Work On Submarine-Fired ICBM In Advanced Stage

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Really doesnt matter as far as they achieve results and keep progressive, rather then getting stuck with non developments like russians. They are too... Way far behind in millitary electronics and computerisation, even their president accepted this recently.
but point to be noted that they had also failure in launch of Bulava missiles intially ,but they still manage to succesfully test it & induct it.
I hope everything goes smoothly for INDIA

john70

Country flag
You said that in jest, didn't you? The day India builds something better than the Topol-M, that day you come and tell me the Russians are way behind. When it comes to electronics, only US is ahead of Russia. No other country comes anywhere close.
No was serious... Just quoting what their deputy premier said :

MOSCOW, April 23 (RIA Novosti)

Russia Russia's defense electronics are up to 12 years behind foreign analogs, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said on Monday. "The technical level of electronics used in the development and manufacture of military hardware and equipment"¦is five to 12 years behind that in other countries," he said. Microelectronics production in Russia is low scale and loss making, and needs government support, he said. Russia's priority is to develop a new generation of military electronics as a basis for the creation of advanced weapon models, he added.

pmaitra

but point to be noted that they had also failure in launch of Bulava missiles intially ,but they still manage to succesfully test it & induct it.
I hope everything goes smoothly for INDIA
We always have failure. We not only build on our successes, but also on our failures. DRDO gets enough bashing for their failures, so they also need our support. At the same time, we need to grow some political backbone to build and test an ICBM, instead of restraining ourselves in fear that we will upset the West.

Country flag
Bulava was a failure for many years, it is the SLBM version of TOPOL. But the
unique feature of Bulava is like TOPOL it may be able to change course?

pmaitra

No was serious... Just quoting what their deputy premier said :

MOSCOW, April 23 (RIA Novosti)

Russia Russia's defense electronics are up to 12 years behind foreign analogs, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said on Monday. "The technical level of electronics used in the development and manufacture of military hardware and equipment"¦is five to 12 years behind that in other countries," he said. Microelectronics production in Russia is low scale and loss making, and needs government support, he said. Russia's priority is to develop a new generation of military electronics as a basis for the creation of advanced weapon models, he added.
Yes, but when it comes to ICBM, as a system, which country comes ahead of Russia, apart from the US? Even with their current state of electronics, which is way behind the west, when it comes to ICBMs, they are still building one of the best, and second to none but the US, aren't they?

pmaitra

Topol-M can change course, defeat countermeasures, tackle ABM systems that the US might install in the near future, and take laser hits. TEL launched Topol-M carries a single warhead, but it is compatible with MIRVed decoy based warhead complexes as well.

RT-2UTTKh Topol-M - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

john70

Country flag
You said that in jest, didn't you? The day India builds something better than the Topol-M, that day you come and tell me the Russians are way behind. When it comes to electronics, only US is ahead of Russia. No other country comes anywhere close.
And actually not at all comparing Indian electronics with russia, they are definately ahead, but comparing them with france and israel.

john70

Country flag
Topol-M can change course, defeat countermeasures, tackle ABM systems that the US might install in the near future, and take laser hits. TEL launched Topol-M carries a single warhead, but it is compatible with MIRVed decoy based warhead complexes as well.

RT-2UTTKh Topol-M - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Can u name and give information on comparable missiles of other countries and how it outclasses them.

pmaitra

And actually not at all comparing Indian electronics with russia, they are definately ahead, but comparing them with france and israel.
Oh no, you misunderstood me. I was talking about ICBMs as a system. Of course, I am not talking about electronics. Electronics is just part of the system. Russian electronics is not top of the world, but their ICBMs are top of the world (second only to US), despite them lagging in electronics.

Country flag
One area of electronics that russia lags behind USA in is radar.Russia is atleast
10 years behind USA.

pmaitra

john70

Country flag
Oh no, you misunderstood me. I was talking about ICBMs as a system. Of course, I am not talking about electronics. Electronics is just part of the system. Russian electronics is not top of the world, but their ICBMs are top of the world (second only to US), despite them lagging in electronics.
Agreed on that. They are definitely the 2nd best in ICBM. The race for superpower made them that, but yet now they have to really catch up with tech to keep in race.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
We always have failure. We not only build on our successes, but also on our failures. DRDO gets enough bashing for their failures, so they also need our support. At the same time, we need to grow some political backbone to build and test an ICBM, instead of restraining ourselves in fear that we will upset the West.
no that's not right how can u say that" we always have failure " .We have sucess & sometimes failure .I agree DRDO has been slow but it has deliver some quality products .
It has some quite exceptional records ,which we can be surely proud of .Of course trishul was an upset but overally DRDO has live upto it's expectation.

Problem is with netas & big babus who are damn slow & inefficient to faster the process of induction & production.

pmaitra

Anyway, any speculations about the dimensions, range, payload, and warhead-type for the proposed Indian SLBM?

pmaitra

no that's not right how can u say that" we always have failure " .We have sucess & sometimes failure .I agree DRDO has been slow but it has deliver some quality products .
It has some quite exceptional records ,which we can be surely proud of .Of course trishul was an upset but overally DRDO has live upto it's expectation.

Problem is with netas & big babus who are damn slow & inefficient to faster the process of induction & production.
Research = 10% success + 90% failure.

That is how I look at it. One may agree or disagree.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
yes but it has been sucessfully tested & is going to be inducted

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Research = 10% success + 90% failure.

That is how I look at it. One may agree or disagree.
i meant about DRDO ,not about research ,well of course failures are the pillars of success .HAA..HAAA

Country flag
Anyway, any speculations about the dimensions, range, payload, and warhead-type for the proposed Indian SLBM?
It will initially be one warhead k15 possibly with 7000km range then Agni later.
There would be special tubes needed or a redesign needed to fit Agni in the
Present form.when Agni comes I will be optimistic and say 10000km range and
A 3 warhead MIRV but it will take 5-7 years Imo.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
DIMENSION : depends upon the diameter & length of VLS missile tube of arihant

RANGE: K series missiles have diffrent names perhaps if u go by V.K saraswat then 5000 + may be it's range

payload: same thing as of AGNI 5

Warhead: I hope MIRVS of course

Global Defence

New threads

Articles