Why the Bramhos should make the PLAN shiver

trackwhack

ok this is what pack leader said.

officially Barack 8 is slower then bramos but only officially
rule off thumb Russia always exaggerate by 10% and Israel always hide 10% off real capability
mf star (my baby) can track bramos for frigate mast from 50 km away
and from destroyer mast 80 km away
the dual pulse motor made in India is your first world class truly indigence military product well done
now lets talk physics.

A cell phone tower that is 30 meters tall covers a line of sight radius of 19.5 km.

Even if the MF-Star from the frigate mast is at 30 meters height, the earliest it will track the Brahmos will be about 25 km considering the Bramhos may be at 5 to 10 m above sea level.

I dont know the mast height of our frigates on which the MF star is installed. but anything less than 30 meters and we know that the 50 km claim above is absurd unless the brahmos was not following a steep dive config.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
I think PLAN wanted so bad to make something that looks like AEGIS that practicality was forgone to make it look like something it isn't. You could get 360 coverage with a mast mounted engagement radar that rotates every 2 seconds. India can buy SPY-1D Aegis radar or Thales SMART radar series. They are all more advanced than that. It is better than what Indian can make but they can just buy better foreign radars.
Anything India gets from the US is downgraded and downgraded again. Even a harmless C-130 transporter has all the vital electronics stripped off, why because US the white christian men trust India as little as they do with China. Do you think all those superpower talk on this or the other hindu njationalist forums went unnoticed by the CIA?

For the first I don't see India getting Aegis, then even if it happens India would only get a non-functioning copy.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
uwell for ship India will have its version of LRTR along with AAD and PDV, Tony you dont have any idea about what India is getting from USA, almost most of it is not front line fighting equipment. Plus we get what we want and not what others throw at us, prime example is MRCA tender.

nimo_cn

Country flag
All of them have range limitations and cannot take the Bramhos out before steep dive and have only 20 seconds to engage Bramhos after steep dive when it comes within radar range again.
in that case, I guess China won't be the only one who should shiver.

trackwhack

in that case, I guess China won't be the only one who should shiver.
but we dont have any other enemies who need to worry from it. dont you get it? being a real peaceful nation thats on the rise unlike what China claims, we dont have anyone to fear.

trackwhack

can someone please post the mast height of frigates and destroyers?

Bramhos air launched trajectory. it can enter steep dive as soon as launched, then detection of the missile simply comes down to when it comes within line of sight.

Last edited:

trackwhack

my larger point however is that what is the PLAN cooking to counter the Brahmos and if they take five years to induct such a system they have to then deal with Brahmos 2. Man we are lucky to have these missiles inducted already.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Some free advice to PLA navy, dont be :scared: if you see Brahmos has 500km range and doing zig-zag while attacking your ships............

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Anything India gets from the US is downgraded and downgraded again. Even a harmless C-130 transporter has all the vital electronics stripped off, why because US the white christian men trust India as little as they do with China. Do you think all those superpower talk on this or the other hindu njationalist forums went unnoticed by the CIA?

For the first I don't see India getting Aegis, then even if it happens India would only get a non-functioning copy.
India decided to get the MF-STAR AESA. It doesn't provide high power EW like US AEGIS but it does cover the engagement distance a Barak 8 will need. It covers 360 from the mast and has higher elevation which means better coverage on the horizon. Your destroyer's PARS are so low it isn't good for sea skimmers.

charlyondfi

In reality there are system vs system, not platform vs platform. Only fanboys will believe in invincible weapons. I find all those wonder weapon threads to be rather boring. :cool2:
So easy to skip the quote of the day, isn't it?

charlyondfi

my larger point however is that what is the PLAN cooking to counter the Brahmos and if they take five years to induct such a system they have to then deal with Brahmos 2. Man we are lucky to have these missiles inducted already.
Then the simple answer is PLAN should jump directly to counter-measure Brahmos 2, let alone 1 (or altogether), right?

This is NOT chess that you can only move one piece at a time.

Last edited:

trackwhack

Then the simple answer is PLAN should jump directly to counter-measure Brahmos 2, let alone 1 (or altogether), right?

This is NOT chess that you can only move one piece at a time.
so are you aware of any such program. lets discuss.

pack leader

Professional
Barak 2 is just a boosted Barak 1 with an improved seeker and data link. The name change to Barak 8 without 7 previous versions is rather comical.
Barack 1 is 30 year old tech and shares very little with the next gen Barack 8
it will become operational in march 2013 in the isn
arrogance is a vice

pack leader

Professional
in super sonic target engagement Barack 8 missile is fired before ship radar lock on ( no neccery )
ir sensors uav and ew provide proximate heading off enemy missile
then shot up look down mode lunch Barack 8 (first engine pulse )
then head to head engagement (second engine pulse )

this tech is a first in the world breakthrough approach to ship defense

pack leader

Professional
BTW HQ 9 and aster have the same problem they are ballistic missile interceptors modified to do fleet defense
they are too big too expensive have a single pulse engine and only capital ships can carry them

yes they can down a scud or a b-1 bomber but such skills are rarely needed and burden the ships that carry it

Last edited:

trackwhack

in super sonic target engagement Barack 8 missile is fired before ship radar lock on ( no neccery )
ir sensors uav and ew provide proximate heading off enemy missile
then shot up look down mode lunch Barack 8 (first engine pulse )
then head to head engagement (second engine pulse )

this tech is a first in the world breakthrough approach to ship defense
what about without these support systems?

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
arrogance is a vice
:notbad: not bad obama.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
arrogance is a vice
Really... you are going to highlight arrogance when you call it Barack as in Obama? :rolleyes:

So~... you witnessed Barak 8 intercept Brahmos missiles in Israel? I find that interesting... :notsure:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles