World Science Ranking - India at 9

salute

china at 2nd position ???

isnt it a copycat country.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
china at 2nd position ???

isnt it a copycat country.
They are investing in indigenous R&D especially since last decade,their science and Tech Universities are among best In Asia,just compare our Uni even though they are oldest in the World - Like Calcutta uni,now such in pathetic condition.

@Indx TechStyle

salute

They are investing in indigenous R&D especially since last decade,their science and Tech Universities are among best In Asia,just compare our Uni even though they are oldest in the World - Like Calcutta uni,now such in pathetic condition.

@Indx TechStyle
what me meant by previously that,

do they spend that hugh money on r&d or just copy others sh*t,

sh*t on which others spent time and money working on,

copying requires less amount of money,

are they spending that hugh money and even if they do,time requires for innovation cannot be cut short,

when they spent decades on copying others work.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I am wondering, Pakistan is no where close, since they are able to develop critical technologies for Missiles and nukes? :eek1:

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
WOW that's pathetic....and mostly because indian UNI politics system is $hit.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
@salute @Indx TechStyle best not to underestimate china. We might troll them for "copying" but let's be clear, copying is not easy. Even a simple commodity software product is not easy to "copy". Let's take a product like twitter or amazon web services. Everything is out there, all the features are known. Just try copying them.

You just won't find good manpower. We have so many people in India who barely know their stuff, even in commodity sectors like IT product development. Recruitment is always the biggest issue.

In other words, even if you give me a budget of 1 billion dollars and tell me to create twitter in India, I cannot guarantee that I can make it happen in a time bound manner. Let alone missile systems or slbm etc.

So let's not scoff at "copycats".

Bornubus

@salute @Indx TechStyle best not to underestimate china. We might troll them for "copying" but let's be clear, copying is not easy. Even a simple commodity software product is not easy to "copy". Let's take a product like twitter or amazon web services. Everything is out there, all the features are known. Just try copying them.

You just won't find good manpower. We have so many people in India who barely know their stuff, even in commodity sectors like IT product development. Recruitment is always the biggest issue.

In other words, even if you give me a budget of 1 billion dollars and tell me to create twitter in India, I cannot guarantee that I can make it happen in a time bound manner. Let alone missile systems or slbm etc.

IMO some areas our research base and tech prowess is superior to many even Chinese like space,pharma/bio tech etc,we've develop it by our own.

But unlike Chinese our public universities has no accountability, no research culture or best,giving a degree.Space,Bio technology/Pharma,Chemical engineering

Bornubus

I am wondering, Pakistan is no where close, since they are able to develop critical technologies for Missiles and nukes? :eek1:
They can't even produce let alone developing critical technology for nukes.

They don't have a SLV though their SUPERCO is older than ISRO,yet they have BM more than 2500 km range.

LalTopi

This is just based on academic articles which are shared with and 'cited' by other science academics. However plenty of science and R&D takes place without academic articles getting published. E.g. defence R&D or highly advanced technology that gives a strategic edge. Therefore the title is misleading.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

@Indx TechStyle
Why mentioning only Kolkata? Not Bangalore? o_O Not Hyderabad?
As the time will pass, we will climb up the rank.

Bornubus

Why mentioning only Kolkata? Not Bangalore? o_O Not Hyderabad?
As the time will pass, we will climb up the rank.
Because it was one the oldest uni of Asia,at that time Chinese had not modern university of that status,I think it is still known as Calcutta uni.

Now their public university outclass ours,however Punjab uni is still catching up apart from pvt uni like AMITY.

salute

though agree about what you said that we maybe taunt chinese too much about them being copycats,

but india is twice if not thrice bigger than china when it comes information tech,

even china wants to learn from india about information tech,

you probably talking about all that tech infrastructure chinese got,

thats probably making them look powerful.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Because it was one the oldest uni of Asia,at that time Chinese had not modern university of that status,I think it is still known as Calcutta uni.

Now their public university outclass ours,however Punjab uni is still catching up apart from pvt uni like AMITY.
I didn't mean that. We are not comparing f"first cities to do so". We are comparing two countries and there are many cities better than Kolkata.

Country flag
Question is, Are you publishing quality papers?

It is not about the quantity, but the quality.
Very true many Chinese papers are rehashed research from the west. Very little innovation is coming out of China. Look at Japan lower volume but quality research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Country flag
Question is, Are you publishing quality papers?

It is not about the quantity, but the quality.
Very true many Chinese papers are rehashed research from the west. Very little innovation is coming out of China. Look at Japan low volume but quality research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salute

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles