Will country forgive Mamta Banerjee for her actions?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by SHASH2K2, Aug 19, 2011.

1. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Will country forgive Mamta Banerjee for her actions?​

watching what happened in past 3-4 days and kind of silence we have seen from Mamta Banerjee is very unusual. SHe was only politician who championed cause of poors and fought against corruption. She has suffered a lot at hands of Corrupt West Bengal government . There was not even a single statement coming from her even after Anna was jailed. Will country forgive her for supporting a corrupt government for sake of some aid from center?

3. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

well most of parties that are in current upa are silent because they want all dirt to be thrown on congrees they want themself to remian clean

4. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

I agree with anoop, the reason why the alliance partners are silent is that they are laughing silently and enjoying their dominant partner squirming.

Remember that Congress had bypassed their allies when they had talks with Anna and team, because they wanted all the credit to go their party.

Param likes this.
  5. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

I don't understand why Mamta would depend a lot on centre. I believe she doesn't. But then regardless of that, why is she silent?
    Is she contented to keep herself limited to WB?

Regards,
    Virendra

6. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Why not someone go ask her about her opinion??

Or anybody already did & we don't know?

7. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Mamta is kind of politician who is very spontaneous in her reactions. She was a great champion of Civil rights and all of a sudden she is mum . Quite unlike mamta who use to threaten to withdraw support even for a small issue . Did chief ministerial birth changed her ?

8. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Silence of the politicians exhibits their moral turpitude and their shame and guilt.

SHASH2K2 likes this.
  9. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

Singh are you suggesting that Mamta is neck deep in Corruption or that she's hiding something (like some old deal with Congress) ?

10. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Virendra she need not fear Lok Janpal. What I feel is that Government might have promised her a fat package if she keeps her mouth shut. State above the country is what I see here .

11. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Fight against corruption is only until they reach the 'gaddi'. Once they adorn the 'gaddi' they will be new masters in plundering the wealth of country.

12. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

well i think she has more tension on her head now. how to full-fill poll promises, how to fund pouplist welfare scheme as states corpes is empty plus central had decline to provide amount Financial assistance she demanded or may be she is busy in deciding what should be new name of west bengal

13. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

I guess you are right. Its Paschim Banga.

West Bengal renamed Paschim Banga

14. A.V.

A.V. New Member

There is a basic misconception here , the thing is majority almost (90%) of normal bengali mass and population never identify themselves with any Gandhi follower , thats a very basic truth which many dont realize , same with anna because anna is not somebody who has a mass support in west bengal even though he is fighting a noble cause for india

Bengalis never never and will never idntify with MK gandhi or any of his followers from inside be it for whatever noble cause it is

15. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

But Bengalis did participate in national Independence along with Gandhi. ALso isnt it foolish ideology that stop you to join somone who is fighting against same malaise that has plagued you the most. I am talking about state sponsored suppression and corruption here.

16. A.V.

A.V. New Member

Sash i just said bengalis dont identify , almost no one is criticizing what anna is doing but to expect that they will come up with a huge hulla should not be expected.

To prove just what i am saying in our small community of dfi ask all the bengali members what i am saying you will find a reply , ask pmaitra, pintuda, ray sir and all the rest you will find they are the most least of anna supporters amongst the group here on dfi

17. A.V.

A.V. New Member

One primary reason sash :-

BENGALIS ( MAJORITY ) DONT BELILEVE that INDEPENDENCE CAME ALONG WITH GANDHI BUT ITS RATHER OPPOSITE THAT GANDHI WAS A SMALL PART IN A BIGGER STRUGGLE FOR INDEPENDENCE.

Independence and gandhism is not the same thing

18. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

I that case I rtequest you to close this thread . There is already a lot of heat now a days . I dont want to change it a government vs civil right debate to Bengalis vs non Bengalis debate.

19. A.V.

A.V. New Member

No there is no issue on this i just posted my views becaus ei felt mamata does what the mass on the ground feels , she is playing to her field of influence , you will hear even the CPIM is not raising the voice on this because they know very little political gain by supporting anna in west bengal and same time opposing him will also not be good

middle path is silence and its best on this issue because another fact is this amongst the political community bengal has seen probably the most clean and less corrupt leaders since ancient past

20. Phenom

Phenom Regular Member

Why, is it because of how Gandhi treated S.C.Bose?

21. debasree

debasree Regular Member

as we know ,its of no use ,mainly we ourselfs are not clean in mind ,its a publicity stunt,cause may be noble ,but many are using it for their own perpouse , still today many of us do not obey civic rulls , do not think about our neighbours , we give importace to ourselfs,the selfishness is so much mingled with us that no body can repair it unless we rectify ourselfs.