Why is Russia Mute on Modi?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
There is a suspicious silence by Moscow on Modi's ascent to power. No congratulatory phone-calls by its leaders, not even a 100-word article on Russia Today website, or 30-second piece on RT television news.
  • Does this confirm Subramanian Swamy's assertion that Sonia was a KGB plant into Indian polity?
  • Is Russia worried that with Modi's pitch for indigenisation of large-scale small-arms manufacturing, and most low-tech military equipment, and with VK Singh (advocate of indigenous development/procurement) winning, Russia's exports to India will not only be starved, but also it could face competition from India in worldwide small-arms market?
  • Does Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu giving Modi a congratulatory call even before the first leads were registered as wins on the 16th, indicate that NDA is preferring Israel to Russia for high-tech equipment imports?

Last edited:

pmaitra

Don't get carried away by RT. RT is aimed as counter propaganda targeted at the audience of BBC and CNN. Russia, moreover, is preoccupied with the west incited Ukro-Nazi supported coup d'etat in Kiev.

The Russians had already hailed Modi's earlier victory and, Murli Manohar Joshi was conferred the Russian "Order of Friendship."

What India needs to do is exploit Russia's tussle with the west, support it politically and economically, and at the same time, try to get Russia to be more involved in setting up infrastructure in India for critical military hardware, with ToT, for things such as turbines, rocket engines, radars, metallurgy, and aviation design, and India should also try to get hold of fissile and conventional fuel sourced from Russia at cheaper costs.

Samar Rathi

Country flag
I was thinking the same but it might be due to Ukraine civil war as their focused is set there.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Modi being pro USA or pro Russia pro China is just a preposterous assessment. He will be as Nehruvian /Panchseel as Congress-I has been but only difference will be his persuasion, assertiveness and execution of the policies he will make.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Don't get carried away by RT. RT is aimed as counter propaganda targeted at the audience of BBC and CNN. Russia, moreover, is preoccupied with the west incited Ukro-Nazi supported coup d'etat in Kiev.
It couldn't have been so pre-occupied as to leave 30 seconds for Indian elections?

The Russians had already hailed Modi's earlier victory
That was in 2012 after Modi won Gujarat VS polls, and before he took up the issue of weapon-systems indigenisation as part of his Lok Sabha campaign.

MM Joshi is from that Advani faction which wanted to see Sushma become the PM, and now wants her to be defence minister as compensation.

What India needs to do is exploit Russia's tussle with the west, support it politically and economically, and at the same time, try to get Russia to be more involved in setting up infrastructure in India for critical military hardware, with ToT, for things such as turbines, rocket engines, radars, metallurgy, and aviation design, and India should also try to get hold of fissile and conventional fuel sourced from Russia at cheaper costs.
Agreed, but this incident (of staying mute on Modi) has shaken my belief in Russia.

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Modi being pro USA or pro Russia pro China is just a preposterous assessment. He will be as Nehruvian /Panchseel as Congress-I has been but only difference will be his persuasion, assertiveness and execution of the policies he will make.
My argument has nothing to do with geopolitical alignment, only weapons-procurement.

Jagdish58

They are very much involved in ukraine now , and yes there might be certain degree of fear on arms lobby where both Modi & Gen Vk singh has asserted the strong policy and push for indigenisation which means russia will loose dear

thethinker

Country flag
Russia on Modi win: People's will expressed

Updated: May 17, 2014 00:31 IST

Russia expressed the hope for further strengthening of close strategic ties with India following BJP's "convincing" election victory.

"We are looking forward to the new government"¦ to maintain intact the course for consolidation of special privileged strategic partnership between our two countries," the Russian Foreign Ministry said.

Moscow said it was glad that the elections in "friendly India" had been marked by "free and active expression of voters' will" and absence of serious violations.

"We are confident that through joint efforts we will achieve steady further development of multi-faceted Russian-Indian ties that rest on a solid basis of mutual trust and shared long-term national interests," the Russian Foreign Ministry said.

peacecracker

When Obama and Cameron can call up Modi, why cant Putin.
Perhaps Russia is seeing India electing fascist party with a tainted leader with charges(although "unproven") as a small step towards a Hindu version of Pakistan on the making? they seems to know, that India is slowly polarizing which BJP rule unfortunately will make it worse.

peacecracker

Are u trolling?
I am serious. not all are Sangh followers, you know. It is like supporters of Hafiz Syed and his JuD in this forums. the true colours of saffron terros is concealed.
Not everyone believes Modi is a miraculous saviour. A fascist party like BJP-RSS gaining power in a secular country must be despised. I know, I will be declared Kufar by the fasicsts. still, a view has to be respected.

Reactions: Neo

peacecracker

You must be an AAPtard.
AAP is 1000 times better than corrupt Congress and fascist BJP. I hope AAP have such successful propagandists and PR campaigns including internet making pro-AAP opinion making like BJP had. but, 5000 crore is a huge money for a small party.

Samar Rathi

Country flag
It's not like Putin is hiding in a war bunker. He could have taken out 5 minutes for a phone call?
Yes he should have but who knows maybe he did privately :?

Wow Great Conspiracy
It is just Halo Congrats one FAILED TERRORIST COUNTRY delivered so They r Our Best Friend :lol:
and Russia not. So it ENEMY STATE good Logic :shocked:
Who says Russia is not our friend but still your friends wishes you best when something good happen for you.

Perhaps Russia is seeing India electing fascist party with a tainted leader with charges(although "unproven") as a small step towards a Hindu version of Pakistan on the making? they seems to know, that India is slowly polarizing which BJP rule unfortunately will make it worse.
I am serious. not all are Sangh followers, you know. It is like supporters of Hafiz Syed and his JuD in this forums. the true colours of saffron terros is concealed.
Not everyone believes Modi is a miraculous saviour. A fascist party like BJP-RSS gaining power in a secular country must be despised. I know, I will be declared Kufar by the fasicsts. still, a view has to be respected.
Try harder mate!

Maybe answer lies with Naxali and Kashmiri Terrorist inside AAP and their hypocrite double faced behaviour.

AAP is 1000 times better than corrupt Congress and fascist BJP. I hope AAP have such successful propagandists and PR campaigns including internet making pro-AAP opinion making like BJP had. but, 5000 crore is a huge money for a small party.
Maybe they should have some credibility first rather than campaign and successful propagandists.They should have ruled Delhi for 5 years to show us what they stand for as we Indians don't trust big talkers with empty promises. We need background check.

If they could have given good and uncorrupted governance in Delhi like Modi did in Gujrat then perhaps you can count my vote in.

thethinker

Country flag
You mention this as if BJP has come to the power for the very first time ever and will "polarize" this country. Who ruled from 1998-2004?

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag

read this and tell me later how there is hindu fascism
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/politics-society/60725-hindu-fascism-crap-not-reality.html

pmaitra

Please stop calling people names derived from the word "retard."

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles