Why do hindus in India have such victim mentality

Status
Not open for further replies.

honeybadger

Now, before you think I am trying to troll, just hear me out first.

I have always been curious about this, as to why hindus always feel they are victims. They keep banging on about mughals and invaders (it used to happen quite a lot so whats the big deal) and think everything from a religious angle. If there is a communal riot, no matter who starts it, they will always claim hindus are victim. Internet hindus go one step forward and see even India's foreign relations from a religious angle.

At the same time they will ask all minorities to forget their plight, ask muslims of gujrat riots , or sikhs of anti-sikh riot to forget and move on. They will brand anybody who has different view as something or other. Many minorities cannot raise their voice because of this.

PS: I am an Indian hindu, and its painful for me to realize hindus are like this. We deserve to be much better @Singh
I dont like to be compared against pakistan/china.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

Now, before you think I am trying to troll, just hear me out first.

I have always been curious about this, as to why hindus always feel they are victims. They keep banging on about mughals and invaders (it used to happen quite a lot so whats the big deal) and think everything from a religious angle. If there is a communal riot, no matter who starts it, they will always claim hindus are victim. Internet hindus go one step forward and see even India's foreign relations from a religious angle.

At the same time they will ask all minorities to forget their plight, ask muslims of gujrat riots , or sikhs of anti-sikh riot to forget and move on. They will brand anybody who has different view as something or other. Many minorities cannot raise their voice because of this.

PS: I am an Indian hindu, and its painful for me to realize hindus are like this. We deserve to be much better @Singh
I dont like to be compared against pakistan/china

natarajan

we check or do background verification for defence professional ,similarly we should also do check for those who claim hindus and put up controversial thread.Its like communist lady with big thilak

honeybadger

we check or do background verification for defence professional ,similarly we should also do check for those who claim hindus and put up controversial thread.Its like communist lady with big thilak
First of all that was just an extra info to calm people down here, not a necessary qualification to post this. Even non hindu can be critical of hindu, just like hindus can be critical of muslims/christians.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@natarajan take it fwiw.
@honeybadger Its ostensibly because of the "appeasement" policies of some political parties. In India every community have a right to their opinion and to express themselves. There is another thread on this topic, it was based on an article written by Ramachandran Guha. Please do a search.

honeybadger

@natarajan take it fwiw.
@honeybadger Its ostensibly because of the "appeasement" policies of some political parties. In India every community have a right to their opinion and to express themselves. There is another thread on this topic, it was based on an article written by Ramachandran Guha. Please do a search.
ok, thank you, I will search.
I am not talking about rights, people have rights to believe anything they want. But such mass victim mentality can create havoc, as one can easily use it to perpetrate atricities (or play down atrocities on others).
Hindus also perceive themselves as weak which is not true at all, considering their number and hold on power in India.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
ok, thank you, I will search.
I am not talking about rights, people have rights to believe anything they want. But such mass victim mentality can create havoc, as one can easily use it to perpetrate atricities (or play down atrocities on others).
Hindus also perceive themselves as weak which is not true at all, considering their number and hold on power in India.
I don't think there is mass victim mentality at all. I wonder how you got such an opinion ?

Hindus don't perceive themselves weak either. I suggest, you should read more and type a bit less. (do a bit of research) :)

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I am closing this thread. If you are able to find a link, PM me or send me a Visitor Message. I'll merge it or you can continue the discussion there.
Also a word of advice, it would be prudent to use some links, references otherwise people will be offended by your patronizing tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles