Why you don't want Rahul Gandhi , don''t we need opposition in democracy?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by square, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Compersion

Compersion Senior Member Senior Member

Manmohan Singh has the art of speaking with at least double interpretations and with intent and purpose.

Which one you read and how you read it is the beauty.

I always wanted to know who had advised Sonia G to consider him to be a senior leader in congress and PM (it must have been prior to 2004). :clap2:History will be kind to him but sure he made some mistakes - no one is perfect - but he did make some good decisions also. not saying any overt support to him but facts are facts.

2. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

It has been well documented by Sanjaya Baru among others that MMS was chosen not for his abilities and qualifications (he has many), but because Sonia did not want a repeat of PVNR situation by appointing the crafty and experienced Pranab Mukherjee as the PM.

3. Compersion

It is also a well known that Sanjaya Baru was part of a discussion group that included well respected individuals and one was Manmohan Singh. This group was "authorized" by Sonia Gandhi. Authorization is not the same as selection. The individuals that come together were not selected by her. [i have observed the flow of the same in his book where he thought ABV would win - such dynamics need to be observed fully*]

i would love to know the first encounter and how it was developed between Sonia G and MMS especially where we saw MMS elevation. He was Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha from 21 March 1998.

Fair play RTI was pushed by Sonia Gandhi (one supposes but there was a habitual habit where everything was credited) ... is the discourse really saying she choose MMS because she did not want PVNR. I can understand choice over P.Mukherjee but how did the choices get there. Was she going to be PM - what made her think like that. What made it. When MMS was announced it was a "relief" and "good choice" and "good for economy".

If i am going to choose from a menu ... the Sonia G before 2004 far different to after 2004.

I have said many times Sonia G ought to be respectful for the 10 years and grateful why it happened - the reasoning is sound and safe.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  4. Nanjesh Patel

Nanjesh Patel Regular Member

Are you serious? Are you serious? Are you frikkin serious?
    How can a sane individual call his blunders, mistakes? He was a mute spectator to lakhs of crores being siphoned off right in front of him. He barely spoke in front of his madame. I would love to know his "some good decisions". Please enlighten me.

5. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

MMS association with Gandhi family goes far back, much before 1998. e was the governor of RBI during IG and RG's regimes. He became the FM in 1991 under PVNR, contested (and lost) South Delhi LS elections in 1999 and stayed on in RS.

I don't know if you are aware but important files including classified ones used to be send to 10 Janpath for review and approval, vetted by Ahmad Patel among others.

Pranab Mukherjee, like PVNR would have never stood for that nonsense and lest you forget, Pranab Mukherjee is no stranger to economic policy making, he was the finance minister under IG from 1982-84. He also co-chaired Planning Commission from 1991-95. This is one of the reasons he was chosen as FM from 2009-2012 after Chidambaram moved to Home.

PVNR during his tenure, nearly completely sidelined Maino clan from the Congress. The loss in 1996 and Sitaram Kesri's coup is what allowed the clan to re-assert their control over Congress and since then they did everything to ensure that not only PVNR was banished from the party, but no worthwhile mass leader would emerge from within. The existing ones either left- Pawar or passed away in a series of "accidents"- Scindia, Pilot, and maybe YSR.

Nanjesh Patel likes this.
  6. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

This thread should be renamed as "Pappu Thread"

7. SREEKAR

SREEKAR HELLRAIDER21 Senior Member

People say YSR and Sonia had huge trust issues b/w them. Black box of that aircraft is a still mystery. Chopper's debris was found in deep forest but no track of black box.

8. Compersion

Some good decisions:
    There are a few but one that i love to mention and talk about: General Vijay Kumar Singh, PVSM, AVSM, YSM, ADC +*
    *: (you might say that was not a decision it was a process of senior most).

The more common one is where he did not resign that is known by many.

Another is role of Intelligence Bureau and more ... (many forget Ajit Kumar Doval was Director of Intelligence Bureau while Manmohan Singh was PM but there was more that can be read). *

(Please forgive me but I am not showing any disrespect to you but I am following up on a another post below with ibid with some more thoughts)

9. Compersion

I am not trying to be a overt supporter of Manmohan Singh but facts are facts.

I see how Manmohan Singh became a "Leader" much before 2004. He did not come out of the blue and into Sonia G "authorization". Having authorization has its own ambit and reasoning and why and hows and whats. Manmohan Singh prior to 2004 was a candidate for at least Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) - how was that done - and Prime Minister - was it simply a to b.

I make a proposition to you that imagine Sonia Gandhi with Manmohan Singh being PM and perhaps others in their roles and humbleness had developed the country and made excellent decisions. That the image and spectacular performance endured such. The opportunity was there. I would label it (through my earlier posts) that it was needed because of combination of dharmic thoughts and advaita vedanta. It is a fact that from the output of the Manmohan Singh 10 years we have a certain product of certain standards and certain performances of many and few. Was there blunders and difficulties and problems along the way. Yep.

You have mentioned Sanjaya Baru books it clearly states Manmohan Singh did not have a free hand. But when he did ... How often was that.

But what I see is what has come out of the process. It is difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room -- especially if the cat isn't there. You not only caught but people are avoiding now. (that is only a partial thought more leave to others).

He is a far clever person that many people label him. Sure it would have been ideal to have a leader without the tandems of 2004 - 2014 behind them. It is not easy to make someone fall from great heights. I still feel we needed what occurred. Someone I know labelled Manmohan Singh period of 2009 to 2014 to a 1962 but I label it to 1996 - Prime Minister of India, PV Narasimha Rao, was all prepared to test the nuclear bomb.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  10. Nanjesh Patel

Nanjesh Patel Regular Member

Yes, it was a matter of senior most. There have been a very few superseding of Generals in history and Gen Bipin Rawat is one of them.

Shri Ajit Kumar Doval was made the Dir of IB, because he was the most respected and also the senior-most operation wise. But, he was hardly for 6 months.

In other news, seriously your points doesn't make sense.

11. Compersion

I respect your views. :india2:

12. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

The question is fallacious and nothing but a bait.

Yes we need a strong opposition but why Rahul Gandhi.

Kejriwal and people associate with him can still make a great opposition. Why he got derailed has many obvious reasons but nonetheless he and his associates has the potential.

Call me biased seeing my hate for this dynasty but I can say for sure this person Rahul Gandhi is organically sick, has no brains of his own, a life long moron; will be deleterious to this nation; in power or in opposition.

Flame Thrower and Nanjesh Patel like this.