Galaxy

Country flag
Its economy that matters most. To fight wars , fund weapons programs and maintain huge miitaries countries need money. If USA's economic might declines and China's goes up then the gap will narrow down. Maybe 2 or 3 decades from now.
It will not happen even in 50 years. Be sure on that. U.S. still controls 2/3rd of world economy. U.S faced much worst situation many decades back.

Check U.S. defence capability.

On one side, China is developing J-20 on other side U.S. already has B-2 Spirit, F-22 for last decade with 50,000 bombs. Even U.S. has Stealth heli and working on 6th generation aircraft. Already operating 1,000 of UCAV. China will only notice these aircraft/UCAV/Drone when Shanghai will be full of ashes.

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
It will not happen even in 50 years. Be sure on that.

On one side, China is developing J-20 on other side U.S. already has B-2 Spirit, F-22 for last decade with 50,000 bombs. Even U.S. has Stealth heli and working on 6th generation aircraft. Already operating 1,000 of UCAV. The moment China will only notice these aircraft when Shanghai will full of ashes.
There are more variables involved than solely military might.

Param

It will not happen even in 50 years. Be sure on that.

On one side, China is developing J-20 on other side U.S. has B-2 Spirit, F-22 with 30,000 bombs. The moment China will only notice these aircraft when Shanghai will full of ashes.

No one knows the future.Anything can happen before 2050.

Again, for defence capability money is needed. China is a ruthless, potent combination of capitalist economy and communist Govt. All empires rise and fall, US cannot go on for ever.

Anyway I am not a well wisher of China. So please don't mistake me for one.

Galaxy

Country flag
No one knows the future.Anything can happen before 2050.

Again, for defence capability money is needed. China is a ruthless potent combination of capitalist economy and communist Govt. All empires rise and fall, US cannot go on for ever.

Anyway I not a well wisher of China. So please don't mistake me for one.
Yes, No one knows future.

But U.S. economy is not going to bankrupt. it's just bad phase. U.S. has faced many recession even worst than this. Read last 100 years of recession. BTW, To reach U.S. defence capability of Today, it will take China at least 30 more years. Even i assume, U.S. won't do anything more which again is wrong. Last time, I heard they tested Missile with Mach speed 20+ which can reach anywhere in the world. China is yet to test Missile with Mach speed 3+. 8)

Param

But U.S. economy is not going to bankrupt. it's just bad phase. U.S. has faced many recession even worst than this. Read last 100 years of recession. BTW, To reach U.S. defence capability of Today, it will take China at least 30 more years. Even i assume, U.S. won't do anything more which again is wrong. Last time, I heard they tested Missile with Mach speed 20+ which can reach anywhere in the world. China is yet to test Missile with Mach speed 3+. 8)
I won't reply since I don't want to boost Chinese egos.

Galaxy

Country flag
I won't reply since I don't want to boost Chinese egos.
I am not pro-U.S. But i can't deny the fact. U.S. is 30 years ahead than China. so By 2040, China will be par with U.S. if U.S. stops improving her defence capability which is impossible. U.S. F-35 project is worth 1 trillion $. I don't think China will able to spend that much money on it's air force in next 20 years.

The military's current plan is to buy 2,443 of the so-called Lightning IIs for an estimated $323 billion, making it the Pentagon's most expensive weapons program.

Recession ?? :rofl:

I don't think rest of the world will operate 2,000 5th generation aircraft by 2040. But U.S. is planning to operate around 3,000 such jets by 2035.

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

Its not as simple as that. What if a ground breaking technology is researched in China? What if US is embroiled in another war? What if China develops a game changer(like the US did with the nukes), What if there is a revolution in China? Natural disasters? Bad economic policies?

Param

I am not pro-U.S. But i can't deny the fact. U.S. is 30 years ahead than China. so By 2040, China will be par with U.S. if U.S. stops improving her defence capability which is impossible. U.S. F-35 project is worth 1 trillion $. I don't think China will able to spend that much money on it's air force in next 20 years.

Recession ?? :rofl:
Who expected China to be what it is to day two decades ago?
We often tend to underestimate changes in the long term. Long term predictions of 30 40 years generally should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Btw how old is that lightening report? I read a couple of days ago that US was rethinking increase in defence budget. The F22 program is a example. The reason the total number of fighter orders have been cut short is money.

IBSA

Country flag
No chance. as big can be the political and ideological differences, in economic field USA and China are great partners and depends each other. a direct war among them will a disaster for the two, and undoubtly they will avoid.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
USA wants a China in it's own image, something like South Korea/Taiwan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles