Why does the Army act so CRUEL?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Before they were fired on, civilians made barriers of bicycle racks which trapped PLA BMPs and civilians threw Molotov cocktails at vehicles, incinerating the PLA soldiers inside.
In a similiar vein, indian army is greeted with biryanis and halwas by the kashmiris:lol:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Hypocrites like you who call KEIVE neo-nazi thugs as good people and pro-russian agitators as terrorist:wave: and china university students who died in streets as armed thugs should not be tolerated.Any how Like I said I dont encourage trolls any hyp·o·crite like you,
Ah, behold the newly minted DFIndian, complete with baseless personal attacks and fabricated accusations.

...city residents, some of whom attacked soldiers with sticks, rocks and molotov cocktails, setting fire to military vehicles. The Chinese government and its supporters have attempted to argue that the troops acted in self-defense and seized upon troop casualties to justify the use of force. There were reports of soldiers being burned alive on the street and others were beaten to death.
Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I stayed up all night June 3, 1989 watching TV (CNN, I believe) coverage and saw what I described earlier. PLA BMDs (or their equivalent) were firebombed by the mob and the crews died.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
massacre | Peace and Freedom

Yet today, 25 years later, there is no trace of what happened at apartment block 27 on Fuxingmenwai Boulevard. The holes caused by ricochets, one of which killed the son of a senior government official in a nearby building, have been plastered up. There are no memorial plaques.

Residents in the building have been struck by the same collective amnesia that surrounds all the Communist party taboos, from the Great Famine through to the madness of the Cultural Revolution.

"1989, 1989, no, I can't remember anything that happened here in 1989," said one old lady with a perm. "My recollection is not clear," said a man in his early 50s, with a steely look.

From eye witness accounts of the time, however, it is hard to imagine how anyone living in the area could not have seen anything that day. By the time Jiang Jielian reached Muxidi Bridge, he was part of a human wall of tens of thousands of people, which the soldiers' tear gas and rubber bullets had failed to disperse.

Under a hail of rocks, the soldiers fired warning shots in the air before firing their AK47s directly into the crowd. Trapped by roadblocks they themselves had set up to keep the troops at bay, many of the protesters were trampled in a stampede to escape. It was pointless bloodshed, born though as much through accident as design. "The troops were not trained for the task," wrote Timothy Brook in his book, Quelling the People. "Most were rural boys who had never walked through a city, let alone rehearsed combat in one."

The security forces were also short of rations, trucks, and functioning radios, while what riot equipment they had they were not trained to use properly. Riot squads fired tear gas that blew back into their faces. Units came in at the wrong times and places, stumbled over each other, resulting in military casualties. By the time they reached Muxidi bridge, their frustration and anger had boiled over.

"Some soldiers who were hit by rocks lost their self control and began firing wildly at anyone who shouted 'Fascists!' or threw rocks and bricks," said the Chinese State Security ministry report that was subsequently leaked. "At least a hundred citizens and students fell to the ground in pools of blood."
That was what I learned from observing the TV coverage, that lack of training caused greater casualties.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
We now have conclusive and overwhelming documentation that the events in Beijing in 1989 were very different from those reported in the Western press. Not only that, we have substantial evidence that the Chinese Government's version of these events had been true all along...

An additional fact is that there was a third group present that to my knowledge has never been clearly identified but which consisted of neither students nor workers.

"Thugs" or "anarchists" might be an appropriate adjective, but adjectives don't help the identification.

To deal with this problem, the government sent in busloads of troops, accompanied by a few APCs – armored personnel carriers, to clear the barricades and re-open the streets to traffic.

The violence began when this third group decided to attack the soldiers. They were apparently well-prepared, having come armed with Molotov cocktails, and torched several dozen buses – with the soldiers still inside.

They also torched the APCs. You can see the photos. There were many more.

http://nsnbc.me/2013/04/29/lets-tal...-1989-my-hearsay-is-better-than-your-hearsay/

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It a real displeasure to smell your inferiority and false guild in every post ..

FACT : China archive this by replacing indigenous population by its own from mainland, There culture is being abolished from most part of tibet, Original Tibetan are quarantine is specific zones under heavy Policing ( Armed Police with Armored vehicle ) ..

FACT : In Kashmir, Radical groups killed Indeginious Population of Kashmiri panditis / Hindu and Sikh, They also committed mass rape and murder of Kashmiri villagers of all kinds, The same people are being encouraged and work for local political parties, Human right and terrorism are being politicized against our troopers ..

If you keep getting such knee jerking rants and post, Will take measure accordingly .

=====================

If you are so much hated being an Indian, Change your flag here at-least if not citizenship yet, We will be glad ..

All this can not change that Tibet and Xinjiang are well developed than Kashmir and Manipur. The thousands who are executed are all guilty of some crimes and are mostly Han Chinese.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
All this can not change that Tibet and Xinjiang are well developed than Kashmir and Manipur. The thousands who are executed are all guilty of some crimes and are mostly Han Chinese.
Are you are remnant from the days of the Opium War and have not been able to kick the habit inspie of the good work of Mao?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles