Why threads are being locked unceremoniously ?

S.A.T.A

While its the prerogative of the administration team to dispense their administrative tasks,including locking certain topics,i find it extremely unfortunate that locking away threads unceremoniously has been become an easy way out,where applying rules of moderation,like issuing warning,amending/deleting posts, would have sufficed.

I have been the administrator of IDF and i'm no stranger to the difficult task that any administration team is subject to when it comes to volatile topics and equally acrimonious discussion they usually generate.

However one policy that i always practiced and would advise anybody who would care to take it for whatever its worth,whatever we do we must not mock the time and effort that the patrons of this forum invest here.

Thanks & Regards

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I guess some moderator has this option accidentally checked. It will be corrected, don't worry. If you find such a locked thread where you feel one of us erred, report its first post, we'll correct it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Do let it be known which are the threads unceremoniously closed so that it can be reviewed.

It surely can be re-opened if there is nothing amiss.

And that close thread button sometimes do comes in to play mischief.

Happened to me twice!

Last edited:

A.V.

I think the mod team has gone very very soft in recent times and its good because we want to keep the members free from too much of string pulling - sometimes the topic goes far away from the point to being personal
the best way is to close the thread temporarily :-

all closed threads are reopened after a cool off period say 24 hours or more /secondly on member requests

so closing a thread is a temporary process gives time for the members to cool the heat and come back fresh with points of debate also on request of senior members we do allow a thread to be made open for limited access for a certain period

closing threads is neither good nor are we interested to do it , its just a way to limit the heat

Sri

>> SATA - Why threads are being locked unceremoniously ?
>> Rahul Singh - No wonder why i still miss IDF.

LOL .. remember the wonderful ceremonies we used to have @ IDF before we closed our threads.. :p

Flint

I agree. This forum is for open debate. If everybody agrees with each other then what is the point of having a forum? I think we should keep it as accepting of diverse views as possible within some limits.

A.V.

only threads gets locked when the topics go to religion because we are a defence forum and not a religious one if any defence threads are getting closed then let us know

also threads are opened back after a cool off period and review by mods

icecoolben

I tried to open a thread MMRCA muddled rationale costly mis-adventure, with a poll but doesn't show up, though it says its been created?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 926
JaguarWarrior Russia Ukraine conflict media thread Europe and Russia 86