Why Indians are so much obsessed with English Language?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Typical Indian nonsense. No one is saying let us go back to Mauryan age and restore Prakrit( hindi was not there ) but rather that Indians instead of being brown apes of English must have a language of their own for running their country. You belong to that group who when told that Akbar was a foreigner start seeing Indians as invaders from Russia, Jats as scythians and such crap arguments. 7 centuries of foreign slavery has its toll and we see this in India most as no nation was occupied for such a longer period of time by others.
No one is seen as foreigners in India!

Eastman

Country flag
@W SS

राजभाषा

Summary:

(f) "Region A" means the States of Bihar, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh and the Union Territories of Delhi and Andaman and Nicobar Islands;
(g) "Region B" means the States of Gujarat, Maharashtra and Punjab and the Union Territory of Chandigarh, Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli ;
(h) "Region C" means the States and the Union Territories other than those referred to in clauses (f) and (g); (other regions)

Region A Communication should be in Hindi in govt office :creepy:
Region B Ordininarily in Hindi or a hindi translation accopmanied :okay:
Region C communication would be in English :yey:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Typical Indian nonsense. No one is saying let us go back to Mauryan age and restore Prakrit( hindi was not there ) but rather that Indians instead of being brown apes of English must have a language of their own for running their country. You belong to that group who when told that Akbar was a foreigner start seeing Indians as invaders from Russia, Jats as scythians and such crap arguments. 7 centuries of foreign slavery has its toll and we see this in India most as no nation was occupied for such a longer period of time by others.

Typical time-frozen Indian. if I may say, who dwells in antediluvian times and impervious to the changing environment, changing world and changing demands of livelihood!

It is the insecure who feel that by speaking English or wearing clothes that are easier in the working environment of modern times is becoming brown apes!

I can speak a language that would possibly be associated with black apes by your contention. However, that is not how I see it, I see it as another tool to communicate more intelligibly to those who you might classify as black apes!

I belong to the age where one responds to the demand of the times and not be seized with huge insecurity and feel that I am inferior and have lost my Indianess.

I take pride in my Indianess but am not stupid to wear it on my sleeve in a world where to exist I require to be Indian but be an Indian ready to take on he world with the tools that is required to do so and do it even better than them!

And what language do you think is the one we should adopt to be 'Indian'?

India is a massive mix and one wold be damned to accept any language to be the national language!

May I remind you that Bangladesh came into being only because of LANGUAGE!

You want the same to happen to India?

If so, you are no Indian!

You are a mere posing Indian!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Pratap

If Akbar is foreigner, then all Indians are foreigners except the Adibasis.

Adibasi means the original people!

So,. Mr Foreigner, who has given you the right to hector?

Last edited by a moderator:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Jats themselves take pride in their foreign ancestry.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Typical time-frozen Indian. if I may say, who dwells in antediluvian times and impervious to the changing environment, changing world and changing demands of livelihood!

It is the insecure who feel that by speaking English or wearing clothes that are easier in the working environment of modern times is becoming brown apes!

I can speak a language that would possibly be associated with black apes by your contention. However, that is not how I see it, I see it as another tool to communicate more intelligibly to those who you might classify as black apes!

I belong to the age where one responds to the demand of the times and not be seized with huge insecurity and feel that I am inferior and have lost my Indianess.

I take pride in my Indianess but am not stupid to wear it on my sleeve in a world where to exist I require to be Indian but be an Indian ready to take on he world with the tools that is required to do so and do it even better than them!

And what language do you think is the one we should adopt to be 'Indian'?

India is a massive mix and one wold be damned to accept any language to be the national language!

May I remind you that Bangladesh came into being only because of LANGUAGE!

You want the same to happen to India?

If so, you are no Indian!

You are a mere posing Indian!
700 years of foreign slavery must have some effect.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
@Pratap

If Akbar is foreigner, then all Indians are foreigners except the Adibasis.

Adibasi means the original people!

So,. Mr Foreigner, who has given you the right to hector?
Do not comment on things you do not know. The so called " Adibasis " are not more original to many areas than Brahmins are. A brahmin of Assam is certainly more original to Assam than a Bodo " adivasi" . Anyway, if India means equator, you are free to have your beliefs. Your reaction is like that of typical Indian who would call everyone Indian just because some Indians some 4000 years ago mated with western eurasians. Since Bengali itself came to Bengal after 500 AD, these Indians would want us believe that Turkish, English and Persian are as much indigenous to Bengal as Bengali itself. I am genetically 50 percent ASI and hence not a foreigner even by your stupid standards.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
700 years of foreign slavery must have some effect.
Maybe on you and people of your mentality.

Not on me and many others!

I take pride in being an Indian and taking on any adverse comments from any foreigner, that is not justified!

I don't chase shadows or act like Don Quixote tilting at windmills!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Do not comment on things you do not know. The so called " Adibasis " are not more original to many areas than Brahmins are. A brahmin of Assam is certainly more original to Assam than a Bodo " adivasi" . Anyway, if India means equator, you are free to have your beliefs. Your reaction is like that of typical Indian who would call everyone Indian just because some Indians some 4000 years ago mated with western eurasians. Since Bengali itself came to Bengal after 500 AD, these Indians would want us believe that Turkish, English and Persian are as much indigenous to Bengal as Bengali itself. I am genetically 50 percent ASI and hence not a foreigner even by your stupid standards.
Then you have no idea of Assam!

If anyone is stupid then it is you.

Do desist from using expletives when frustration is roaring within you.

Let me educate you on debating:

Using expletives indicates that you have lost the battle on facts!

Further, let us take your statement that adivasis (Bodos) are not the originals of Assam and it is what you call the Brahmans!

Then why are you advocating a language to be taken as Indian, which is confused. Adibashi means original people! And you call it bogus! So, this language is manipulative and mischievous, right?

So, not a good language to be accepted as the sole language to be an Indian, when it wrecks up the idea of what is Indian!

\

Last edited:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
@Mr Roy

So you agree that Turkish is as much indigenous to Bengal as Bengali? English is as much indigenous to Lhasa as Tibetan? Japanese as much indigenous to Singapore as Malay?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes, also call Mohd Tughlaq as Indian .
If we accept you as India, what has Tughlak done not be accept so?

Do tell us if you are an adibhasi or explain as to how we can accept you to have pure genetical DNA to claim that you are the real and true blue Indian!

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
If we accept you as India, what has Tughlak done not be accept so?

Do tell us if you are an adibhasi or explain as to how we can accept you to have pure genetical DNA to claim that you are the real and true blue Indian!
I got your point that India is as much reality as equator, so no quarrels there. Reply to this

So you agree that Turkish is as much indigenous to Bengal as Bengali? English is as much indigenous to Lhasa as Tibetan? Japanese as much indigenous to Singapore as Malay?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Mr Roy

To be what one wants to be is in his mind and not in his ancestry!

There are enough cases of people claiming to be Indians, who were traitors to the Indian cause!

I can say that Haldane was more Indian than many of us.

I have seen him and seen his fierce Indianess too!

He was not born an Indian.

Heard of Sister Nivedita?

She was Irish but in behavior a total Indian or so we are told!

Did not see her personally to authenticate that!

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
To be what one wants to be is in his mind and not in his ancestry!

There are enough cases of people claiming to be Indians, who were traitors to the Indian cause!

I can say that Haldane was more Indian than many of us.

I have seen him and seen his fierce Indianess too!

He was not born an Indian.

Heard of Sister Nivedita?

She was Irish but in behavior a total Indian or so we are told!

Did not see her personally to authenticate that!
Answer my questions. Do you call Turkish and Persian as much Indigenous langauges to Bengal as bengali? I did not talk about Sister Nivedita or Indians being traitors or anything like that.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I got your point that India is as much reality as equator, so no quarrels there. Reply to this
Indian diversity and mix is as much a reality as the equator.

Bengali has many a foreign word beyond Turkish. Heard of the word 'Janla' meaning a window. That is Portuguese.'. Does that make Bengali a vassal language of Portugal and we should throw it out of the window?

There are many foreign words in Bengali and that is why it is a rich language.

Even English has many foreign words to include Indian languages. Why do we say avatar that you use in a forum, when the word should be 'moniker'?

Lhasa had not much of interaction with English and so it was Tibetan. But check the Tibetans in India today, they use English and Hindi while talking Tibetan! A language to be robust and living has to evolve! If you did not know that, it is indeed a sad commentary, though I will not use you low level language to indicate so!

I did not talk about Sister Nivedita or Indians being traitors or anything like that.
That is because you are exposed as the naked Sadhu on the beaches near Sangam during Kumbh Mela!

What I wrote was pertinent to expose your bogus 'national' fervor!

Alright, Goodnight!

Last edited:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Indian diversity and mix is as much a reality as the equator.

Bengali has many a foreign word beyond Turkish. Heard of the word 'Janla' meaning a window. That is Portuguese.'. Does that make Bengali a vassal language of Portugal and we should throw it out of the window?

There are many foreign words in Bengali and that is why it is a rich language.

Even English has many foreign words to include Indian languages. Why do we say avatar that you use in a forum, when the word should be 'moniker'?

Lhasa had not much of interaction with English and so it was Tibetan. But check the Tibetans in India today, they use English and Hindi while talking Tibetan! A language to be robust and living has to evolve! If you did not know that, it is indeed a sad commentary, though I will not use you low level language to indicate so!
Answer my question rather than useless lectures. I did not talk or post about foreign words in Bengali , I simply asked is Turkish langauge as much indigenous to Bengal as Bengali? Is English langauge as much indigenous to Tibet as Tibetan itself? Yes or no, and do not beat about bush this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles