Women Rescued from Saudi Diplomat's Gurgaon Home. Allege Torture, Sexual Assault

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Sadist are present in every society. Let's not genralise saudi because of few bad apples.
Well, saudis are in a level much above everyone in this matters. They still have the master-slave mentality and if you search the internet, you will see domestic abuse is a norm rather than an exception in Saudi.

Abhijat

Country flag
Victims have already left the country to Nepal, Saudi's will tell Nepal govt not to pursue this matter further. Sushma Swaraj will ask the diplomats to be deported from the country silently.
:frusty::mad2:

It thought we would have utilized this case to increase public outrage against Saudis and thus diverting our requirement from them to Iranians.

But Sad to see that such opportunity is lost.

I really would have liked to pay back these sadistic sheikhs in kind against their funding of Wahabism in India.:cowboy:

@Mad Indian , bro , need your comment on how f***ked up we are that , we are not willing to loose money but giving away our pride. Really sad state of affairs :facepalm:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Wait a minute? I dont think diplomatic immunity applies to rape charges now does it.

I hope that this govt shows some spine and puts all the culprits into tihar

I hope that lawyers clarify the issue @A chauhan @sayareakd

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
:frusty::mad2:

It thought we would have utilized this case to increase public outrage against Saudis and thus diverting our requirement from them to Iranians.

But Sad to see that such opportunity is lost.

I really would have liked to pay back these sadistic sheikhs in kind against their funding of Wahabism in India.:cowboy:

@Mad Indian , bro , need your comment on how f***ked up we are that , we are not willing to loose money but giving away our pride. Really sad state of affairs :facepalm:
Even I was expecting outrage over the issue, I am surprised how media is handling this as a low key affair. To me it just looks like Saudi control (directly or indirectly)over media houses and so called "social justice brigade".

So far no ridiculous high decibel outrage on this issue.

sorcerer

Country flag
Saudis are Sadists!!
They are Worst of any kind culturally!!!!
Ask any one who has visited Saudi and lived there for a while to understand the "Killer" attitude of Saudis to fellow humans, animals and anything that moves on its own.
Ask any one who owns a hotel or any other businesses in Saudi to understand how Saudis treat migrants...and others..

Domestic violence in Saudi Arabia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Domestic violence in Saudi Arabia is a problem as in many parts of Asia.[1]

There is a deep cultural belief in Saudi Arabia that it is socially acceptable to hit a woman to discipline a spouse
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence_in_Saudi_Arabia

In Saudi Arabia, domestic violence fine gets laughs
A debate erupted among Saudis after the ministry of social affairs issued a decision to penalize men who beat up their wives, fining them 50,000 royals, or around $10,000.

Most of those debating the issue have probably never beaten up a woman but the decision annoyed them because it threatened the rights they had buried in their subconscious.
These people maintained those rights should they decide to use them one day and therefore felt someone had pulled a stick from their hand; a stick they don’t even need.
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/vie...-penalities-for-men-who-beat-their-wives.html

New law fails to curb domestic violence in Saudi Arabia
There were 1,049 cases of domestic violence and child abuse last year despite new family protection laws that were implemented after they were approved by the Cabinet, according to the Social Affairs Ministry.

There was hope that the law would contribute to curbing child abuse, especially because it ensured protection from domestic violence of all kinds. This was apart from providing assistance, treatment and shelter as well as social, psychological and health care, Al-Madinah daily reported.

It was hoped that the penalties, which include imprisonment and a fine of up to SR50,000 ($13,300), would deter would-be abusers.

But what is surprising is that cases of domestic violence and abuse, especially against women and children, are increasing.

Not only this, but pictures and videos of such incidents, apparently for entertainment, are appearing on social media.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...o-curb-domestic-violence-in-Saudi-Arabia.html

Domestic violence growing in Saudi Arabia
A father brutally beats his 17-year-old daughter with a piece of wood. She is taken to a hospital where she subsequently dies. The reason? She got in touch with her mother who was divorced from the girl’s father. Thus ended the story carried in Al-Watan newspaper. The tragedy, however, opens the door onto something bigger and much worse — the trend to violence in Saudi society. And not just violence but violence against close family members.

This case is not the first of its kind. Many of us remember another well-publicized case, that of Ghossoun, a 9-year-old girl who was tortured by her father and stepmother. She too finally died in a hospital. There are of course other cases that make it into the newspapers from time to time — victims may be daughter, wives or children. There is a common thread running through all of them and that thread is violent and uncontrolled behavior.

Why are such things happening now? The simple answer is not that such things never happened before. They did — but the media these days are very active in covering social issues. The reasons for the violent and uncontrolled behavior need to be studied and carefully analyzed; causes need to be postulated and solutions attempted. An unfortunate common thread running through most of the recent cases is the leniency of the punishment given to the guilty. At this point, it needs to be said that society is to blame; it gives the head of the family more or less unlimited power to discipline and control his family as he sees fit. True, this power does not include the right to use physical punishment but if the father or husband is angry and if he resorts to violence, society looks on that violence as within his rights as head of the family.

It seems to be understood that the right to physical punishment is allowable if it is used moderately — but what is “moderate” and what is “extreme”? A slap may be moderate but what if it breaks a tooth? Giving such absolute power to any group in society is bound to result in all kinds of abuses. Society trusts men without reservation in that regard; women and children must be patient and accept their lot. The guilty man normally escapes blame by using the society-given right to control and govern his family; in some cases when there has been excessive violence, the added reasons of bad temper and anger are cited — again to be accepted as part of the whole social role of the guardian of the family.

To be fair, some of the cases have abusive woman as well as men. In the Ghossoun case, for example, her stepmother was as guilty of torturing the poor girl as her father was. In many cases of abuse, women have to bear part of the blame, as they encourage the situation either by participating or by being silent witnesses — in either case their responsibility should be established and they should bear a part of the blame and be punished.

According to Jeddah-based psychologist and founding member of the Society for Protecting the Family, Samira Al-Ghamdi, the main problem lies in a social system that accepts the right of the male to govern unconditionally. She says that as long as there is confusion on the concepts of the rights and responsibilities of the head of family, things will remain the same and abuse cases will go largely unpunished and very often even undetected and unknown by the community at large.

Al-Ghamdi explains that Saudi society has a mixed set of beliefs that combines traditional laws and Islamic laws and that the whole is seen as Islamic law. As more abuse cases come to light, we have begun seeing some punishments — varying from jail sentences to executions. What is surprising is that the punishments do not seem to deter people from committing the same crimes. As Al-Ghamdi points out, the problem lies in the way society thinks. “Society clings to its ways and people refuse to change,” she says. “Too many people view the efforts to stop abuse of women and children as defiance of social rules that have been established for centuries.”

In such a situation, until society changes its ideas, we are bound to see more and more cases of abuse. We hope that we do not have to wait long before action is taken, not only to punish the abusers but also to understand what causes abuse and how it can be controlled and eliminated.

To read original article, go to: http://www.arabnews.com/?page=7&section=0&article=111265&d=26&m=6&y=2008

- See more at: http://www.violenceisnotourculture....nce-growing-saudi-arabia#sthash.GiFJNTB4.dpuf

Abhijat

Country flag
If this thought that money is more important than pride has crossed any morons' mind here, he should probably commit suicide.
See the article I posted from Indian express, which clearly mentioned that :

For the diplomats posted in the consulates, they get diplomatic immunity except for charges of serious crime if a warrant is issued. But their family doesn’t get that immunity. This is based on the Vienna convention on Consular Relations.
So why hog-washing in name of legal rights and political correctness ?

Anyway in our land , law of land is supreme , nothing should overshadow it as it will look like loss to the sovereignty of India.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
See the article I posted from Indian express, which clearly mentioned that :

So why hog-washing in name of legal rights and political correctness ?

Anyway in our land , law of land is supreme , nothing should overshadow it as it will look like loss to the sovereignty of India.
Awesome. So the Saudis and the dogs who support them here should go F themselves and we should proceed to roast these Mofus alive in Tihar.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Even I was expecting outrage over the issue, I am surprised how media is handling this as a low key affair. To me it just looks like Saudi control (directly or indirectly)over media houses and so called "social justice brigade".

So far no ridiculous high decibel outrage on this issue.
Share it on the social media and lets create a socail media outrage. I want to see how much spine the supposed nationalistic govt is showing

DingDong

Country flag
If this thought that money is more important than pride has crossed any morons' mind here, he should probably commit suicide.
I agree totally, but what if the Nepalese women retract later (secret Nepal-Saudi deal, money exchanging hands) leaving us red faced? Crime was committed by foreigners and the victims are foreigners. News trickling in suggest that the Nepalese women have left for Nepal. In my view a lot depends on Nepalese Government's stand. Indian Government is not under same kind of pressure it would have been if the victims were Indians.

Similar incident had happened in the UK, the Saudi diplomats were allowed to leave and the Indonesian woman, the victim was declined any compensation.

Abhijat

Country flag
I agree totally, but what if the Nepalese women retract later (secret Nepal-Saudi deal, money exchanging hands) leaving us red faced?
In an FIR lodged statement should have been recorded and video graphed before Civil Magistrate (?) and thus would have been a reference for future investigation.

Crime was committed by foreigners and the victims are foreigners.
Indian constitution guarantees fundamental right to life (Art. 21) both to Citizens and non-citizens alike. So , who ever maybe the person be, he/she gets equal treatment in India.

Any way , point should be applying diplomatic/public pressure to dehumanize these bas*ards , and pay them back in kind.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I agree totally, but what if the Nepalese women retract later (secret Nepal-Saudi deal, money exchanging hands) leaving us red faced? Crime was committed by foreigners and the victims are foreigners. News trickling in suggest that the Nepalese women have left for Nepal. In my view a lot depends on Nepalese Government's stand. Indian Government is not under same kind of pressure it would have been if the victims were Indians.

Similar incident had happened in the UK, the Saudi diplomats were allowed to leave and the Indonesian woman, the victim was declined any compensation.
You have a point. But if it is possible, India should do all it takes to support Nepal to prevent Nepal Saudi pact or agree ment from happening. But, at the same time, we should make sure our red tape is unusually bureaucratic and so that even if the camel fuckers are to be released, they are released after a very lengthy stay in Tihar. Also, when they are in Tihar, lets make sure that the camel fuckers are so traumatised by the jail experience that they will never have a normal camel sex life again.:mad:

We must make sure our response is so severe that , no other camel fucker would come to India thinking he can get away with his barbarity in the future.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
You have a point. But if it is possible, India should do all it takes to support Nepal to prevent Nepal Saudi pact or agree ment from happening. But, at the same time, we should make sure our red tape is unusually bureaucratic and so that even if the camel fuckers are to be released, they are released after a very lengthy stay in Tihar. Also, when they are in Tihar, lets make sure that the camel fuckers are so traumatised by the jail experience that they will never have a normal camel sex life again.:mad:

We must make sure our response is so severe that , no other camel fucker would come to India thinking he can get away with his barbarity in the future.
I think I should not comment on these issues.

I am kind of radical when it comes to these topics. I can't see arab (Changed name) people as human beings. Anything associated with them makes my blood boil. The things I learned about these people blinds my mind.

These people need rehab for few generations.

DingDong

Country flag
I think I should not comment on these issues.

I am kind of radical when it comes to these topics. I can't see arab (Changed name) people as human beings. Anything associated with them makes my blood boil. The things I learned about these people blinds my mind.

These people need rehab for few generations.
They require Gene Therapy. Castrate the Sheikhs, mate the Fatimas with better stock, even camels will produce better offspring.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
They require Gene Therapy. Castrate the Sheikhs, mate the Fatimas with better stock, even camels will produce better offspring.
Or better, annihilate all of them. They are really bad inspiration for all muslim people on earth.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Share it on the social media and lets create a socail media outrage. I want to see how much spine the supposed nationalistic govt is showing
Nothing to do with nationalistic govt, almost every country behaves the same way with Saudi diplomats. Usually they are asked to leave silently. Almost every country including European ones have problems with Saudi diplomats and royal family members. Last year there was a case of around 300000 euros in unpaid bills by one of the royal daughters in Switzerland in some resort.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Yup, I even think that money won't even be offered and will just be asked to shut up. We have to realise this Arabs consider everybody else as inferior .

In india only communists will make some noise, I don't expect anybody else to take up this issue.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Yup, I even think that money won't even be offered and will just be asked to shut up. We have to realise this Arabs consider everybody else as inferior .

In india only communists will make some noise, I don't expect anybody else to take up this issue.
Then everyone other than Communists should commit mass suicide

Nothing to do with nationalistic govt, almost every country behaves the same way with Saudi diplomats. Usually they are asked to leave silently. Almost every country including European ones have problems with Saudi diplomats and royal family members. Last year there was a case of around 300000 euros in unpaid bills by one of the royal daughters in Switzerland in some resort.
If the world eats bull crap, does not mean we should too. The article says the Saudi dogs dont have diplomatic immunity.So let them rot in jail.

Sylex21

What do you mean by without making international incident ?

If its been proved, the bastard should be shamed and kicked out the country with the very next flight. To the hell with Saudis, let them be unhappy. If these camel fuckers can't be shown door they will never learn.
That is all well and good in an ideal world, but the real world isn't so black and white. Look at the case of the Italian marines that shot some fishermen and then it became a huge international drama, with the Italians not seeing it as some sort of justice for the fishermen but as an innocent mistake and the mean Indians persecuting their heroic marines, who are now hailed as national heroes in Italy.

My point was a simple "hopefully this will be handled maturely by the Saudi's and not turn into some ridiculous drama." While justice is justice, actions have real world consequences and perception is everything.

sorcerer

Country flag
If the Saudi establishment wants to make a statement...about their new HUMAN RIGHTS LAW...which their clandome brought..its now..

Saudi establishment should make an example out of this diplomat and save face!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles