Why white nationalists are thrilled with Obama's victory

average american

American elections are heated, but we back the winner, there are allways some like the white rights or far right or left that whine and complain, they are a minority, I would not make much of it. I really doubt that white nationalist are thrilled with Obama victory, at least from what I see and hear.. There world ended when a black man was elected president.

trackwhack

Division of any society on ethnic lines is never a pleasant thing. While I am a staunch critic of US government policies, I definitely do not want the people to hurt each other.

Moreover, I don't think America deserves to be destroyed, by anyone.

Division of america on any lines will bring greater peace to the rest of the world.

Phenom

But, as the eternal-optimist and one that is thinking of a shorter-term solution, I think one way to expedite that process is to adopt the U.S system of live televised debates.
I think televised debates have both positives and negatives for a country like India, where still a large number of people are illiterate. Here the person with better oratory skills and better comedic sense could easily come out on top, than a guy who talks about growth and statistics. Imagine a TV debate between Lalu Prasad and Nitish Kumar, Lalu would win it hands down. Unfortunately some of the best CMs in the country don't appear to be good orators like Nitish, Sivraj singh, Naveen Patnaik etc. I think most of the time TV debates reduce the choice in the election to; "who is more popular" rather than "who is more able".

OTOH on the positive sides, other than the ones you mentioned, I think a debate for the national election with PM candidates could change the way people look at Parliamentary elections. Maybe then the election could truly become a national election rather than being the sum total of state elections, as it is now.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I am surprise and appalled that such race-baiting appears in the pages of Foreign Policy.

My conclusion is that we should never underestimate the vindictiveness of the American Left.

Snuggy321

The politics of race moved from the fringes to the front page last week in the wake of Mitt Romney's eggshell exit poll results -- whites made up a remarkable 88 percent of his votes, versus 56 percent of the president's. The New York Times dissected the Republican Party's demographics problem, and Fox News pundit Bill O'Reilly bluntly bemoaned the end of "traditional America" and "the white establishment." And, well outside the mainstream media, a deafening clatter arose across the land in the furious keystrokes of America's white nationalists.

Unsurprisingly, the re-election of Barack Obama reverberated across the spectrum of far-right extremism in the United States, where most see the president as an enemy of the Constitution who is planning to confiscate their guns during his second term. But while many vented anger and fear, some ideologically motivated racists saw a silver lining and -- detecting an opportunity -- reached out.

Just before the election, Gregory Hood, a prolific online writer with a single-minded focus on whiteness, wrote that Romney had to lose in order to make white Americans understand that they have lost control of the country. When his wish was fulfilled, he wasted little time taking advantage. The resulting essay, "A White Nationalist Memo to White Male Republicans," was cross-posted on several extremist websites and forums.

The Awakening - By J.M. Berger | Foreign Policy
I ve never seen a swastika on the US flag. must be a terrible sight for WW2 veterans

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
The white supremacists dont like any other color. So if you are in any such place, you'd be in serious trouble if such nut jobs rule the roost.
Thankfully, I do not desire to be there like some escapists whom I know, who just want to run away from Mother India, the mother who fed and raised us up, and because of whom I am everything that I am, however little it might be.
But, I agree with you, on principle. :cool2:

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
First, people need to realize that a majority of the white base is not synonymous with racist fanatics like the KKK.

Here's my take on the whole race issue. It is true that race is a factor in the United States, but it isn't nearly as important as we seem to think it is. Racial lines actually soften quite quickly over time in this country (much faster than anywhere else). Communal splits aren't new, not too long ago the English and German descendents abhorred the Irish and Italian immigrants, not to mention the Jews. The latter were relegated to ghettos as well (some of those neighborhoods still exist) however over time these lines eroded and there was cohesion. We are also currently witnessing the integration of the Asian and Indian community into the major fold. What really separates the Black and Hispanic community is socioeconomics, not race. Unlike all the other groups these communities have a much higher rate of poverty and lower rates of education.

This race war we see now is actually a relatively new engineered phenomenon. The rise of Barack Obama no doubt mobilized minorities, however the increasing racial factor preceded the 2008 election and majority of the blame actually rests with Republican strategists and Karl Rove in particular. During the Bush campaign Rove and his colleagues decided to use the media to invent a new base and non urban Whites were assessed to be the best target population. This led to the magnification of Fox news and an elevation of media figures like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck. I'm not saying there weren't White crazies out there before, there were, but not as many as we see now. However once the conservative media was unleashed it soon became clear that this was a huge financial cash cow. The objective wasn't just invigorating narrow minded Whites but rather creating as many new ones as possible (which is the primary objective of any media outlet), and this meant becoming more and more ridiculous. Circus politics (Sarah Palin), conspiracy theories and fear mongering became the primary marketing tools and this is what led to a large ignorant cohort of whites who started believing in imaginary wars, such as the racial war and the war on Christianity and boogie men such as the lazy blood sucking blacks and invader Mexicans.

What this election clearly shows however is that if the Republicans keep engineering this racial war they will lose and whatever sane Republicans that are left have now come around to this fact.

It will be interesting to see how the Republicans handle this issue.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Very pleasing.
When a predominantly white country like America appears and acts apologetic for its race, it deserves to be utterly ruined and dismantled by the people of the Negro race.
You are what race sir? Your also negro do you forget or may be you dont know.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Energon
Wouldn't you say Tea Party hijacked the GoP agenda ?

Last edited by a moderator:

average american

The Tea Party pull Romney to the right so far he could not get back to middle soon enought to get the moderate vote, it would be reasonalble to say the Tea Party lost the elections for the Republicans.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
As the economic condition of the world worsens bringing inequalities.Fascism and right wing tendencies will increasingly be more mainstream and the bestiality of man will be exhibited.In short liberty will take a backseat
Add to that the slow but steady decline of American global hegemony and the rise of new poles of political power (primarily China, but also India, Brazil, EU).

In short, we will soon see a repeat of the first half of the 20th century. Or maybe not?

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
You are what race sir? Your also negro do you forget or may be you dont know.
No problem if someone calls me a negro, I admit I am not a white. Doesn't mean I despise the American negros any less. Black people from Africa are so different from Negros of America. You must know sir, I despise their culture(american ones), not their race.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
No problem if someone calls me a negro, I admit I am not a white. Doesn't mean I despise the American negros any less. Black people from Africa are so different from Negros of America. You must know sir, I despise their culture(american ones), not their race.

What about their culture do you despise?

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
@Energon
Wouldn't you say Tea Party hijacked the GoP agenda ?
Oh yea, without a doubt. They certainly dominated the Republican agenda, but to be specific see, it wasn't really their original philosophy (incoherent tax plan) that drew people but rather their title. The "tea party" is essentially the marquee brand of the Republican party, sort of like Lexus for Toyota or Infinity for Nissan. If you are a member of the Tea Party it essentially means you're a super Republican who will not negotiate with anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

The Tea Party pull Romney to the right so far he could not get back to middle soon enought to get the moderate vote, it would be reasonalble to say the Tea Party lost the elections for the Republicans.
+1

I endorse that statement.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles