Why Indian members give so much attention to China?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
It's like an Indian musician star were introduced to a Pakistan stage. Her songs are popular and welcome but audience are full of hostility
Nice analogy.

Illusive

Country flag
"With great power comes great responsibility", in case of China its just more and more arrogance. China is more territorial than any other nation today.

DFI is a place where we can discuss threats that India face, internal or international. China is the strongest enemy that India faces.

captonjohn

Country flag
To answer a question why China is unpredictable.
China is living in a state with great uncertainty and insecurity. The same feeling also applies to a lot of Chinese people. We are proud of our past but still fresh about the pains we endured in last century. We are opening to the world with cautious eyes but are lack of trust. We are a rising power but still fragile. We have biggest trade relationship with western countries but still believe the conspiracy behind the door of their containment. It's like an Indian musician star were introduced to a Pakistan stage. Her songs are popular and welcome but audience are full of hostility. She is nervous and worry about her safety and don't know what would be happen next.
That's why our policy is not clear, and unpredictable, and the reason why we and our government are very sensible.
That's not an answer but a simple excuse to cover your mistakes and defending what you are doing is right but fact is fact. History can not be changed and history says that China attacked on India for whatever reason but it was china who attacked on India. Now a days India too facing aggressive border patrolling, consistent border violation by PLA troops so should India attack on china??

It's just an excuse man, having distrust is normal, you don't believe it then it's your matter but for that reason if you are saying we want peace and supplying arms to Pakistan, violating our borders, claiming our lands then how can be any Indian forum would say anything positive? We do not conspire and history says that but you have done this many times, with Tibet, India, Japan, USA etc. When India claim for permanent seat you just oppose it because it will diminish your friend Pakistan and the dream to halt India's growth would be halted. Isn't this a type of arrogance that nobody can be no.1 except me?

Better you give some solid reason instead of funny excuses.

pmaitra

^^

Now I like that. Only if you have a relatively more powerful military, especially if it is a potential threat, it gives you enough motivation, ambition and the sense of urgency and necessity to match that military. PLA fits the bill best!

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Kickok,
I don't think there is anything derogatory in Chicom=Chinese communist. It's not racist or anything.
Depends upon whom you are addressing The Chinese government? The Chinese people? or a Chinese individual....

For example the term Gandhian wont be derogatory term for us unless used to describe our force fighting a war.

My humble request for the members, respect others even if you disagree with them.
Try making 'valid' argument and avoid bashing, which is not funny.

Quote for the post : Darkness cannot drive out darkness only light can do that, hate cannot drive out hate only love can do that.

Arunpillai

There are a number of reasons why indians view Chinese with hostility.
*Border disputes and constant border violation by chinese troop.
*Chinese supporting pakistan economicaly, military and nuclear with the sole aim of countering india.
*Chinese follow to string of pearl strategy to encircle India.
*Chinese vote against us in UN.
I could go on and on..
But the general strategy of Chinese is to make threatening gestures like border violations thereby increasing hostility and at the same time lull us into complacency by stating Hindi-Chini bhai bhai dialogues and economic cooperation mantra, so that we'll lower our gaurd and they can take advantage of our unpreparedness...

agentperry

China this, China that. When you click "What's new", half of the topics here are about China. Almost every thread has comment referring to China. Be it China's internal issue, Chinese military, weapon, or China's relationship with Pakistan, US and other countries etc. It's overwhelming, even a Chinese member like me is surprised about the degree of attention China got.

India friends, I understand your frustration toward China due to our government's relentless support to Pakistan. I can also feel your interest toward China due to the fact that both countries have similar long history, population and are both raising star in world stage. Even though most of your post, comments are negative, I'm still thinking it's a positive sign that more Indian are beginning to learn China, understand her and I wish more and more Chinese member could also join this forum, pay the same amount of attention to India and understand the root cause of why they are frustrated with us. Because when things turns around, we could be the first group of people to shake hands.
man the thing is that people are conditioned to respond in this manner... indian member sees pakistani member say that they have made things on their own while all knows that they have sourced it from your country while they actively make rhetoric comments on indian defense industry that we copy it from russia... so what you feels is exactly what we feels in pakistani forum... the same thin is happening to india and indians. and moreover lack of info fuels prejudice and moreover what you expect from rival- flower shower???

cw2005

One of the reasons is some kind of marketing gimmick from this forum owner.

Since the market is there; (i.e. Indians want to discuss about their neighbors), the forum must be able to provide such topics and to attract Indians coming here.

I think LF is an excellent marketing guru. At least, he has been very good in attracting me to visit this site.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Indian are beginning to learn China, understand her and I wish more and more Chinese member could also join this forum, pay the same amount of attention to India and understand the root cause of why they are frustrated with us. Because when things turns around, we could be the first group of people to shake hands.
it doesn't matter and it won't help to solve anything.

Reactions: nrj

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
bearing in mind that kickock ( kickoff ? ) is usually a polite poster , i would nevertheless observe that the post is an unusually cute post which if i wasnt " sooo friendly" would be better called an "affected" attempt at "friendship" .

the reasons indians including this forum have prc-china on our radar are by now rather obvious and delineated by the members so far and i can only add one more i havent seen so far - that we have a rather long border with them :

even if there hadnt been the infamous conflict of 1962 , still having such a long border would be reason enough
and by the way - they dont accept the LOC as a border - indeed they're not saying where the border is

can there indeed be friendship under such conditions ? the ball has long since been in prc-china's court if they really wanted friendship

instead all they've done is to deepen the mistrust

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
please, people are tired of these cliches......no one betrayed india, china was suffering the worst famine at that time.your govt has been lying to you ,which is why they still refuse to public the profiles

"Defence minister A.K. Antony today ruled out making public the inquiry report compiled by a lieutenant general and a brigadier. "The government does not propose to make public the Henderson Brooks Inquiry Report on the Sino-Indian conflict of 1962. The report is a 'top secret' document, based on an internal study by the Indian Army, contents of which are not only extremely sensitive but are of current operational value," Antony said in a written reply in Parliament today."

"Military historians and researchers have been seeking the de-classification to analyse what went wrong for India. Former British journalist and author, Neville Maxwell, claimed he had summaries of the report. Some of that content went into his book, India's China War, in which he said India's political and military leadership were guilty of persisting with an aggressive border policy that was one of the main reasons for provoking the war."
Our History is compliant with world History, we dont censor UN websites from our country or ban Google, your History and Media is monitored by your closed government, so please dont lecture us on being brain washed, its only countries like North Korea and China who are famous for being brain washed.

Off all the positive points from the start of this thread you choose to troll on the negative side and you wonder why Indians are so negative towards you guys?

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Our History is compliant with world History, we dont censor UN websites from our country or ban Google, your History and Media is monitored by your closed government, so please dont lecture us on being brain washed, its only countries like North Korea and China who are famous for being brain washed.

Off all the positive points from the start of this thread you choose to troll on the negative side and you wonder why Indians are so negative towards you guys?
This is what happens when you spend too much time on PDF, or online in general.

no smoking

Country flag
China this, China that. When you click "What's new", half of the topics here are about China. Almost every thread has comment referring to China. Be it China's internal issue, Chinese military, weapon, or China's relationship with Pakistan, US and other countries etc. It's overwhelming, even a Chinese member like me is surprised about the degree of attention China got.

India friends, I understand your frustration toward China due to our government's relentless support to Pakistan. I can also feel your interest toward China due to the fact that both countries have similar long history, population and are both raising star in world stage. Even though most of your post, comments are negative, I'm still thinking it's a positive sign that more Indian are beginning to learn China, understand her and I wish more and more Chinese member could also join this forum, pay the same amount of attention to India and understand the root cause of why they are frustrated with us. Because when things turns around, we could be the first group of people to shake hands.
Based on my observation in india forum, there is various reasons.
1. Aid to pak is of course one of them.
2. 1962 war. This war itself is nothing, but it is a point where things went differently. Before 1962, india was the star in the world, the leader of developing countries. It was believed to be the third superpower after US and USSR. But suddently, everything was falling apart after 1962. Nobody regarded india as a power outside south asia any more. To many indians, china is the one taking the light away from india. Worst of worse, China started its rising trend almost after that. China got UNSC seat, China became US' ally aginst USSR in cold war, China attracted all the attention and investment from all over the world ( which should have been to india theoreticaly). In one word, China is occuping a position which was believed to be india's by our indian friends.
3. Many indians believe that China doesn't deserve its achievement today. China invaded other countries, China helps evil axes and China steals others' tech. Suprisely, China wasn't punished so far!

To most of indians, the best thing could be with China is: China collapse.
So, they read news about China, write the things about China and make the news about China. They just can't help wondering when is the judge day of China.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
2. 1962 war. This war itself is nothing, but it is a point where things went differently. Before 1962, india was the star in the world, the leader of developing countries. It was believed to be the third superpower after US and USSR. But suddently, everything was falling apart after 1962. Nobody regarded india as a power outside south asia any more. To many indians, china is the one taking the light away from india. Worst of worse, China started its rising trend almost after that. China got UNSC seat, China became US' ally aginst USSR in cold war, China attracted all the attention and investment from all over the world ( which should have been to india theoreticaly). In one word, China is occuping a position which was believed to be india's by our indian friends.
3. Many indians believe that China doesn't deserve its achievement today. China invaded other countries, China helps evil axes and China steals others' tech. Suprisely, China wasn't punished so far!

So, they read news about China, write the things about China and make the news about China. They just can't help wondering when is the judge day of China.
1st point is correct and everything else is BULLSHIT

:bs:

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
A lot to say to say about chinese ...

Things started from the highway that china constructed in aksai chin. Aksai chin is claimed by both india and china and china's aggressive behaviour in aksai chin leading to construction of highway started all.

PLA thinks they are the god in indochina region. They frighten people and workers living in Ladakh and scare them.
They comes one day on bikes with rifles and tell people in ladakh to run, this is china's territory. They write on rocks in ladakh claiming it as china's territory.
This aggressive behaviour is the number 1 cause of viewing china bad.

Recently PLA came near border and told road workers to stop work. What will you feel if Indian army does the same, but we didnt or wont.
If IA were PLA, then you wont see any roads, rails, highways, airbases in chinese side on LAC. PLA can build anything on their side, but IA cant on our side. What the f**k is this?.

China is encircling india by buying srilanka(putting radars close to india, towers, all infra by PLA enginners etc.), pakistan, myanmar, nepal and the last one is indian ocean exploration. Chinese or PLA knows themselves these are not only for good reasons.

China blocked sanctions against a terrorist group that disguises as charity workers who are working day and night to spill indian childrens blood.

China is giving paper visas for Arunachal people and was giving same paper visas to j&k people. Dont surprise china giving paper visa to new delhi residents. Think of indian government giving paper visas to chinese, but we didnt or wont.

How many times chinese hackers intruded indian websites and taken confidential data is a well known figure!.

There are many chinese companies like Huawei that has CCP support is working in india. What are they doing is known to none except PLA and CCP!.

These are enough to picture china's image...

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I don't think that would be a very correct analysis.

India was the leader in the NAM with the troika - Nehru, Nasser and Tito.

The US hated the NAM since it was too moralistic and yet were ready to take assistance without joining any bloc. Being newly independent countries or left leaning in policy, though neutral in statement, more often than not, they supported the USSR line of geostrategic thought.

1962 Conflict did affect the psyche for some time, till the incidents at Nathu La, Chola and Sumdorong Chu where the Chinese were also taught a 'lesson' that the Indian Army was not the same as 1962 and instead could give the Chinese a bloody nose.

Indeed, after 1962, Nehru lost his stature and a concerted effort by the West ensured that he became somewhat irrelevant to the world stature he commanded and with that the clout of the NAM too declined.

China was nowhere in the reckoning since it too lost 'face' during the Chinese military adventure against Vietnam.

However, with the death of Mao, the rise of Deng, who jettisoned Communism for Capitalism, China soared and became an economic power to reckon with given the huge Western infusion of technology, manufacturing and money.

That apart, China in a quiet way under the 'China's Peaceful Rise' propaganda, quietly, through various means ensured that their military grew in matériel and became a formidable force.

India does not hold Chinese ascendancy to be something to be envious about. China deserves every bit of the progress that it has achieved since it has been achieved by the vision of Deng and the hard work of the Chinese people.

What India is concerned about is the unresolved border dispute that 'flares up' occasionally and the claims of China on yet more Indian territory and the Chinese hunger to claim more and more territory around China's neighbourhood to include common seas!

If China collapses, there will be total chaos that will also affect India.

Therefore, India wishes China well and hopes that China show greater responsibility towards the neighbourhood.

Last edited:

Illusive

Country flag
This is what happens when you spend too much time on PDF, or online in general.
Spot on mate, and its not just the Chinese, but everyone. You don't realize it but the hate starts to grow inside of you after seeing the posts(trolls to be real). It affects to different people differently.

For eg- Chinese members have become more hostile in their posts from what they were last year, not just to India but countries like Vietnam too. I don't see that here in Chinese members, maybe because no pakistani influence here.

Forums like that helps create more enemity between members than discussing defence matters.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Spot on mate, and its not just the Chinese, but everyone. You don't realize it but the hate starts to grow inside of you after seeing the posts(trolls to be real). It affects to different people differently.

For eg- Chinese members have become more hostile in their posts from what they were last year, not just to India but countries like Vietnam too. I don't see that here in Chinese members, maybe because no pakistani influence here.

Forums like that helps create more enemity between members than discussing defence matters.
i am not sure if its been observed or not.

chinese across the forums come and go, almost on a similar pattern. if they have to propagate some thing (eg olympics, bullet train, 5g air craft, air craft carrier, etc) they will flock together and they will make posts after posts on that, once they are done, they move out.

then they will make pointed posts against india if the things have heated up diplomatically or if indians put a stop to issuing visas to their workers, or if their compaines are not allowed in india, and once that gets sorted out, they all, quite literally disappear, other than a few.

there is a pattern to be followed, and if that is true there is no doubt they are a part of the propaganda machinery of the CCP.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles