Why do British people have such a pathetic attitude ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Of course I'm right. That is not a shocker. Congrats to Tata, it does help have inexpensive labor and a market like India. But making " Ford" to be incompetent is naive. Good day...don't forget to tweet that you were blessed to have been replied to by me.
You mean the expensive labor of UK?

Tata is creating 1500 jobs in Halewood and putting investment of 100 mil pounds. Briton should thank tata since thousands of british are able to eat everyday due to this Indian giant.

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
GK, well said. :thumb:

The one thing which really sucks here is the corruption.

But then, how often does one need to interact with government babus? Once in 3 years? Maybe even less!

Excellent points about the maid, driver, etc.

And roads are bad, yes - but apart from the fact that one can hire a driver, things are really not so bad. You can drive from point A to B and back in comfort everyday, as I, and several others, do everyday!

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
A strip of Asprin costs less than 10 cents in India? :D

Our generic market has made medicines even affordable for the poor.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
GK, well said. :thumb:

The one thing which really sucks here is the corruption.

But then, how often does one need to interact with government babus? Once in 3 years? Maybe even less!

Excellent points about the maid, driver, etc.

And roads are bad, yes - but apart from the fact that one can hire a driver, things are really not so bad. You can drive from point A to B and back in comfort everyday, as I, and several others, do everyday!
The best solution for solving corruption is to kill of the local population of Adivasi like they did in USA or loot from the colonies and wreck their nations like Britian did. Bunch or mass murders have suddenly found a Renaissance of liberty where as we never did slave trade bought or sold people and castrated boys for sex and our only fault is that we are poor nation.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
And check this: a young IT professional in Bangalore can expect to buy a car within a few months of work, i.e. at the age of 22 or so.

He can purchase an apartment by the time he is 28, maybe even less. Not one of the grand ones like DLF or Prestige or Shobha, but one of the mid-rung builders.

Things are looking up here. I have seen life in the US and Europe. I have seen the life of the Goras there, and of the Desis. Like I said, there is a reason that more and more people like me, are choosing to build their careers here.

JayATL

There is a reason that I chose to make my career in India, rather than trying to emigrate to the West. I have no reason to regret my decision, so far. There is a reason that lots of people are making the same choice as I did, and this percentage keeps increasing.

I live a better life than my contemporary Brits of similar standing in society.

I earn more than Brits at my age do - there is something called "purchasing power parity", you know - converting the earning of a Brit in pounds into rupees and saying that he earns more, makes no sense at all. I do earn a better sum than most Brits.

The life expectancy of a middle class Indian is the same as that of a middle class Brit. The average expectancy of an Indian is in the high 60s, because of the huge number of poor masses in India. Compare the stats for the "middle classes" alone, and there is no difference. My grandparents are still alive, and they are more than 80-85 years old. Most of my peers have very old parents and grandparents.

Healthcare, you say? Heh - the amount of moaning that Western citizens raise about healthcare is legendary. :pound:

I had to get a wisdom tooth extracted recently - it came out too late, for some reason. I walked over to my regular dentist, whom I have been visiting for nearly a decade now. He extracted it for 300 rupees, and the antibiotics/painkillers cost less than 100. I was just browsing the internet for information on wisdom teeth, necessity for extraction, etc. I noticed an abnormally high number of questions/discussions from Westerners (mainly US and UK of course) about how to avoid it, how to pull it at home , how to tie a string to a doorknob (and the tooth) and slam the door to get it removed (yikes).

All of them had the same story - my insurance doesn't cover it, I cannot afford it, my dentist is insisting that I get a $1400 cleaning done first - things like that...

No, I am better off in terms of healthcare. Do you know that super-specialty, high-quality healthcare is actually cheap here? Don't even compare healthcare in the US/UK vs. what we have here in India, for a reasonably well-off middle class guy. Health insurance? It hardly costs anything to get it here - it is a very small part of my salary.

Loss of jobs - are you kidding me? As though the state in the UK/US provides a complete 100% dole in case of job loss! Had that been the case, there wouldn't have been so much whining against outsourcing.

"Religious freedom" - this is getting laughable now. :tsk:
Now that you finished with the emotional responses. I asked for data and facts. Not for platitudes and rhetorical examples. I asked for a conversation on pure economical data and you give me one off examples. You give what would be an 'F' on your report card had your professor asked the same question. You got all guarded and went off the path of what was being asked.

this is my problem with many of you. You guys come at analysis with an emotional poppycock response.

Me - " What was the score of the match "
you - "Yeah - well we have better bowlers and our batters are awesome and they get driven by drivers and fed by maids "

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Now that you finished with the emotional responses. I asked for data and facts. Not for platitudes and rhetorical examples. I asked for a conversation on pure economical data and you give me one off examples. You give what would be an 'F' on your report card had your professor asked the same question. You got all guarded and went off the path of what was being asked.

this is my problem with many of you. You guys come at analysis with an emotional poppycock response.

you - "Yeah - well we have better bowlers and our batters are awesome and they get driven by drivers and fed by maids "
JayATL - there was nothing "emotional" about the response. Neither was it "emotional poppycock response".

It is extremely tough to maintain civility while talking to you.

These are not "one off examples" - this is the genuine situation in urban India.

Your questions are nonsense, or totally irrelevant. What do you mean by asking who "earns more"? Clearly, you don't know what PPP means. You speak of government health insurance. I say that the earning is so high that one can purchase insurance without even noticing the financial impact. Heck, even without insurance, one can get himself treated without any significant financial impact, in most cases.

Is that tough to understand? The paradigm is different. The way one would live life here is different. Your
"comparison statistics" are irrelevant.

Last edited:

JayATL

JayATL - there was nothing "emotional" about the response. Neither was it "emotional poppycock response".

It is extremely tough to maintain civility while talking to you.

These are not "one off examples" - this is the genuine situation in urban India.

Your questions are nonsense, or totally irrelevant. What do you mean by asking who "earns more"? Clearly, you don't know what PPP means.
average household earnings is a rubbish question but you stating that middle classer in India lives better off ( standard)than a middle classer in britian is not ? telling me about a dentist visit as example is your answer to the standard of healthcare offered? ..Life expectancy of middle classer is same india and britain you claimed based on what? not data, but because your grandparents are 80-85 yrs old! - thats you answer to empirical DATA , facts asked.

really...

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

What has that got to do with how happy i am? You must be a very shallow man, because i am very happy where i am. I dont need green lawn on my porch, i am as happy as any American so what is the point? O you mean i should be white and act like Ameican and [edited]?

[MOD: Please avoid referring to members' family members.]

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
average household earnings is a rubbish question but you stating that middle classer in India lives better off than a middle classer in britian is not ? telling me about a dentist visit as example is your answer to the standard of healthcare offered? ..
First of all, what do you mean by "standard of healthcare"? Your question is subjective, and really does not make sense.

You speak of government health insurance. I say that the earning is so high that one can purchase insurance without even noticing the financial impact. Heck, even without insurance, one can get himself treated without any significant financial impact, in most cases.

Is that tough to understand? The paradigm is different. The way one would live life here is different. Your "comparison statistics" are irrelevant.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Thanks.

JayATL: Now, here's something really simple.

A person would need to pay $125 for a tooth extraction, PLUS sedation charges, PLUS consultation, etc. That comes to $500. That is around 1/12 of his income, considering his income as $6000.

A person of similar stature, similar job here in Bangalore, would earn around 70,000 per month. He would pay 300 for a tooth extraction. That is 1/233 of his income.

Do you get my point? Do you realize why your question of "what health insurance does the government provide" is completely irrelevant?

trackwhack

Thanks.

A person would need to pay $125 for a tooth extraction, PLUS sedation charges, PLUS consultation, etc. That comes to $500. That is around 1/12 of his income, considering his income as $6000.

A person of similar stature, similar job here in Bangalore, would earn around 70,000 per month. He would pay 300 for a tooth extraction. That is 1/233 of his income.

Do you get my point? Do you realize why your question of "what health insurance does the government provide" is completely irrelevant?
My two cents : I would give up. We've already been entertained enough for one day by Jay. I'd allow him some rest to come back and continue the clownery tomorrow.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
JayATL:

The thing is, you are just not able to adjust your thinking to the fact that a well-off middle class person in India does not need medical insurance for his normal medical expenses. You want answers to questions about "what level of health insurance the government provides", when it really does not matter.

A lot of your other questions are similarly irrelevant.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
What costs hundreds of dollars in USA you can get the same generic version in India for 3rd of the price.

Even rich people dont have health insurance in India. We dont look at it that way.

JayATL

Thanks.

do you know the Britain healthcare system? Do you know their citizens don't pay for healthcare that the govt provides it for all? do you know how these one off ridiculous examples look when you put them up as the sign for good quality and care of the heath care system in Britain vs India? Okay- let me ask you a simple question: why did sonia gandhi come to the US for her medical procedure?

Your insurance companies refuse to insure your elders. Your health care system is rubbish for the poor on critical care. Arun Sandhukha, Indian Man, Dies After Penis Allegedly Bitten Off By Rats ( look I got one of examples too! )

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
My favourite Example

iPill - Rs 100
Plan B - $40

:rofl:
My maid feel sick with heart problem, little did i know he had Insurance! lol..

Government covers all till 1lakh in Tamil Nadu!! USA does not have that! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles