Will China attack India again?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
See and Learn..

You cannot see the point coz you are uneducated regarding the matter..

Indian Railway in the area is just 100km from Border and connected through multiple lines also chains of Highway,

Chinese Railway in the area is 300km far from nearest border and the route is just Single track ( Two lanes )

Which is closer & Which is more vulnerable?

perhaps you need to explain why you find it relevant.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
i have a bias because i prefer people who come from good families !

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
sigh .....beginning to agree with member Kunal-ji .. .... didnt i say the OCEANS and their resources AROUND you ?

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
i'll leave it at that - thanks for the laughs

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
CURRENT SENARIO

Massive land invasion is out of question because of geography The bulk of Chinas force footprint is focussed on the east. The Himalayas are seen as a natural barrier Limited land invasion could be attempted in the Easternmost part of India, This is far from the most developed part of India, little objectives of significance could be found there. Bombing would be a possibility, but China only has obsolete H-6 as long range bombers now, and India's SU 30 mki would have no trouble disposing of them. As for naval war i believe, its quality vs quantity

India doesn't need ICBM's to hit Beijing or Shanghai and it has successfully tested that missile. Russia is playing both sides but China seems to have more political weight to bring to the table to keep their air force and sub force one or two steps ahead of the Indians. "The question is do they have sufficient infrastructure in place to shift to the west? " The Chinese are working on that, large scale highway projects between Urumuqi and various points in Pakistan, the QingHai-Tibet highway, as well as a bold railway plan involving technology that doesn't yet exist but the US side is more than willing to develop with Chinese researchers and provide to China. China not only holds some key glaciers but also has a few thousand troops in remote areas of Kashmir and along the Kashmir/Pakistan border. Then there are the PLAN bases in development in Pakistan and those that already exist in Myanmar. The US has started to work with India alot, and I'll bet once Japan opens up her arms market India is pushing to the front of the line, along with Vietnam.

Country flag
CURRENT SENARIO
"The question is do they have sufficient infrastructure in place to shift to the west? " The Chinese are working on that, large scale highway projects between Urumuqi and various points in Pakistan, the QingHai-Tibet highway, as well as a bold railway plan involving technology that doesn't yet exist but the US side is more than willing to develop with Chinese researchers and provide to China. China not only holds some key glaciers but also has a few thousand troops in remote areas of Kashmir and along the Kashmir/Pakistan border. Then there are the PLAN bases in development in Pakistan and those that already exist in Myanmar. The US has started to work with India alot, and I'll bet once Japan opens up her arms market India is pushing to the front of the line, along with Vietnam.
Once PLAN navy gets these bases they will have more control of the world oil trade. Breaking
US hegemony in mideast oil. Inroads have already been made into Iran and China is contemplating
a base in Iran.

The Cutting Edge News

Accordingly, Beijing is looking to connect railways with Iran, Turkey, and Europe, and and perhaps establish a naval base on one of Iran's islands.

mikhail

Country flag
please for chrissake don't try to say that the PLA is at par with the western armies.its not even at par with the newly established Afgan army let alone with India when it comes to proper training,skill and equipment.just because PLAis twice the size of IA it doesn't mean that it has to be at par with the western armies!as for the IA its one of the finest armies in the whole world,probably more battle hardened and experienced than all the armies of Asia(except for the Vietnamese Army).on the other hand PLA has got literally no such experience for the past 33 years(umm the last time it went to gain some live experience it got its a** who**ed by the battle hardened and vastly experienced VPA:rofl:)!

mikhail

Country flag
now you have stared to twist the facts!who told you that the railway lines in the NE India is very old and antiquated!listen don't try to act smart because i have seen many "so called" smart guys in my life and the majority of them got their a**kic*ed by me!so stop acting like a dillusional person and from next time onward if you wanna most some speculative news make sure that you have got enough evidence and sources to back it up.otherwise you will waste our time!

mikhail

Country flag
the entire IOR region upto the Maldives is our backyard and i can assure you that the IN is literally invincible in this region!so if china really wants to dominate the IOR(which seems to be a very unlikely scenerio) then the PLAN should induct atleast 3 CBGs in its fleet as it can deploy atmost a single CBG in the IOR otherwise it will leave china totally vunerable to foreign invasion(read JSFN and USN combined invasion).

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Winton

I think you have not understood the point that is being conveyed.

When one (anyone) shoots out a personal opinion, ideal would be if that person elaborates on the rationale behind the same so that the thread does not spiral into a tailspin, packed with irrelevant and avoidable banter.

Now, if a loose ended statement is given and it is not understood and a query is raised, then it (the query) should be answered and not answered with another question. At best, answer the point raised and add then the question.

Ideal is providing a link. A link proves that it has been empirically checked and has been found worthy of publication and is not a loose cannon meandering all over causing doubts.

winton

@ray
when an opinion is made, details can be fleshed out during the discussion. That is why we discuss. Every post does not need to be a dissertation or a white paper.

tharikiran

Country flag
I have just one point to make.One of the difficulties of mountain warfare is that aerial attacks are not that successful or accurate.
The reason being the mountains provide natural cover from attacks.

Last edited:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
:facepalm:
@Bhoja No trolling please. Stick to the topic and maintain quality in your posts

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I don't believe non-vegetarianism has much to do with who pawns whom in the long run. It is not a one to one street fight either.
How much the meat helped the Pakis is clear from the wars of the past. It's a wash for them.
Anyway were are not focusing on them here in this thread. Lately we are not focusing on them in our doctrines/strategic prep as well.
Moreover, I have seen the common perception in India shift from an intense sentimentally rich enmity to indifference and pity towards them. That is all I would say about Pakistan in this thread.
Back to China and their supposed punch through Himalayas.

regards,
Virendra

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Lets not debate on Chicken and eggs anymore :D
So who thinks China can still punch through the Himalayas? And what does India need in deterrance?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Lets not debate on Chicken and eggs anymore :D
So who thinks China can still punch through the Himalayas? And what does India need in deterrance?
Limited war possible and more than likely. Full out war, will be tough.

Deterrence = Nukes and a short leash.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
More specifically, deterrence = second Strike capability

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles