Why do British people have such a pathetic attitude ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

Good question. Recently I saw a lot of posts at different places following the Rafale-cum-Peanut rancour in the British press.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Jaguar Land Rover makes £559m in three months - Telegraph

I mean read the comments. Such a pathetic mentality. Despite the fact that only 16.5 % of Jaguar land rover are sold in Britain. They have such a gutter mentality.
I agree with the sentiment but the comments on that article are relatively moderate compared to what we have come to expect from the Britishers of late.

I think they really miss the old times(about which most of those guys(and us) have only read about) and perhaps they've been fed with the belief that the British Empire was a benevolent entity and the colonies are indebted to them for civilizing them.

Someone really needs to tell them what disgusting thieves their ancestors were and how they were no better than the Nazis these guys take the credit of having stopped from taking over the world.

pmaitra

Some of the comments from Britons in that blog are actually nice. Some are bad.

JayATL

You are equating people's internet comments to attitudes or the state of business with a country? If you want to go by that standard then the Indian commentator is also taking a piss,as the Brits say, in that link.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
British are nobodies today, all they have is their jingoism to stick on to. After all if you take that off what does he have? A small island north of nowhere and it freezes over in winter and it rains rest of the time. It must be cold and depressing without comforting thoughts.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
You are equating people's internet comments to attitudes or the state of business with a country? If you want to go by that standard then the Indian commentator is also taking a piss,as the Brits say, in that link.
STHU. If you like to worship white skin thats because you have poor self esteem. That is not our problem you feel being brown or black is a negative thing, so STHU with your Uncle Tom attitude.

Blackwater

British Goras still thinks they still owned 80% of the world.

The arrow has already left their bow, the sooner they realised better for them...

JayATL

I don't know why you guys are tripping over them tripping over it? I can't address them but I can address you guys here. firstly, how many know that among non Russian companies, highest $$$ spent were on Brit supplied military equipment in the last 3 decades ? Yup more than on french equipment.

secondly, they are hurt because their govt is playing politics with it internally. Not unlike any govt would , should they have lost a huge contract. The masses will always holler and hoot, but that is not indicative of what the state of relationship is with said countries.

Look at India- China relationship in reality vs forum comments from each camp.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Also, its always the Britishers moaning about the past, you don't see Americans boasting of owning half the world or the Russians crying over the USSR......but they are better men perhaps.

pmaitra

I don't know why you guys are tripping over them tripping over it? I can't address them but I can address you guys here. firstly, how many know that among non Russian companies, highest $$$ spent were on Brit supplied military equipment in the last 3 decades ? Yup more than on french equipment.

secondly, they are hurt because their govt is playing politics with it internally. Not unlike any govt would , should they have lost a huge contract. The masses will always holler and hoot, but that is not indicative of what the state of relationship is with said countries.

Also externally, with them offering aid to India in the hope of selling their fighter jets.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
And this thread is about Britishers not Britain. o_o

JayATL

Also externally, with them offering aid to India in the hope of selling their fighter jets.
yup , it's politics for personal consumption. That comment about was made ages ago I thought. The comment I read was made when a Cabinet Minister from UK visited India and said we are keeping the billion dollar aid going because we believe in India blah blah. Then when they lost that comment made was brought back up by some journalist and commentators. am I right? that comment was not brought back up by the govt, yeah?

Last edited:

SPIEZ

Country flag

Can you back it up ?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
ok, enough of racial slurs and personal remarks. Quit it all of you.

JayATL

Can you back it up ?
Back up what? that India bought more military equipment in terms of $$ from UK than from the french in the last 3-4 decades? it was onan irdw.org article i read a couple weeks ago. I'll have to hunt it. I'm sure others here can qualify it as being true.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Back up what? that India bought more military equipment in terms of $$ from UK than from the french in the last 3-4 decades? it was onan irdw.org article i read a couple weeks ago. I'll have to hunt it. I'm sure others here can qualify it as being true.

Provide the link how hard can that be ...?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Some people I have noticed disregard the Moderator's caution like 'Quit It'.

This is not the Election Commission out here which is toothless to implement its directions.

When a Moderator cautions, he is doing it for the sake of sanity and good of the Forum.

Please adhere to his advice.

A helpful reminder, if you will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles