Why didnt Pakistan name its curreny Dhiram/Riyal or something??

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
No the new rupee symbol is for india only. I don't think pakistan will use it for themselves too. It will be a big ego issue for them. May be SL and nepal will use in the future.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
No the new rupee symbol is for india only. I don't think pakistan will use it for themselves too. It will be a big ego issue for them. May be SL and nepal will use in the future.
India can sure do some changes to rupee symbol as suggested by them.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Pakistan still dreams of an Indian conquest. That's why, it wants to discard the subcontinents Hindu legacy, but maintain the essential elements of Muslim Indian Subcontinent legacy passed on by 800 years of Muslim rule. That's why.

As for the Rupee symbol, you can expect Nepal to use it, not Pakistan or Sri Lanka. Besides their currencies or economies don't matter anyway.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
They could have used rupiah instead of rupees just like Indonesia , that sounds more urdu to me.
It isn't Urdu dude. It is simply a Bahasa Indonesia's version of the same word "Rupee". You would want to take a note that Bahasa Melayu and Bahasa Indonesia trace their ancestral roots to Sanskrit and even if you carefully note Southeast languages share a link with Sanskrit and extend to Indonesia/Malaysia.

peacecracker

Pakistan is better with being Part of Perisa.Current Pakistan is focussed on India even if war is toiling their people.urdu was made their national language.if pashto or farsi was made as their national language(and common men's language) ,We would've been saved from these India obsessed lot.moreover ,their Islam is almost nearing perfection.similar to Saudia in most ways.many of them ,even western educated cannot see humans without linking Islam into it.Secularism and Democracy is seen as Shirk there?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Islam nearing perfection?? That's a new term I have heard. What do you mean by perfect islam??

mayfair

Islam nearing perfection?? That's a new term I have heard. What do you mean by perfect islam??
I think he means closer to what many Pakistanis view as the "purest and most sincere" form of Islam, which is purged of all the "vile and unislamic" influences. In other words those who do not agree with their views on Islam, Kashmir, India, America, West, World are at best "not muslim enough" or at worst apostates and/or infidels who are "wazib-ul-qatl".

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
In short fundamentalist extremist wahabi kind of Islam? Wow and thats pure..

mayfair

In short fundamentalist extremist wahabi kind of Islam? Wow and thats pure..
You mean to say all of what I stated in my post is a spot on description of Wahabi Islam?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Maybe this is what some believe is 'perfect' Islam

La Ilaha Ila Allah

Muhammad ibn Abd al Wahhab focused on the Muslim principle that there is only one God, and that God does not share his power with anyone -- not Imams, and certainly not trees or rocks. From this unitarian principle, his students began to refer to themselves as muwahhidun (unitarians). Their detractors referred to them as "Wahhabis"--or "followers of Muhammad ibn Abd al Wahhab," which had a pejorative connotation. The idea of a unitary god was not new. Muhammad ibn Abd al Wahhab, however, attached political importance to it. He directed his attack against the Shia.

Muhammad ibn Abd al Wahhab's emphasis on the oneness of God was asserted in contradistinction to shirk, or polytheism, defined as the act of associating any person or object with powers that should be attributed only to God. He condemned specific acts that he viewed as leading to shirk, such as votive offerings, praying at saints' tombs and at graves, and any prayer ritual in which the suppliant appeals to a third party for intercession with God. Particularly objectionable were certain religious festivals, including celebrations of the Prophet's birthday, Shia mourning ceremonies, and Sufi mysticism. Consequently, the Wahhabis forbid grave markers or tombs in burial sites and the building of any shrines that could become a locus of shirk.

Wahabi

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You mean to say all of what I stated in my post is a spot on description of Wahabi Islam?
Thats how i see it and may the world too. But it sure is not perfect Islam for me.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles