Why do Indians call our country India instead of Bharat when speaking.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Re: Why do Indians call our country India instead of Bharat when speak

You know English itself is a hybrid language with mixture of French and German?

Mind your language: German linguists oppose influx of English words | World news | The Guardian

Read this article and you realize Germans are trying to protect their language, do we have similar movements in India to protect Indian languages? No.

You know European Military's have their ranks in their own name? But Indian Military? No. For Example Ak-47's Ak meaning- Автомат Калашникова

For example more we Indians use Tank to refer Tank, but Germans use Panzer. You see the difference? And we Indians instead of producing equivalent of english we continue to use English words intact. We use Assault rifle- Germans use Sturmgewehr.

For your kind yes, you are right Languages need to be evolving- But how to properly evolve? 1) Absorbing foreign words completely or 2) producing their equivalent?

First 1 we are using and resulted in Hinglish, Tanglish, Banglish. We even use unncessary English words when we have it's equivalent.

Or Second 2? That French and Germans are doing?
What are the unnecessary English words when we have its equivalent.

Can you indicate where English felt they had unnecessary words.

Schadenfreud in German sums up the sentiments way better than any word in English and so it is used.

Untermenschen equally sums up that no one word can express the sentiment.

They have become English words.

Juggernaut, avatar, karma, pundit, yoga, Bangle , Blighty (vilayti), Bungalow, Bazaar, Chutney , Cheetah, Dacoit, Dekko, Chit, Gymkhana, Guru, Jungle, (can be replicated with Forest, but will not give the real essence as in Indian jungle), Khaki, karma, Nirvana, Loot, Thug etc etc cannot be replicated in English and so is used extensively.

Now are they ashamed of it?

Muslims were conquerors and brigands. So, must we find a word for Biryani, Kabab, Gharana, etc?

Let us not overdo this nationalism or indicate juvenile desires.

Humbly I mention that Change for changes sake under the guise of nationalism is not the answer.

Imagine is we change Military regiments name to Hindi

Central India Horse would be come Madhya Bharat Tattoo.

Now Gorkha Rifle would become what?

I don't know the Hindi equivalent of 'Rifle'. Do you?

What are the names of the indigenous equipment manufactured in India? European names? So, can you stop your bogus and contrived argument? Do you expect that we call an AK with some Indian name?

Bengali language arose from eastern Middle Indo-Aryan dialects of Magadhi Prakrit and Pali.

The earliest recorded spoken languages in the region and the language of Gautama Buddha, evolved into the Jain Prakrit or ôrdhômagôdhi "Half Magadhi"

Let us go back to the roots and shun modern Bengali, right?

Let us all become Jains!

Last edited:

ITBP

What are the unnecessary English words when we have its equivalent.
Bengali Shikhshak is not used, which is used Teacher.

Can you indicate where English felt they had unnecessary words.
English was so rural and primitive language that it had no other option apart from directly absorbing foreign words.

Schadenfreud in German sums up the sentiments way better than any word in English and so it is used.

Untermenschen equally sums up that no one word can express the sentiment.

They have become English words.
Total English's 20 to 25% words have German origin. So in comparison Germans managed to intrude their words more into English than we Indians could on our language.

Juggernaut, avatar, karma, pundit, yoga, Bangle , Blighty (vilayti), Bungalow, Bazaar, Chutney , Cheetah, Dacoit, Dekko, Chit, Gymkhana, Guru, Jungle, (can be replicated with Forest, but will not give the real essence as in Indian jungle), Khaki, karma, Nirvana, Loot, Thug etc etc cannot be replicated in English and so is used extensively.

Now are they ashamed of it?
Do they have these word's equivalent? No. That's why they use. And we Indians despite having equivalent we use English. Hope it is clear.

Muslims were conquerors and brigands. So, must we find a word for Biryani, Kabab, Gharana, etc?
Same as above.

Let us not overdo this nationalism or indicate juvenile desires.
German language scholar, French linguistic, Russian linguistic oppose intrusion of english words in their language, so they are all suffering from juvenile desires. :facepalm: Go and Lecture them.

Humbly I mention that Change for changes sake under the guise of nationalism is not the answer.
Same as above.

Imagine is we change Military regiments name to Hindi

Central India Horse would be come Madhya Bharat Tattoo.

Now Gorkha Rifle would become what?
You ashamed of using your native tongue? Germans are not, Russians are not. That's why I brought them in comparison. Again @Ajesh and I proved right.

I don't know the Hindi equivalent of 'Rifle'. Do you?
As long as we dont have it's Hindi equivalent, use of "Rifle" is fine.

Bengali language arose from eastern Middle Indo-Aryan dialects of Magadhi Prakrit and Pali.

The earliest recorded spoken languages in the region and the language of Gautama Buddha, evolved into the Jain Prakrit or ôrdhômagôdhi "Half Magadhi"

Let us go back to the roots and shun modern Bengali, right?

Let us all become Jains!
Cut down those all.

Are you prepared to see your mother tongue being replaced by Hindi? If not(as your attitude indicates languages come and go) then why you oppose Hindi?

If a woman has her own children why should she adopt another children? What common sense says? :hmm:

Similarly if we have our equivalent words why should we use foreign words?

Case closed. Instead of wandering like your fellow Bengali poets in sky, be realistic. I am Raajbangshi, I know unnecessary word's negative side affect more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Bengali Shikhshak is not used, used Teacher.
Who says so?

In Bengali medium school it is said.

In Hindi medium, they say शिक्षक.

In English medium they say Teacher.

It all depends in which language you are talking.

English was so rural and primitive language that it had no other option apart from directly absorbing foreign words.
That is your convoluted view,

Don't pontificate without studying issues.

All European languages evolved practically at the same time.

Indian languages did not evolve from eons. They evolved from ancient languages Pali, Sanskrit, Magashi and so on,

Total English's 20 to 25% words have German origin. So in comparison germans managed to intrude their words more into English than we Indians could on our language.
Again you display ignorance.

A large portion of the modern English vocabulary came from the Anglo-Norman languages. English is considered a "borrowing" language.

Middle English differed from Old English because of two invasions which occurred during the Middle Ages. The first invasion was by peoples who spoke North Germanic languages. They conquered and colonised parts of Britain during the 8th and 9th centuries CE. The second invasion was by the Normans of the 11th century, who spoke Old Norman and eventually developed an English form of this, called Anglo-Norman. New vocabulary introduced at this time heavily influenced many organizations including the church, the court system and the government. European languages including German, Dutch, Latin and Ancient Greek influenced the English vocabulary during the Renaissance.

The history of the German language begins with the High German consonant shift during the migration period, separating Old High German dialects from Old Saxon.

The earliest evidence of Old High German is from scattered Elder Futhark inscriptions, especially in Alemannic, from the 6th century AD; the earliest glosses (Abrogans) date to the 8th; and the oldest coherent texts (the Hildebrandslied, the Muspilli and the Merseburg Incantations) to the 9th century. Old Saxon at this time belongs to the North Sea Germanic cultural sphere, and Low Saxon was to fall under German rather than Anglo-Frisian influence during the Holy Roman Empire.

As Germany was divided into many different states, the only force working for a unification or standardization of German for several hundred years was the general wish of writers to be understood by as many readers as possible.

Do they have these word's equivalent? No. That's why they use. And we Indians despite having equivalent we use English. Hope it is clear

Nothing is clear but your bigotry and dogmas to do down everything and create fallacious divisions in societal approach.

German language scholar, French linguistic, Russian linguistic oppose intrusion of english words in their language, so they are all suffering from juvenile desires. :facepalm: Go and Lecture them.
So do you.

Their opposition is meaningless since it is question of jobs, career and mobility these days.

You ashamed of using your native tongue? Germans are not, Russians are not. That's why I brought them in comparison. Again @Ajesh and I proved right.
I am not ashamed of anything so long as it is not aimed to cause division and confusion in society.

How many Russians and Germans you know.

Come to my home and see our visitors Book and then realise how many nationalities have come of high educational acclaim to include Nobel Prize winners like Igor Tamm.

So, let us not look at life from a goldfish bowl.

As long as we dont have it's Hindi equivalent, use of "Rifle" is fine.
Go invent one to show you faux nationalism.

Cut down those all.

Are you prepared to see your mother tongue being replaced by Hindi? If not(as your attitude indicates languages come and go) then why you oppose Hindi?

If a woman has her own children why should she adopt another children? What common sense says? :hmm:

Similarly if we have our equivalent words why should we use foreign words?
I oppose anything that is forced on the people.

When Hindi becomes the language of all, then you won't find me opposing.

Your illustration of a woman with a child indicates that you are juvenile and cannot grasp the issue in its entirety. They call it Tunnel Vision.

ITBP

Who says so?

In Bengali medium school it is said.

In Hindi medium, they say शिक्षक.

In English medium they say Teacher.

It all depends in which language you are talking.
Shikhshak is only used during writing, no one says Shikhshak during conversation, it is what I meant.

That is your convoluted view,

Don't pontificate without studying issues.

All European languages evolved practically at the same time.

Indian languages did not evolve from eons. They evolved from ancient languages Pali, Sanskrit, Magashi and so on,
Then should not we use words taken from Pali and Sanskrit more than English, a European language?

Again you display ignorance.

A large portion of the modern English vocabulary came from the Anglo-Norman languages. English is considered a "borrowing" language.

Middle English differed from Old English because of two invasions which occurred during the Middle Ages. The first invasion was by peoples who spoke North Germanic languages. They conquered and colonised parts of Britain during the 8th and 9th centuries CE. The second invasion was by the Normans of the 11th century, who spoke Old Norman and eventually developed an English form of this, called Anglo-Norman. New vocabulary introduced at this time heavily influenced many organizations including the church, the court system and the government. European languages including German, Dutch, Latin and Ancient Greek influenced the English vocabulary during the Renaissance.

The history of the German language begins with the High German consonant shift during the migration period, separating Old High German dialects from Old Saxon.

The earliest evidence of Old High German is from scattered Elder Futhark inscriptions, especially in Alemannic, from the 6th century AD; the earliest glosses (Abrogans) date to the 8th; and the oldest coherent texts (the Hildebrandslied, the Muspilli and the Merseburg Incantations) to the 9th century. Old Saxon at this time belongs to the North Sea Germanic cultural sphere, and Low Saxon was to fall under German rather than Anglo-Frisian influence during the Holy Roman Empire.

As Germany was divided into many different states, the only force working for a unification or standardization of German for several hundred years was the general wish of writers to be understood by as many readers as possible.
I am talking about English's status in late medieval era, when britain started to expand it's empire. Not it's origin. and when British empire began to expand it was very primitive.

Nothing is clear but your bigotry and dogmas to do down everything and create fallacious divisions in societal approach.
Any thing contradicts with your view point are Dogma. Right? At least I gave solid logic. You have not.

So do you.

Their opposition is meaningless since it is question of jobs, career and mobility these days.
Have you read the link I gave? No.

SIEMEN which is MNC, they too declared to minimize use of english words. So they are also meaningless.

Listen- Germans, French or Russians(even Chinese have self-pride) they will not behave like you. To you earning $$$ comes first, and to them earning $$$ is as important as preserving their language.

I am not ashamed of anything so long as it is not aimed to cause division and confusion in society.

How many Russians and Germans you know.

Come to my home and see our visitors Book and then realise how many nationalities have come of high educational acclaim to include Nobel Prize winners like Igor Tamm.

So, let us not look at life from a goldfish bowl.
If IA divisions are named in Hindi what is wrong? Infact your English oriented mentality has already divided our country between India and Bharat. In India English medium school goer people living in apartment live, and in Bharat people going to Indian school live.

As about Russian or German, read the link again. Hence you live in India, so naturally Germans would use english.

Go invent one to show you faux nationalism.
When Germans used Sturmgewher rifle and english had not equivalent word then English instead of using Sturmgewhre rifle, they made new word that is Assault rifle. So by your logic even English are suffering from faux nationalism. What a pity!

I oppose anything that is forced on the people.

When Hindi becomes the language of all, then you won't find me opposing.
Where you find I am forcing? And also some times it is necessary to force one opinion to protect bigger interest. For this medieval Japan interfered in Japanese Christian's believe and killed them all. That preserved Japanese independence, as contemporary Christians used to behave as 5th colum of European powers.

Your illustration of a woman with a child indicates that you are juvenile and cannot grasp the issue in its entirety. They call it Tunnel Vision.
Your failure to understand the hidden meaning Indicates you are immature.

Bleeding heart liberal. I wasted time with you.

bennedose

What is the exact objection to calling India as India?

For example the state I live in is called "Karnataka". Why do people from the North call it Karnatak. The state language is Kannada and is referred to by Hindi news readers as Kannad. This sounds extraordinarily stupid to people from Karnataka but no one kicks up a big fuss. No one from Karnataka insists on calling Agra as "Agr" in retaliation (maybe they should). It's not as if people cannot pronounce the "a" in the end. If an Indian cannot pronounce the name of an Indian place why this big fuss about Bharat/India?

India has been called by that name by the Greeks from at least 2500 BC. That is older than the names of most countries of the world including America, Great Britain, France, Germany, Switzerland, and any other name Why this idiotic idea that it should be discarded. How come no one is insisting on using ancient names for Afghanistan/Pakistan like "Balkh" and "Madra" and "Kamboja"- after all those are historic names too? By all means use "Bharat" but why imagine "India" is a secondary name?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Shikhshak is only used during writing, no one says Shikhshak during conversation, it is what I meant.

Then should not we use words taken from Pali and Sanskrit more than English, a European language?

I am talking about English's status in late medieval era, when britain started to expand it's empire. Not it's origin. and when British empire began to expand it was very primitive.

Any thing contradicts with your view point are Dogma. Right? At least I gave solid logic. You have not.

Have you read the link I gave? No.

SIEMEN which is MNC, they too declared to minimize use of english words. So they are also meaningless.

Listen- Germans, French or Russians(even Chinese have self-pride) they will not behave like you. To you earning $$$ comes first, and to them earning $$$ is as important as preserving their language.

If IA divisions are named in Hindi what is wrong? Infact your English oriented mentality has already divided our country between India and Bharat. In India English medium school goer people living in apartment live, and in Bharat people going to Indian school live.

As about Russian or German, read the link again. Hence you live in India, so naturally Germans would use english.

When Germans used Sturmgewher rifle and english had not equivalent word then English instead of using Sturmgewhre rifle, they made new word that is Assault rifle. So by your logic even English are suffering from faux nationalism. What a pity!

Where you find I am forcing? And also some times it is necessary to force one opinion to protect bigger interest. For this medieval Japan interfered in Japanese Christian's believe and killed them all. That preserved Japanese independence, as contemporary Christians used to behave as 5th colum of European powers.

Your failure to understand the hidden meaning Indicates you are immature.

Bleeding heart liberal. I wasted time with you.
I could have answered you point by point as I have done before, but I have something else important to attend to and so am leaving.

I cannot always educate with detailed links and so on and still not know if I am a Shikshak, Teacher or Lehrer.

ITBP

India has been called by that name by the Greeks from at least 2500 BC. That is older than the names of most countries of the world including America, Great Britain, France, Germany, Switzerland, and any other name Why this idiotic idea that it should be discarded. How come no one is insisting on using ancient names for Afghanistan/Pakistan like "Balkh" and "Madra" and "Kamboja"- after all those are historic names too? By all means use "Bharat" but why imagine "India" is a secondary name?
French call their country when speaking French, but when speak English call France, because even in English their country's name is France.

Germans call their country Deutschland, Spanish call their country España, Brazilians call Brazil Brasil. When they are speaking their languages.

Oh God, just a simple thing, just call our country Bharat when speaking Indian languages. When in English call our country India as German, French, Spanish etc do.

Still so much opposition. No doubt why seculars are so strong in India. Missionary school and English medium clearly ruined our self-esteem, and made us love country through foreign tongue.

I cannot always educate with detailed links and so on and still not know if I am a Shikshak, Teacher or Lehrer.
If education means forgetting own culture and language, I will prefer to remain uneducated.

India is really messed up.

Han Chinese are way better. Proud to be from INDIA(country with very old civilization so) but ashamed to be Indian(as present Indians are nothing apart from English boot lickers).

It is easy to break delusion of uneducated man, but very hard to break that of an educated man.

Last edited:

ITBP

To sum it up once more-

I agree India is Bharat.

Then,

In Hindi to refer parents we too have Mataji-Pitaji, and english words mother-father mean exactly what Mataji-Pitaji mean.

So should we replace traditional Indian way of calling our parents Mataji-Pitaji by Mom-Dad? With the logic that hence both Mon-dad and Mataji-Pitaji mean same thing, so what's the difference?

Is not this ridiculous?

If this not right, then why should we call our country India in indian language?

This simplest thing I could not enter into brains of English man in Indian skin.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

To sum it up once more-

I agree India is Bharat.

Then,

In Hindi to refer parents we too have Mataji-Pitaji, and english words mother-father mean exactly what Mataji-Pitaji mean.

So should we replace traditional Indian way of calling our parents Mataji-Pitaji by Mom-Dad? With the logic that hence both Mon-dad and Mataji-Pitaji mean same thing, so what's the difference?

Is not this ridiculous?

This simplest thing I could not enter into brains of English man in Indian skin.
No one should not call Ma and Baba as Mom and Dad.

That is silly.

it might surprise you but many English folks call their mother as Ma. Are they being silly?

I have noticed it is the cowbelt chaps who tend to use English words for thoughts they don't want to remember in Hindi since it 'upsets' them.

For instance, for 'died' or Dehant in Hindi, they say 'death' or 'dath'. Or should it be parlog gaman? Which is your cake that you want and have it too?

That is silly, more so, when some who use can hardly speak a word of English more than that!

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

@ITBP

Well what is in a name. As long we are patriotic India and Bharat are same.

This is out of topic but I think this is interesting. You are quite right that English indeed is a combination of German and French languages.

After the Romans left England it was invaded by the Germans. The two most prolific of this Germanic tribes were the Angles and the Saxons. The region where the Germanic Angles lived was called Angle land. That is the origin of the name England.

The next invasion was by the French Normans. The Normans who had settled in France invaded England in 1066 and conquered it. The Norman king William the Conqueror was actually the Duke of Normandy in France. At one point he used to swear fealty to the French king but soon after gaining the English throne he decided to get independent. The entire French army that had followed William replaced the English nobility and so French became the court language of England. This continued till the end of the Hundred years War where the French inspired by Joan of Arc, crushed the English forces After that the hybrid Germanic French language known as English developed and became the court language of England. (Btw the so called English nobility has French blood in them. )

English has the basic structure of Germanic languages but has borrowed heavily from French and Latin languages.

Also the names like John,William,Jack are not names of English origin but are of French origin. The French invasion changed the naming pattern of the English Isles as people began to be more associated with the French nobility ruling England.

Norman conquest of England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now for words which we think are English but are of French origin.

List of English words with dual French and Anglo-Saxon variations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

French words in English

Mutton :thumb:
Pensive
Royal
Astound
and so on

So we should not think that we are using English words, the words of this vile British conquerors. Rather we are using the words of the nation,France, which itself conquered our evil colonial overlords.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

French call their country when speaking French, but when speak English call France, because even in English their country's name is France.
Wrong.

It is all in the pronunciation.

The correct pronunciation for France in French:

France (spelled the same) = Fr-h-awn-se (with the R pronounced as "air-hh" like the H-sound in clearing your throat).
as opposed to the English pronunciation = Fr-ant-se

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

@ITBP

Now learn French

And some German

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

@ITBP

You claimed to be a Rajbonshi.

Here is a Rajbonshi song.

Why are they proud of using English also?

Clean them up first and then think of others.

ITBP

@Ray what Can I do? Apart from request?

Raajbangshi language is destined to cease to exist.

1 thing I tell you those Raajbangshi kids who went to Bengal medium school they still speak Raajbangshi.

But those who go to English medium school, they dont even speak Bengali properly.

And additionally Raajbangshis too are Indian, and English boot licking mentality is wide spread in India. So no exceptions.

These are...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhj3OkeEcIk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVwaawmhOB8

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

All the same, my Youtube Rajbonshi song with English has put paid to your high falutin moral stand on Indian 'nationalism'.

Excuses won't do.

If you can append your Rajbonshi songs, may I ask if the are nationalistic or patriotic.

All Bengalis don't speak English, even if educated in English medium schools.

But then we are patriotic.

These are DL Roy's songs. He is my granduncle from my mother's side. Makes me less patriotic? Must I hear nationalism and patriotism from you endlessly?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwijendralal_Ray

ITBP

Did I support that hybrid song?

No.

All Indians regardless of their language etc, have tendency to be English boot licker.

As for being patriotic or not. You are patriotic, but your views will ruin Indian culture, just like the hybrid song you posted.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Did I support that hybrid song?

No.

All Indians regardless of their language etc, have tendency to be English boot licker.

As for being patriotic or not. You are patriotic, but your views will ruin Indian culture, just like the hybrid song you posted.
I am afraid you do not know me.

Even though I was in the Army, there are many occasions when I visited other Officers homes or entertained at home in dhuti and Punjabi. Never was shy of my Indian or Bengali ways and culture.

See me sometimes and I will show you some photos.

It is foolish to exhibit pseudo nationalism by rejecting everything that is in vogue.

Koch Rajbongshi people stay very close to nature. It is a Tradition for Koch Rajbonshi Men to go Hunting in a group in the wild.

They bring the "Prey" from the wild and share the meat in a Banana Leaf as per the requirement of each family. A trditional Koch Rajbonshi dwelling has a Mango Tree, a Jack fruit tree and a Small Kitchen Garden, with a small pond where they keep fish.

Now, do you live like a real genuine Rajbonshi?

Do you live on Pantha Bhaat?

Do you wear the gamasha or naucha from the waist till the knee?

if not someone can call you an English bootlicker too!

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

These are DL Roy's songs. He is my granduncle from my mother's side. Makes me less patriotic? Must I hear nationalism and patriotism from you endlessly?
Dwijendralal Ray - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well i am glad to know about this.
Well my family escaped to Krishnanagar,Nadia after the partitions. I have to say this as you have mentioned DL Ray that Nadia is one of the main and most important districts of WB that has been neglected by that evil thug. People often forget that Shri Chaitanyadev Mahapravu was the greatest son of Nadia.

NADIA FTW :thumb::namaste::thumb:

ITBP

I am afraid you do not know me.

Even though I was in the Army, there are many occasions when I visited other Officers homes or entertained at home in dhuti and Punjabi. Never was shy of my Indian or Bengali ways and culture.

See me sometimes and I will show you some photos.

It is foolish to exhibit pseudo nationalism by rejecting everything that is in vogue.
What I meant to say lets have that idea from example-

You are patriot no doubt.

The example is- If you start using War axe instead of sword you will be automatically careless on your sword making your sword rusty.

Similarly if you dont study in Indian languages, you will automatically become un-attentive to Indian languages.

Average people will do this. And it's what I meant to say all time.

And when Indian language speaking, use Bharat instead of India.

Koch Rajbongshi people stay very close to nature. It is a Tradition for Koch Rajbonshi Men to go Hunting in a group in the wild.

They bring the "Prey" from the wild and share the meat in a Banana Leaf as per the requirement of each family. A trditional Koch Rajbonshi dwelling has a Mango Tree, a Jack fruit tree and a Small Kitchen Garden, with a small pond where they keep fish.

Now, do you live like a real genuine Rajbonshi?

Do you live on Pantha Bhaat?

Do you wear the gamasha or naucha from the waist till the knee?

if not someone can call you an English bootlicker too!
I said and I meant when we cant wear our traditional dress all time but still we can surely preserve our language.

Japanese, Chinese, Koreans too dont wear their traditional dress all time. But they did not replace their language by English.

In one post I told you- Whether Indian housewife wears western dress or not(they may take sun bath in sea beach like West) I dont care just make the education in Indian languages.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I said and I meant when we cant wear our traditional dress all time but still we can surely preserve our language.

Japanese, Chinese, Koreans too dont wear their traditional dress all time. But they did not replace their language by English.

In one post I told you- Whether Indian housewife wears western dress or not(they may take sun bath in sea beach like West) just make the education in Indian languages.
You have an inferiority complex.

Let the Chinese, Japanese, English, German, Greek do what they like and wear what they want.

Who cares?

We must do what is good for us. We not have to copy them or think that they are better than us in any way.

Indian culture or regional culture to be precise is as important as the language.

You cannot be selectively nationalistic and only do things that suit your convenience.

One must imbibe the goodness of all people.

The West is into Yoga and Indian classical music. Are they boot-licking Indians?

The world borrowed the zero from India. Is the world full of bootlickers?

My knowing quite a few Indian languages and some international ones makes me a bootlicker of those Indians whose language I know or that of the international folks?

Do you own anything that is foreign? If so, are you a bootlicker?

Good nationalism of what you are preaching is - Be Indian, Buy Indian!

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles