Why muslims are only branded as terrorists?

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by ALBY, Jul 28, 2011.

1. ALBY

ALBY Elite Member Elite Member

If the person who killed 90+ people in Norway was a Muslim, the Press would have declared him as terrorist. For now though, he is just an 'Assailant ', 'Attacker' (Reuters), 'Gunman' (BBC, CNN & Al Jazeera). Looks like 'Terrorist' is a name reserved for Muslims? The US Dept of State calls it an 'Act of Violence', Not an 'Act of Terrorism'. Why this injustice done only to muslims are they not humans?let the world know hypocrisy is leading us all astray....

hit&run likes this.
  3. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

I think its because of the number of incidences, I mean one odd case can't really be considered terrorism whereas in case of Muslims there are thousands of such acts and all have been performed citing religion(a screwed up distortion of religion, more like).

If you remember, the Kashmiri terrorists were called "Freedom Fighters" not so long ago, its all political IMHO, until the West gets affected it does not recognize any act of terror, similarly the people who perpetrated the Beslan School Massacre were referred to as gunmen by the BBC(that was hypocritical too) but 7/7 called was an act of terror.

Its all about perspective, don't loose your sleep over it.

raja696 likes this.
  4. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

Yes the Norway gun man is a terrorist and his ideology is already branded, who does not deny that?

No one says that all Muslims are terrorists. Please dont bring in your self pity why us, why me, why my religion hate game here. You ask yourself why and you will get the answers. However the over whelming majority of bomb blasts and terror attacks are by Muslims.

Once Tamils from Sri-Lanka where viewed with suspicion and fear, same thing is with Muslims of certain regions like Kashmir, Pakistan etc.,

5. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

6. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

^^ What u expected ?

7. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
    ALBY likes this.
  8. ALBY

ALBY Elite Member Elite Member

ijust expressed my concerns after reading those all newspapers which just called him a mere gunman even though it was clear that he is a christian fanatic and thought what if he were a muslim..thats all..and let me make you one thing clear me myself is a christian and as u r guessing am not a muslim propagandist or anything like that...

9. neo29

neo29 Senior Member Senior Member

An ideology among Islamic fanatics has branded muslims as terrorists. There are other organisations like LTTE and IRA who are terrorists but have not again momentum world wide like the way Islamic fundamentalism rose. Thanks to the Holy war in Afghanistan that boosted its rise.

In the end a group of few miscreants gives bad name to entire community/religion. This is just a phase like any other in the history of the world. It will get over just like Hitlers Nazi.

10. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Senior Member Senior Member

Many people call every toothpaste 'Colgate', any washing detergent 'Surf', any bike 'Hero Honda'etc. Keyword is brand value. One who monopolies and make each and every competitor look stupidly timid establishes a Band.

While there were terrorists and there are terrorists, fact remains no one gets even a remotely closer to Jehadi-Terrorism.

pack leader, KS and ALBY like this.
  11. raja696

raja696 Regular Member

all muslims are not terrorists but most of them are.... and I dont deny the fact that terror outfits exist in other religions like recent hindu terror groups. I feel sorry that people are carried away with such ideologies of such terror groups. I believe( pls correct me up to what % I am right) hindu terror outfits developing are just repercussions of muslim terror outfits across the boarder and inbreeding muslim terror outfits inside country for killing innocent people in the name of jihad(holy war:mislead ideology), I see it as counter for jihad(hindu terror: terror for terror). Most other terrorists exist like ltte, wolfa etc, they fight for control or there ideologies. The most pathetic i think muslim and hindu terrorists because they fight for just religion and what written in books and brain wash they undergo in preaching (unbelievable). Thats why these people are worst in the world (bastards)(just for religion misinterpreted word in books [because they see what they want to see in these books ie terror, and remaining people dnt find wrong in them because they understand the context of there reference).

12. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I think it is because the people are shell shocked that there can be a loon other than the Muslim.

Further, the shock is more numbing because of the fear that neo Nazism is back to haunt them once again!

That thought paralyses the Europeans and Americans.

I was banned from an American forum since I refused to agree that the Swastik was an evil sign and I gave them example of the Swastik in holy places of Christianity and also in an Islamic mosque, apart from it being taken as a good luck sign in Hinduism, Buddhism as also in the Chinese traditional religions. I appended my contention with photos!

They fear the return of Nazism immensely.

This man's theories are similar to Nazism in so far as intolerance to others is concerned.

13. Phenom

Phenom Regular Member

Generally the term 'terrorist' is used only when the person is part of a larger group and when he/she uses terror to back up his/her political agenda. The Norwegian gunmen doesn't seam to match either of those.

Remember when one Muslim gunmen went into Fort Hood and shot at the US soldiers, he was also referred as gunmen and not a terrorist, there were even protest against calling him just as a gunmen, so there is no bias against Muslims as far as terminology is concerned.

14. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

It is how propaganda works.

Thousands died in the US in the 9/11 terror attacks, until then if I am not mistaken there was no such use of the term. AQ was the problem and it was identified as AQ only and not as Islamic terror and in not so much of a distant past these very terrorists in the 80’s were strategic assets of the very people who in 2000’s started terming them as terrorists. Till the 90's terrorists in kashmir were freedom fighters for the west because till then india was not of much use nor had the LeT and the likes become much of a headache for the US to term them otherwise, heck till late 90's US and UK were supporting pakistan in dismembering india.

US had to take its revenge and were being challenged on a number of fronts worldwide, an enemy with common identity had to be defined which was out to hurt its interests, AQ was one of the many and not the only, the commonality was the religion of these people, and so came the term “Islamic terror”.

In here it is important to take note of the humongous reach their media has, and coupled with other western media the reach becomes unparalled to any and if they coin a term, the world latches on to it as if it was their own problem, remember how the term “axis of evil” spread or how OBL was to be the biggest terrorist ever no matter that chap would have done no harm to your country, or the famous rhetoric, “you are either with us or against”, so if the western propaganda coins the term "islamic terror" it better be like that for the vast majority of this world.

Just go back a few days, the ghulam fai incident happened, it was basically a part of CIA-ISI tussle and one-upmanship on part of CIA and time to show ISI down, and there was this instant coverage across the western media like a flash, it is how propaganda spreads and that too at a lightening speed.

If tomorrow hindus or Sikhs or Buddhists were to start hurting the US/western interests like the way the muslims have, then yes there will be hindu/sikh/Buddhist terrorists as well.

And no there will be no such thing as christain terrorist ever no matter what. White America and white Europe which is a largely Christian society will never point a finger back to their own religion because no one dirties their own identity also its to be kept as the purest since they use religion as a part of propaganda. They will go that extra mile to make sure that no one even dare points a finger, so if a Christian kills he will never be a terrorist but a criminal, or the terror group will be that group but never the religion christianity and if a christian gets killed anywhere in the world, that will get instant coverage through the western media, but if people of other faiths die the response will depend on interests and conflicting interests.

15. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

Blame pak stan for this..........they make bad name for Muslims around the world. On the contrary Islam is very peaceful and discipline religion..

16. Vyom

Vyom Seeker Elite Member

Google "Norway terrorist".

He is not what the US/UK/BBC etc would choose to call him. He is what he is, a terrorist undoubtedly, may be an insane one, but terrorist nonetheless.

Terrorism (Def): The calculated use of violence (or threat of violence) against civilians in*order*to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear

17. ashicjose

ashicjose Regular Member

kindly check post no.14

18. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

My name is Yusuf, and I am not a terrorist!!!

rahulrds1 likes this.
  19. ashicjose

ashicjose Regular Member

sorry sir i dont wanna hurt anyone please dont take it personaly.

if you think i am wrong please correct me.

20. Blackwater

Well i have heard there is lot of similarity in Islam and Christianity. As i have not read both. I would request our Muslim and christian members to throw light on this

21. Blackwater

Sir i my self has lot of Turkish and Irani friends in Holland. They are the most Wonderfull people i have ever met. It's the Pakistan who create bad name to Islam in the whole world.