Will invite Manmohan Singh to my oath-taking ceremony: Nawaz

ladder

Country flag
Will invite Manmohan Singh to my oath-taking ceremony: Nawaz
PTI | May 13, 2013, 04.52 PM IST
LAHORE: PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif on Monday said he will invite Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to Pakistan for his oath-taking ceremony as the new prime minister.

Sharif invited Singh to Pakistan on Monday, Express News reported adding that he said he would also invite Singh to his oath-taking ceremony.

Nawaz has already indicated his desire to normalize "rollercoaster" ties with India.

Prime Minister Singh had lost no time on Sunday in congratulating Sharif on his election victory, which will give him his third term as prime minister of Pakistan, and invited him to visit India at a mutually convenient time.

In an unusually quick response even as counting of votes was underway in Pakistan, Singh conveyed India's desire to work with him to chart a new course in India-Pak relations.

In a letter to Sharif, Prime Minister Singh said, "I look forward to working with you and your government to chart a new course and pursue a new destiny in the relations between our countries. I would also like to extend an invitation to you to visit India at a mutually convenient time."

During the campaign, 63-year-old Sharif had vowed to revive the India-Pak peace process which was interrupted in 1999 by the then military ruler Parvez Musharraf who ousted him in a bloodless coup. Sharif had started the peace process with then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
http://http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Will-invite-Manmohan-Singh-to-my-oath-taking-ceremony-Nawaz/articleshow/20029813.cms

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
LOL

Can some Talibunny send MMS to his 1072 virgins if he is invited?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
You mean Taliban taking on the Prime Minister of Republic of India????
Yeah why not...let someone do the dirty job since he has crossed all limits of shamelessness.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is to ensure that teh Pak Army does not mess it up in front of an international audience! ;)

sorcerer

Country flag
Seems like India is trying to pick it up from where it left off.
Everything will go well id Pak army doesnt pick on us and keep the Talibunnies on their side of the fence.

drkrn

Yeah why not...let someone do the dirty job since he has crossed all limits of shamelessness.
i really don't understand your remarks.nawaz wanted to normalize relations with india in 1999 which failed due to pakistani military.and again he is trying a second chance.

by inviting indian PM MMS he did a good thing to pakistan.
now congress will not leave this opportunity and will definitely send a representative of GOI to his oath-taking ceremony for muslim votes

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
i really don't understand your remarks.nawaz wanted to normalize relations with india in 1999 which failed due to pakistani military.and again he is trying a second chance.

by inviting indian PM MMS he did a good thing to pakistan.
now congress will not leave this opportunity and will definitely send a representative of GOI to his oath-taking ceremony for muslim votes
Nothing against Ganja inviting MMS since it's good gesture.... just that a "PM" like MMS is good for nothing other than a puppet.

lcatejas

Nawaz should think to send some more invitation to .. Mohd Mulayam , Diggy, Lalu and many more...all vote bank freaks...

t_co

Sigh... can't DFI just appreciate an olive branch for what it is?

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Paki olive branches always have a dynamite stick attached to it...

Bus Diplomacy -> Kargil War

Lahore Declaration/Agra Summit -> Parliament Attack

CBMs -> 26/11

Nawaz invitation -> ISI plans to create unrest based on Afzal Guru hanging

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Olive branch with a grass snake in it!

Try spotting it

It is the same old Nawaz Sharif of the Lahore Bus infamy!

The US says 'Remember the Alamo'!

India says 'Remember the Lahore Bus Bonhomie'!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles