Why India and China not happy with each other and how could we settle it?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
The damage that China has caused to India through its proxy Pakistan is not quantifiable and trumps all the grievances that China has against India. So, we need to damage China as much as possible for its follies against India, be it through supplying force multipliers to other enemies of China (Vietnam, Japan, Taiwan, SK etc) or by supporting the Tibetan/Xinjiang/Taiwan cause at international fora or any other means possible. As long CCP is at helm, nothing good will come to India in terms of security, economy or development. We should always be wary of Chinese motives. If I were GoI, I would keep them at arms length.

kickok1975

The damage that China has caused to India through its proxy Pakistan is not quantifiable and trumps all the grievances that China has against India. So, we need to damage China as much as possible for its follies against India, be it through supplying force multipliers to other enemies of China (Vietnam, Japan, Taiwan, SK etc) or by supporting the Tibetan/Xinjiang/Taiwan cause at international fora or any other means possible. As long CCP is at helm, nothing good will come to India in terms of security, economy or development. We should always be wary of Chinese motives. If I were GoI, I would keep them at arms length.
Don't blame China for everything Pakistan did to India, you should blame USA as well, why China only? US has been given Pakistan billions of dollars since cold war and used Pakistan to contain India when India was a close ally to Soviet Union. Also majority of Pakistan's terrorist, Jihad including Bin Laden were originally trained by CIA during the Soviet-Afgan war. Just think about who is ultimately responsible for India's misery and what is root cause for India-Pakistan's chronical struggle since 1948. It doesn't help to solve problem to keep your resentful mentality and demonlize China for all your sorrows.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Don't blame China for everything Pakistan did to India, you should blame USA as well, why China only? US has been given Pakistan billions of dollars since cold war and used Pakistan to contain India when India was a close ally to Soviet Union. Also majority of Pakistan's terrorist, Jihad including Bin Laden were originally trained by CIA during the Soviet-Afgan war.
The yanks are also blamed but that doesn't mean china's hands are clean.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Don't blame China for everything Pakistan did to India, you should blame USA as well, why China only? US has been given Pakistan billions of dollars since cold war and used Pakistan to contain India when India was a close ally to Soviet Union. Also majority of Pakistan's terrorist, Jihad including Bin Laden were originally trained by CIA during the Soviet-Afgan war. Think about who is ultimately responsible for India's misery and what is root cause for India-Pakistan's chronical struggle since 1948. It doesn't help to solve problem to keep your resentful mentality and demonlize China for all your sorrows.
Of course US also needs to be blamed for propping up Pakistan against India among others (USSR). And now US is paying the price for supporting the Pak. And China will also pay the price for propping up Pakistan by supplying nukes, missiles and what not. It's called -"you reap what you sow". Xinjiang anyone?. :)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
then we would give the same to people in assam nagaland and evry1 of ur 7 sister state the same...plus khalistan and kashimir or naxal insurgency maybe??? to defend themselves.......
And what will be the result ?

We will retaliate with other issues in our internal affairs ?

Also the confusion you have regarding SFF is wrong and you dont understand its purpose..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Both Great Asian Nation Might Of Asia are divided, I blame Brits mainly for this issue, Divided Asia is in best interest of those who dont want prosperity in Asia..

India and China have good relation except border dispute, Many on other sides never want to see India having good relation with China..

The difference will be gone once those who see solutions on other side..

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Both Great Asian Nation Might Of Asia are divided, I blame Brits mainly for this issue, Divided Asia is in best interest of those who dont want prosperity in Asia..

India and China have good relation except border dispute, Many on other sides never want to see India having good relation with China..

The difference will be gone once those who see solutions on other side..
Solving this stupid, pointless border dispute once and for all should be a top priority for the GoI.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Solving this stupid, pointless border dispute once and for all should be a top priority for the GoI.
Impossible since china changes its tune continuously.

The ball is squarely in china court to mend ways with India not the other way around.

kickok1975

I agree. Sino-India border is the last un-resolved land dispute China has with her neighbors. We should resume bilateral meeting ASAP. My suggestion, stay where we are, call it even or exchange some land based on mutual agreement.

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Impossible since china changes its tune continuously.

The ball is squarely in china court to mend ways with India not the other way around.
I think there is a need to be more assertive in this field (note: assertiveness and aggressiveness are not the same thing). The Army should step up patrols and ensure that no cross-border intrusions take place. Raise a hue on the international level and make it clear that we intend to find a solution as quickly as possible.

The PRC will not take India seriously if we are not committed and assertive in regards to border security. In that respect there is some onus on India as well, as we cannot expect powerful countries like China to listen to our solutions when we lack the will to seriously pursue and enforce them.

I agree. Sino-India border is the last un-resolved land dispute China has with her neighbors. We should resume bilateral meeting ASAP. My suggestion, stay where we are, call it even or exchange some land based on mutual agreement.
Yes, I would be perfectly fine with making the LAC (Line of Actual Control) the official, undisputed border. There is no strategic territory on either side of the LAC, so neither side will win or lose.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Don't blame China for everything Pakistan did to India, you should blame USA as well, why China only? US has been given Pakistan billions of dollars since cold war and used Pakistan to contain India when India was a close ally to Soviet Union. Also majority of Pakistan's terrorist, Jihad including Bin Laden were originally trained by CIA during the Soviet-Afgan war. Just think about who is ultimately responsible for India's misery and what is root cause for India-Pakistan's chronical struggle since 1948. It doesn't help to solve problem to keep your resentful mentality and demonlize China for all your sorrows.
US didn't donate nuke designs to Pakistan, China did. After becoming a nuclear country, Pakistan has grown even bolder, because it's Chinese supplied nukes allow it to deter Indian military action. As a result, since 1999, Pakistan has invaded India in Kargil, carried out terrorist attacks against the Indian Parliament, Akshardham, several bomb blasts in major Indian cities and finally the Mumbai attack in 2008.

The responsibility for all this terror and mayhem lies equally at the door of China as it does on Pakistan. You fed the mad dog with nukes, and as a result, the dog kept attacking India. This was the intent and design of the Chinese, your government knew that a strong India would compete with China for the leadership of Asia and eventually the world, hence they maliciously and intentionally armed Pakistan to keep India bogged down.

US is also to blame for selling conventional arms to Pak, but conventional arms don't possess any threat to India. Pak would never have dared to carry out attacks against India on the basis of conventional arms alone, because it knows that India's response would have erased Pak from the map of the world.

China is lucky that the Indian government is corrupt, incompetent and pacifist. But we hope that a future nationalist Indian government provides nukes to Vietnam, Taiwan, Mongolia, and all of China's enemies to pay you back in the same coin.

Last edited:

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
well in one side all know what are the original interests of china in setting up ports, roads, other big infra around india. It is true that china blocked some indian favouring principles in UN. Also the hard work they are doing in PoK and their aggression to Indian road builders in Demchok were all recent things. News of Chinese hackers intruded indian govt sites are also well known. I will never say china has no strategic interests in encircling india.

China is converting srilanka into a chinese controlled country simply. They together have setup radars, towers that can detect any activity in south india. We all know what are they originally for...

By doing all this china is itself making it a ferocious or aggressive dragon in minds of world people. So china cant blame others for doubting them...They themselves know the reasons for people doubting china.

The recent suspicious activity around india by china i came to know is this...china might say we have our own interests or we are not doing anything in indian territory, but what it will do in dark is known only to china..

China Wins Approval to Explore Indian Ocean
Posted on Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Aug. 3 – China's application to undertake deep-sea mineral exploration activities in the southwestern Indian Ocean has been approved by the International Sea-bed Authority (ISA), giving China exclusive rights to explore polymetallic sulphide ore and priority mining rights for future development programs.

"The [ISA] approved the application from the China Ocean Mineral Resources Research and Development Association (COMRA) to explore an area of the ridge for 15 years, covering about 10,000 square kilometers, on July 22," Wang Fei, deputy director general of China's State Oceanic Administration and president of COMRA, said on Tuesday during a press conference.

China's approval for conducting exploration activities in the Southwest Indian Ridge is the country's second such area with exclusive rights, following the 75,000 square kilometer polymetallic nodule ore deposit in the east Pacific Ocean, which was licensed in 2001, according to COMRA's Secretary General Jin Jiancai.

On August 1, China's manned deep-sea submersible, the Jiaolong, successfully completed its fifth dive in the polymetallic nodule ore area in the east Pacific Ocean, with a maximum diving depth of 5,188 meters.

"[The sea-bed exploration activities] will be conducive to improving scientific knowledge of deep sea resources and effectively protecting the sea-bed environment," Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ma Zhaoxu told reporters at a press conference on Tuesday. "According to the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea, international sea-bed areas and their resources are the commonly inherited property of mankind."

China has been granted the right to explore the area in red for mineral deposits.

India, however, has become highly alarmed by this development, fearing that Beijing may use the exploration permit granted by the ISA as an excuse to operate their warships in the Indian Ocean – an area seen in India as clearly within its sphere of influence. Reports in India say that the country's Directorate of Naval Intelligence has given a warning note to related defense departments.

Furthermore, although China has claimed that Jiaolong will be for civilian purposes only, foreign military experts say such a craft could potentially be used to intercept or sever undersea communications cables, to retrieve foreign weaponry on the ocean floor, or to repair or rescue naval submarines.

China Wins Approval to Explore Indian Ocean | 2point6billion.com - Foreign Direct Investment in Asia
So china also should do something big to change their face from the above things, if it sincerely wants india's favour...

kickok1975

US didn't donate nuke designs to Pakistan, China did. After becoming a nuclear country, Pakistan has grown even bolder, because it's Chinese supplied nukes allow it to deter Indian military action. As a result, since 1999, Pakistan has invaded India in Kargil, carried out terrorist attacks against the Indian Parliament, Akshardham, several bomb blasts in major Indian cities and finally the Mumbai attack in 2008.

The responsibility for all this terror and mayhem lies equally at the door of China as it does on Pakistan. You fed the mad dog with nukes, and as a result, the dog kept attacking India. This was the intent and design of the Chinese, your government knew that a strong India would compete with China for the leadership of Asia and eventually the world, hence they maliciously and intentionally armed Pakistan to keep India bogged down.

US is also to blame for selling conventional arms to Pak, but conventional arms don't possess any threat to India. Pak would never have dared to carry out attacks against India on the basis of conventional arms alone, because it knows that India's response would have erased Pak from the map of the world.

China is lucky that the Indian government is corrupt, incompetent and pacifist. But we hope that a future nationalist Indian government provides nukes to Vietnam, Taiwan, Mongolia, and all of China's enemies to pay you back in the same coin.
I don't know if China gave Nuclear design to Pakistan or not. But if India, North Korea, Iran and many other countries can develop Nuclear weapon by themselves, I don't know why Pakistan can't do it. In fact, Pakistan's nuclear project was probably triggered by India's nuclear ambition. Pakistan fears that India's advantage over Pakistan would become overwhelming considering India is a much stronger nation in term of economy, population and conventional force.

Pakistan had several conventional wars with India before they have nuclear weapon. Holding nuclear weapon is not reason that Pakistan terrorist dare to attack India, they will attack India regardless, nothing even US can prevent them from attacking. They probably want to attack India more knowing both countries hold Nukes and drag them into war will be huge victory for Islam extremism.

Like it or not, the world is in fact more peaceful after nuclear weapon is introduced and human's fate is at stake if a nuclear war break. However, how to prevent extremist occupy Nuclear bomb is still a big concern not only for India, but for China.

Last edited:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
1 i dont know the numbers.....maybe no chinese actually cares to know....or maybe RAW can tell us??

2 if they wanna come back they r welcomed. i m sorry some of them were treated unfairly as a result of the govs mistakes like the culture revolution etc but they should accept the fact that tibet is a part of china...nothing can change this.......if they want a separet tibet then stay in india for the dream........
Your cultural revolution, your military intervention, your mistreatment of Tibet, your exploitation their lands.....oh the earth is so blessed that Han Chinese are not so evil.
Your cunning sorry doesn't make difference to the world.
Tell your policy makers to stop blaming others, and not to use Tibetans as boogeyman and as land snatching excuses.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I don't know if China gave Nuclear design to Pakistan or not.
Ignorance is no excuse. Considering that you obviously have access to the internet, and hopefully your government has not censored those thousands of webpages documenting the Chinese-Pakistani nuclear nexus, it should not be hard for you to do some research and get the right information. Not only did China provide Pakistan with nuke designs, your govt also tested a nuclear weapon for Pak in 1980.

But if India, North Korea, Iran and many other countries can develop Nuclear weapon by themselves, I don't know why Pakistan can't do it. In fact, Pakistan's nuclear project was probably triggered by India's nuclear ambition. Pakistan fears that India's advantage over Pakistan would become overwhelming considering India is a much stronger nation in term of economy, population and conventional force.

Pakistan had several conventional wars with India before they have nuclear weapon. Holding nuclear weapon is not reason that Pakistan terrorist dare to attack India, they will attack India regardless, nothing even US can prevent them from attacking. They probably want to attack India more knowing both countries hold Nukes and drag them into war will be huge victory for Islam extremism.

Like it or not, the world is in fact more peaceful after nuclear weapon is introduced and human's fate is at stake if a nuclear war break. However, how to prevent extremist occupy Nuclear bomb is still a big concern not only for India, but for China.
You have to make up your mind. If you feel that the world has become more peaceful after nuclear weapons have introduced, and you don't know why Pakistan should not have nukes, then by that logic, obviously every country should have nukes. Why just Pakistan or India or China? So should Vietnam, Japan, Mongolia, North Korea, Somalia, Afghanistan etc. So China should have no right to feel offended if India gives nukes to these countries.

If on the other hand, you think extremists should not have nukes, then obviously states with extremist ideologies should also not have nukes. So countries like Pakistan, Iran or Libya, which are warmongering religious nutcases, should also be barred from having nukes.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Tianshan

i think it is impossible to convince them, luckily the status quo is favorable for us.

maybe indians can ask themselves, if they did not host tibet exile govt, and did not forward policy on to chinese land, would china and pakistan be such good friend after 1960's?

action lead to reaction

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
^^A border dispute and providing shelter to a non-violent Buddhist monk hardly constitute grounds for nuclear proliferation. That's shows how irresponsible your dictatorial government is, and how its ridiculous claims have been easily digested by common Chinese like you who were fed decades of propaganda. I feel sorry that you actually buy these claims, and if all Chinese citizens are you, I certainly see no hope for any sort of friendship between India and China.

If the Dalai Lama had stayed back in Tibet, he would probably have been executed along with all his ministers and relatives during the Cultural Revolution. The day the common Chinese realize the crimes that the CCP have committed against you and demand justice will be the day the Dalai Lama can return home to Tibet.

India is no client state of anyone, and we still have the compassion and common sense to see that the Dalai Lama poses no threat to the government of China. He is a religious leader, and a political refugee, who has always advocated Tibetan autonomy within the Chinese constitution, not Tibetan independence. To hand him over to be imprisoned, tortured or killed by the Chinese government will be against all that India stands for.

Tianshan

how easily you forget that i also said forward policy

host tibet exile govt, and forward policy leads to sino-indian war

next time you ask why china arms pakistan, ask yourself why we did not arm them before 1960s

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
So since when does a border dispute become grounds for nuclear proliferation? This is also nonsense. USSR and China also had border dispute, and you fought wars with each other, but did USSR provide nukes to Vietnam or Mongolia? Did China provide nukes to USSR's enemies? China has border disputes with almost all its neighbours, from Vietnam and Philippines to Korea and even Japan.

So why did China proliferate nukes to Pakistan only? No, the proliferation did not take place because of either the forward policy nor because of the Dalai Lama. It took place because Mao thought Nehru was a western stooge, and that Indian democracy was a challenge to Mao's authoritarian vision of China. Mao and his ministers thought that a democratic India was a threat to a Chinese communist dominated Asia, hence they did what they did. There's ample evidence to support my contention.

As for why China didn't proliferate before 1960, China did have any nukes to proliferate before 1960. Your first nuclear test was at Lop Nor in 1964. So please drop the act, Indians aren't fools.

kickok1975

^^A border dispute and providing shelter to a non-violent Buddhist monk hardly constitute grounds for nuclear proliferation. That's shows how irresponsible your dictatorial government is, and how its ridiculous claims have been easily digested by common Chinese like you who were fed decades of propaganda. I feel sorry that you actually buy these claims, and if all Chinese citizens are you, I certainly see no hope for any sort of friendship between India and China.

If the Dalai Lama had stayed back in Tibet, he would probably have been executed along with all his ministers and relatives during the Cultural Revolution. The day the common Chinese realize the crimes that the CCP have committed against you and demand justice will be the day the Dalai Lama can return home to Tibet.

India is no client state of anyone, and we still have the compassion and common sense to see that the Dalai Lama poses no threat to the government of China. He is a religious leader, and a political refugee, who has always advocated Tibetan autonomy within the Chinese constitution, not Tibetan independence. To hand him over to be imprisoned, tortured or killed by the Chinese government will be against all that India stands for.
I can tell from your comments that you certainly stereotype China based on some of your own false propaganda received. How ironical when somebody accuses other as brainwashed when he is actual the victim. We are neither ignorant nor under-educated. I and millions more overseas Chinese have full access to Internet and I believe over 400 million Chinese frequently use internet now, even though their net often restricted by some sensible political topics. We know a lot of the world outside and if you have chance to visit China, you would be surprised to find their knowledge about other countries and the freedom they already have.
However, you can continue treat China as an evil communist country and ignore all the progress happened in last 30 years and still live in your imaginable world. China and India will continue to interact and we will find solution nevertheless to solve problem between us.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles