Why India deploys so many troops in Assam and Arunchal Pradesh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DivineHeretic

Country flag
China has indeed made its infrastructure strong and something India needs to pay attention on its side of the border.

But China does have 3:1 numerical advantage for now.
The 3:1 superiority requirement is for conventional military tactics, that too in the plains only. Gen Rommel with his Blitzkrieg through the French countryside and later in the African desert already disproved this logic, by using superior tactics to outflank the opponents, despite having near parity in men and equipment.

PS: All things being equal, military planners prefer a numerical superiority of 10:1 or even 15:1 in mountaineous regions to improve the odds enough in their favour. Anything less, and commanders prefer not to undertake offensive campaigns in such regions.

badguy2000

Respected Member
China has indeed made its infrastructure strong and something India needs to pay attention on its side of the border.

But China does have 3:1 numerical advantage for now.
In fact beside sini~india border,india troops have 5:1 numerical advantage on chinese troops. Pla overcomes indian numerical advantage with better mobilization and better arms

prakashbioc

In fact beside sini~india border,india troops have 5:1 numerical advantage on chinese troops. Pla overcomes indian numerical advantage with better mobilization and better arms

Indians don't believe Chinese propaganda and psychological war

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
By having 5 brigades in the whole Tibet area? Right....:rolleyes:
We will bring entire army in Arunachal & Assam if need be.

Chinis are no one to advice how many Army personal we should keep in our own land.

ice berg

We will bring entire army in Arunachal & Assam if need be.

Chinis are no one to advice how many Army personal we should keep in our own land.
Chinis dont advice how many personals indis should have. They just point out indian double standards.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Chinis dont advice how many personals indis should have. They just point out indian double standards.
Protecting our land against expansionist intruders is double standard?

They teach everything totally different in China, right?

mikhail

Country flag
Why India deploys so many troops in Assam and Arunchal Pradesh ? while PLA deploys only 2 brigades in Tibet???

some chinese disucssed it in CD, one famous CHinese military forum....

here is some discusssion,which is translated into english
我军在西藏才2个步兵旅,印度干嘛在藏南和奶茶邦布置那么多部队?-陆军版-超级大本营军事论坛-最具影响力军事论坛 -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
SCZ3: our PLA deploys only 2 brigades and several regiments in Tibet,which is 1M+ square KM large . Why India deploys soo many troops in Souther Tibet(AP) and Asam???

WTZOO: Tibet belongs to Chengdu MR and Lanzhou MR. Asam is not a good place for defence.....which can be easily isolated by cutting Siliguri corridor.

tourist1: Tibet is a highland and next to the capital of India...so we Chinese troops are on offensive position while indian troops are on defensive position....so they indians have to deploy more troops

Templar9705: In 1962,indians were crushed by only one PLA grade B corp...so indians still are impressed by the defeat... Besides, Assam is not a good place for defence indeed.
mate i must say that you chinis are very naive when it comes to the outside world!do most of you even know about the Siliguri corridor or the state in which its located!you must be extremely naive to think that a PLA airborne force can just cut off the corridor as the corridor is located well within India.so in the most likely scenario your force will be obliterated within a single day as there is absolutely no chance to maintain a supply chain at that area.
beside the Bengali populace in that area will literally tear your forces apart all by themselves as we Bengalis have a serious reputation in guerrilla warfare(heck we didn't even spare the mighty brits and forced them to shift their capital to Delhi and you think your PLA has even got a chance of fighting against them)!
so by the end of the day your PLA will probably loose their entire airborne corp who will either surrender to us or will be butchered by the common people:cool2:.

ice berg

Protecting our land against expansionist intruders is double standard?

They teach everything totally different in China, right?
Yah, that was what you said in 62 too, before you put forward bases. And when you outnumber your opponent 10 to 1, it is not the other guy who is expansionist.

I wouldnt know, I didnt receive my education in China. What is your excuse?:rolleyes:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Yah, that was what you said in 62 too, before you put forward bases. And when you outnumber your opponent 10 to 1, it is not the other guy who is expansionist.

I wouldnt know, I didnt receive my education in China. What is your excuse?:rolleyes:
You are welcome to try again.

Other guy is expansionist since he is the one claiming territory outside, not us.

Arunachal is integral part of India & we will put whatever we want there, live with that.

ice berg

Other guy is expansionist since he is the one claiming territory outside, not us.

Arunachal is integral part of India & we will put whatever we want there, live with that.
Status quo suits China just fine.

Ehh, India claims territory outside too(Aksai Chin Kashmir etc). Dont you read ToI?

Then stop bitching about how China builds infrastracture in Tibet then. Why the double standard.

badguy2000

Respected Member

At least,tawang belonged to tibet for hundreds of years ,before indian troops drove off tibetab administration during 1945~1950.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
India deploys troops on the border and Assam, Arunachal are border states.

Something unusual?

More so, when hegemonic countries abound the periphery?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
At least,tawang belonged to tibet for hundreds of years ,before indian troops drove off tibetab administration during 1945~1950.
Tibet did not repudiate the Simla Accord and the McMahon Line

And India does not recognise the invaders of Tibet to be the spokesmen of Tibet.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

What difference will it make if you got your education in Timbuctoo?

Keep to the issue and be relevant.

Though one clearly sees that you trot out glibly the CCP points of view so lucidly and you claim you were educated in some country that is better than China!

Do you feel Chinese education is totally third rate?

The Chinese posters write about the education in China being superb.and you are the only one who seem to think it is third rate.

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Status quo suits China just fine.

Ehh, India claims territory outside too(Aksai Chin Kashmir etc). Dont you read ToI?

Then stop bitching about how China builds infrastracture in Tibet then. Why the double standard.
:facepalm: :facepalm:

You are literally too ignorant to have a conversation.

India recognizes Tibet as integral part of China.

LAC is maintained in Aksai Chin. And India is committed to reciprocity as and when China moves away from agreement.

I don't know why you guys are getting jitters over India deploying forces in Arunachal Pradesh. Get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles