With Russian help, India to join ICBM big league soon

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
May be they mixed up guidance system with seeker. Seekers are used in ABM!!

Still india has decent guidance system as well as seekers for it's other missiles.
Defense reporting by regular media isn't up to the mark. I've seen plenty of blunders. Basic mistakes.
Good thing is, it gets scrutinized here - a place accessible by us civilians.

Regards,
Virendra

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The Americas. High School Geography should have taught you that.

Or did you ask the question in rhetoric becuase you take offense to this discussion?

The United States could not stand a planet with 2 superpowers, you think you can swallow one with India, Russia and China with similar economic might?Do you think we are naive enough to assume that the US would not be hostile to India in 10 or 20 years?
I hope hostile and belligerent people like you are not determining India's foreign policy now or in the future.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I hope hostile and belligerent people like you are not determining India's foreign policy now or in the future.
If hostile and belligerent people were making Indian foreign policy, Pakistan would not have been on the map and the US would not have been feeling the pain they have been for the last 10 years.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
The point is not about targeting, it is about having the capability, We would like to send off a Missile into China from the Atlantic Ocean if need be. We are in serious threat from two hostile nuclear armed basket case's of the world neighbors China and Pakistan, It is imperative we have every weapon available to defend ourselves. No other democratic and peaceful country live in such a hostile neighborhood after the end of the Cold War.
Should India Navy stay in its own neighborhood then rather than float around in the Atlantic?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
If hostile and belligerent people were making Indian foreign policy, Pakistan would not have been on the map and the US would not have been feeling the pain they have been for the last 10 years.
My reply was to a post clearly hostile to the US in terms of nuclear targeting. Do you really think Pakistan should be obliterated? Does India view the US on a par with Pakistan? Many posts on this forum are extremely skewed with impotent rage towards Pakistan; does this attitude bleed over into Indians' view of the USA?

By the way, I wish you all a Happy Columbus Day! Were it not for Columbus trying to find India, the USA might not exist today.:lol:

SPIEZ

Country flag
My reply was to a post clearly hostile to the US in terms of nuclear targeting. Do you really think Pakistan should be obliterated? Does India view the US on a par with Pakistan? Many posts on this forum are extremely skewed with impotent rage towards Pakistan; does this attitude bleed over into Indians' view of the USA?

By the way, I wish you all a Happy Columbus Day! Were it not for Columbus trying to find India, the USA might not exist today.:lol:
This attitude is towards Paki's alone. Most people hated the US for their FREE HAND SUPPORT to Pakistan. But things are changing.

The Us intell did state Pak building arms against India using anti terror funds. But why should the US supply anti-ship missiles to Pakistan knowing fully well that they were using the Anti-terror funds, also KNOWING MUJAHIDEENS DON'T USE SHIPS ????

trackwhack

Oh, please spare me the bullshit. As an American, you have the cheek to call me, an Indian, hostile????

plugwater

May be they mixed up guidance system with seeker. Seekers are used in ABM!!

Still india has decent guidance system as well as seekers for it's other missiles.
India has indigenous seeker for only Nag missile.

What other missiles you are talking about ? ABM uses Russian seekers.

Last edited:

agentperry

Ewald, the anti-americanism among indian and many asian and african country is because of the US supports the enemy while doing the same with them. from us point of view its an act of balance. fine, then why are you trying to be a referee or a peace-broker. a neutral person who is so damn interested in having his personal business done. the motive of usa is always unclear and where usa tries to side is the point where its requirement is required the most.
usa with its gesture and repo gives an advantage to the group or the cause it is supporting. so usa either should refrain from getting into or it should get fully into it. the half-hearted involvement makes both party snippy.

in case of indo-pak relation. the support to pakistan in form of military gears and fighters and frigates. this is clear sign of obliging pakistan. these stuff can never be bought to use in WOT. on the pit stop in india by us foreign sec- Indians are assured of usa support and steps to counter terror which despite hundreds of evidence dossiers having thousands of pages are submitted/shared to/with americans shouts the nexus between PA/isi and terrorists are ignored and PA is gifted defence stuff worth billions.

the milking the opportunity attitude by usa is hampering establishment of good ties between India and usa.

it pisses off americans when pakistan plays a double game with them but expect Indians to stay calm and PRAGMATIC when they oblige the pakistanis.( bow their head, offer their ass what ever you may say).

but what we can do- us has a big strong highly trained force of 17000 foreign service officials who are so damn pragmatic and hard working- committed to make usa the world's most hated country.

as you say in usa- either you are with us or you are with our enemy.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
We should have icbm that can reach usa. Why should we not have ? just because there is no threat today doesn't mean we should stay undefended.

Adux

Country flag
My reply was to a post clearly hostile to the US in terms of nuclear targeting.
If there is a US Missile targetting New Delhi, then Yes there will be and should be a Indian Missile targetting Washington DC.
Do you really think Pakistan should be obliterated?
Nope, I just want the damn place fenced around, and turned into the world's largest prison. Trust me, we are all better off.

Does India view the US on a par with Pakistan?
US has always kept a blind eye to Pakistani terrorism to India, and more often provided them with aid which they knew would be directly used against India. But I understand, it is the game of geo-politics, USA had USSR to deal with it. Its all fair and square, We will be opening more upto Iran pretty soon.
Many posts on this forum are extremely skewed with impotent rage towards Pakistan; does this attitude bleed over into Indians' view of the USA?
If the US thinks, that it can rough shoulder us simply because they are the most powerful country in the world, then they are in for some suprises. We are democratic nation of our own right and might. We will not be pushed around, As long as you respect us, you are in calm waters.

And the genocide of millions of Native Americans will not have happened, a near wipe out of a complete civilization and race of people. But i dont blame you, such is the world of man.

Adux

Country flag
We should have icbm that can reach usa. Why should we not have ? just because there is no threat today doesn't mean we should stay undefended.
All in right and opportune time. Nixon wouldnt have dared to send USS Enterprise to help Pakistan in the genocide of Bangladeshi's, if we had the capability. But then again, it was the Cold War, we were a third rate power in the global context, therefore it was good that we had Soviet Union on our side, we are a second rate power now, and it is no longer advisable nor respectable for us to depend on other people for our defense. So even though US is our ally, it is in our interest to have the capability to fight anywhere we want to.

Last edited:

Soorya Dhanush

;0
AGNI 5 10,000 km????????????
Dude it's only 5,000-6,000 kms
Thats the range of the missile for the rest of the world.Basically no country will openly mdsays missile range accurately.So far my understanding is each country downplays its missile range.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
All in right and opportune time. Nixon wouldnt have dared to send USS Enterprise to help Pakistan in the genocide of Bangladeshi's, if we had the capability. But then again, it was the Cold War, we were a third rate power in the global context, therefore it was good that we had Soviet Union on our side, we are a second rate power now, and it is no longer advisable nor respectable for us to depend on other people for our defense. So even though US is our ally, it is in our interest to have the capability to fight anywhere we want to.
My point exactly. No self respecting Indian would want a nato shield either.

Adux

Country flag
My point exactly. No self respecting Indian would want a nato shield either.
If it offers superior shield for the time being, it should be taken. There is no place for self-respect when millions of lives are at stake, especially when we are not upto the mark, and should be used till we develop our own, and hopefully give that shield to South East Asia and Middle east.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
If it offers superior shield for the time being, it should be taken. There is no place for self-respect when millions of lives are at stake, especially when we are not upto the mark, and should be used till we develop our own, and hopefully give that shield to South East Asia and Middle east.
I will never trust someone else for our national security.

If our's is not good enough for the time being then lets buy it from nato. Whats wrong in buying it and operating it ourselves ? Its not like we dont have the money.

Adux

Country flag
I will never trust someone else for our national security.

If our's is not good enough for the time being then lets buy it from nato. Whats wrong in buying it and operating it ourselves ? Its not like we dont have the money.
We need to have complete and full control. I agree. Question arises? Would they sell? If they would, will they sell to our satisfaction. We dont have the constellation of satellites, radars they have. We just dont have the tech on their level. Yet our threats are very much near and present.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
We need to have complete and full control. I agree. Question arises? Would they sell? If they would, will they sell to our satisfaction. We dont have the constellation of satellites, radars they have. We just dont have the tech on their level. Yet our threats are very much near and present.
If they dont sell us with our demands then it means they dont trust us. So if they dont trust us with there shield then why should be trust them with out national security ?

You see the end result of us and nato is not the same. They want us to be dependent on them and then to ultimately toe there line. In a hypothetical situation if we have a nato shield then you'll start hearing why are we investing money to develop our own when we already have a nato shield.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
If the USN can float in Indian Ocean, then Indian Navy can float around in the Atlantic.
OK, fair enough. I just don't see the benefit to India to project its force there.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles