WHY STUDY LAW ? THE 8 WONDERS OF JUDICIAL WISDOM

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by jackprince, Apr 23, 2016.

1. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

WHY STUDY LAW ? THE 8 WONDERS OF JUDICIAL WISDOM
    Abhijit Dutta

In olden days, people used to tour the world in order to see the 8 wonders of the world. In similar vein, every Indian today should take a tour of the Indian constitution and law in order to catch a glimpse of the 8 wonders of the Indian judicial wisdom. Here is their brief description.
    1. Court keeps Shri Ram Mandir case pending for decades but orders demolishing of road side temples within few sittings and remains silent on selective religous structures on railway stations .
    2. Court recuses from women's entry at Haji Ali but in 3 sittings passes judgement for women's entry at Shani Shingnapur.
    3. Court curbs and controls annual religious processions on Ramnavmi, Hanuman Jayanti, Ganesh Chaturthi but is silent on weekly roads blockages by selective .
    4. Court questions President of India on imposition of President rule, removes it in within a month but gives extensions for one year to 21 MLA's to submit their reply.
    5. Court asks a two year old government why there is no flight from Delhi to Shimla but doesn't question why there is no train to Shimla/northeast/ladakh for the last 67 yrs.
    6. Court questions govt about efforts put to help people in drought hit areas but keeps irrigation scam cases on hold for years.
    7. Court sends pickpocket to jail in 1st hearing but keeps extending hearing of cases involving 2G/Coal scam/Antrix-Devas/National Herald case .
    8. Court opens in midnight to provide "justice" to terrorist but is silent on justice for nationalists languishing on jails for decade without even a chargesheet .

SPECIAL NOTE: Some people think that there are many more such wonders. Others think that some of these are no wonders at all, but can be understood by logic.

Source:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the above note was forwarded to me by one of my friend. I believe the note does sum up perfectly the lack of jurisprudence in our judiciaries - including SC. In recent times the Apex court seem to consider itself the Nawab of India and its minions at High Courts as Satraps! No wonder States have stopped listening to the courts. The very dignity of the courts have been compromised by contradictory behavior of the Courts.

However, I would place this thread for perusal of the @mods @pmaitra @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @sob to decide whether it should be improper to have such a thread in the forum, even though I believe in a democracy courts should not consider themselves above criticism by the people. It is the turning the deaf ears to the criticism that has caused the poor image of the courts today.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2016
  3. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Courts are definitely not above criticism.

4. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Nothing wrong in posting this article. It is wrong not to post a link or reference. Please read the forum rules.

P.S.: I have added the source.

5. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

I did not have the source as it was forwarded as a message by one of my friend w/o the link. I assumed he received it as a note too, and did not search the web for link.

Anyway, thank you for posting the link.

6. OneGrimPilgrim

OneGrimPilgrim Senior Member Senior Member

whr invaders hv been eulogised, heroes binned!!
    the actual Supreme Court room conversation not Faking News. SC judges are really in la la land. These are the cases they have ample time for.