Why do people on this forum have atrocius grammar?

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I keep seeing people confusing their and there, putting it's instead of its, and other rudimentary errors. I know english isn't your first language, but try harder.
atrocious ****

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Your statement is grammatically incorrect. You said, "I keep seeing people confusing their and there, putting it's instead of its, and other rudimentary errors".

The sentence ought to be: "I keep seeing people confusing their and there, putting it's instead of its, and making other rudimentary errors".

You will not be able to crack the GMAT if you don't comprehend these obscure rules of grammar.

But then, I agree with SGU that we don't need grammar Nazis on this forum. :thumb:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
I keep seeing people confusing "their" and "there", putting "it's" instead of "its", and making other rudimentary errors. I know English isn't your first language, but try harder.
Atrocious!
There you go! :)

Also, either use "I see people confusing" or "I keep seeing people confuse", not "I keep seeing people confusing"

:yey: :yey:

Last edited:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Your statement is grammatically incorrect. You said, "I keep seeing people confusing their and there, putting it's instead of its, and other rudimentary errors".

The sentence ought to be: "I keep seeing people confusing their and there, putting it's instead of its, and making other rudimentary errors".

You will not be able to crack the GMAT if you don't comprehend these obscure rules of grammar.

But then, I agree with SGU that we don't need grammar Nazis on this forum. :thumb:
I'm planning on writing the LSAT. I'm practicing in the 175- 180 range on the practice tests. I don't know if LSAT is considered more difficult than the GMAT, but I've always had a knack for standardized tests.
Apparently I also have a knack for making a fool of myself, at least on this forum. Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Blackwater

emotions has no language:taunt1::taunt1::taunt1:

2ndly, typing from ipad or smart phone also result in typing mistake:rolleyes::rolleyes:

nirranj

Country flag
Grammar or no grammar.

I asked someone, "Please, some water" and the person gave me a bottle of water. Case closed.

t_co

I'm planning on writing the LSAT. I'm practicing in the 175- 180 range on the practice tests. I don't know if LSAT is considered more difficult than the GMAT, but I've always had a knack for standardized tests.
Apparently I also have a knack for making a fool of myself, at least on this forum. Jesus Christ.
175-180 on the LSAT? I don't believe you.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
175-180 on the LSAT? I don't believe you.
That is your call. I have what I call the ability to see the essence of arguments and their underlying assumptions. The Logical Reasoning section has always been my strong point. I started off with -2/LR section but now I am getting -2 or less in total. Reading comprehension comes easy to me. I've been practicing the most for Logical Games and this is the most learnable section, so I have improved a lot.

To be honest, 180 is rare. Mostly my scores hover around 175.

pmaitra

There you go! :)

Also, either use "I see people confusing" or "I keep seeing people confuse", not "I keep seeing people confusing"

:yey: :yey:
Still errors remain. Every single quoted word should have been, (1) quoted with single quotes, and (2) the closing quotes should not have separated the word from the following punctuation.

:D

t_co

That is your call. I have what I call the ability to see the essence of arguments and their underlying assumptions. The Logical Reasoning section has always been my strong point. I started off with -2/LR section but now I am getting -2 or less in total. Reading comprehension comes easy to me. I've been practicing the most for Logical Games and this is the most learnable section, so I have improved a lot.

To be honest, 180 is rare. Mostly my scores hover around 175.
175 is the top 1/2 of a percent of LSAT test takers.

pmaitra

Still errors remain. Every single quoted word should have been, (1) quoted with single quotes, and (2) the closing quotes should not have separated the word from the following punctuation.

:D
@arnabmit, I have to admit, I did make an error in my comment, and I offer my apologies. You may use double quotes to quote those words from another person's speech, or you may use single quotes to highlight those words. Both are correct, and you were not wrong.

Regarding ordering of the closing quotes and the punctuations, however, you are still wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

English ..:hmm:

I have an Different Story of My English Knowledge

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I thought it was directed at me, but lol it's a suicidal thread :D My English is even more weak, how about saying it like this "I often see people getting confused..." :D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles