Why terrorism cannot be linked to the Gujarat riots

iNDiAN.96

Troll Soldier
Country flag
ISI ?

According to investigation report, Thousands of Muslims of Godhra was responsible. Report didn't blamed ISI AFAIK.

There was no relation between Babri masjid and Godhra train burning. Muslims of Godhra were involved many times in past (before 1992) starting from 1948.
@Bold: AFAIK They burned train because KarSevaks were inside train which they were coming back from Ayodhya.

Galaxy

Country flag
I am all for harsh punishment for all rioters, be it Gujarat or anywhere else.

This is India.

We are ALL equal.

Where I remain confused is that there are so many agencies/ political parties out to prove that Modi is the crook and inspite of their best effort they have not been able to nail the bloke all these years.

If indeed he is the scoundrel, where is the problem? Get the guy!

Therefore, am I wrong to believe that it is a political issue and not totally real?
Sir, You are correct. it's political issue to create fear among Muslims.

I have read most of the research/article on Gujarat riot in last few years. I never found a single evidence which says Modi is responsible.

Is he really responsible ? This is just perception and perception is not always reality. Gujarat riot was the 1st and only riot that was covered by Media intensively. I still remember how Rajdeep was showing live broadcasting from Ahmadabad and saying see 4 Muslims are running, 5 Hindus are running, Fire there. No police and so on. Since, More Muslims died than Hindu in Hindu majority, So that is perception that Modi was responsible as he failed to control (Also he was promoted as CM from RSS pracharak in 2001). Same year, Marad massacre happened in Kerala and ML was responsible. It's already been proved but nothing happened and that E.Ahmed is minister in centre.

Now, Most of the so called "Secular parties" got a tool to create fear among Muslims by projecting Modi as Anti-Muslim. BJP didn't got any advantage in 2002 assembly election. BJP won more seats in 1998 and 2007 election. But Modi was made icon of Hindutva which actually he was not. Then due to excellent governance, He earned more respect. Modi is tool for Congress, But somehow it worked in favor of Modi!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I want justice to prevail.

I don't care about Muslim or Hindu.

But will it happen?

iNDiAN.96

Troll Soldier
Country flag
Ray sir were you in Ahmedabad or some other city in Gujarat during riots? If Ahmedabad then which area were you posted to?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
My Division was there commanded by a Muslim General!

Asked for no favour and gave no favour!

Reactions: mki

Zebra

Country flag
The Godra train burning is indeed ISI activated to play to the inflamed Muslim sentiment of Babri Mazjid.

To believe otherwise would be disingenuous.

But the backlash was also not acceptable.

Sanity should have prevailed!
Rai Sir, a question please, this is true?

I found it here: Shadow Warrior: The myth and truth of Godhra

(4) Publicly announced its decision to employ the Army on the evening of the day riots began on February 28 (Within less than 24 hours at least one brigade of Indian Army had air-landed at Ahmedabad),

mki

After 60+ years pakistan still their to cock-a-snook at indians.Its good that existence of pakistan frustates indians alot.
in our india we have old saying " setan ki umar lambi hoti hai" that applies to pakistan.. but the end of setan always come and pakistan is on the way to end.

mki

Seems mischievous, I agree. But, as all posters here, I too did not witness it myself, so I would rather assume what is being broadcasted, beamed into our homes. Whatever it was, it was sad. And sadder was the vigilante killings that followed thereafter. Modi is a killer, and there can be no doubt afterall.
As you said you did not witness it by your self. do you know how much biased the news channels was at that time and still now? many times this news channels was responsible for triggering violence and claming wrong figures.
who you are to give certificate that modi is a killer? are you court or judge?
Let me remind you modi took all the steps what ever he can to stop killings and violance.

No one, not one community is above reproach. If Muslims are responsible, aren't Hindus responsible too? For the killing of 50+ Kar Sevaks, are we justifying the killings of 1000s of Muslims?

There was law to take care of the Godhra Train burning. There is no law whatsoever, for vigilante justice by Hindu radicals backed by the VHP, and Modi supporting it. I punch you, you break my leg, where does it end?
agree with you in the matter of responsibility. but do you know one thing? There is impact and response. we are thinking this thing after 10 years. but at that time when you heard that your innocent love one is burn alive intentionally that was natural response.

here you took name of modi and VHP. please elaborate what to you mean all hindus are VHP activist or only VHP activist involve in riots.?

You can do 2 things either hit back or get beaten and get killed. Choice is yours.

I have seen you post and all other who are blaming for Gujarat 2002 riots to hindus. Why don't you guys have biased vision. If you want to say something about the incident the tell full truth see everything. I haven't seen any comment on the main culprit on train burning. I bat orecle you don't know even his name.

I beg to all the forum user and rest of the citizen of my country. If you don't have guts or don't want to say or see the truth don't open your mouth. In 2002 you guys might be seating in chair with your family munching something and watching Gujarat riots news just like movie and giving you critics now but you guys haven't seen that horror or feeled it. That 2 months changed whole life of people of Gujarat. Now we put that black months behind and like to move on for better life and better future still you guys want to screech our wounds. Its very painful.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles