Why Did Mr Nehru decide to halt the progress of the Army at LOC in 1948?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
1948 Sir! :smile:
Unless you mean his grandson who pulled back from crossing the LoC in 1987. Gen. Hoon was ready to smash across Pak defences then..
pls give brief reference ...... i will also look up on google ...thanks

Indian politicians are/were trapped by Pakis and in return politicians took money for elections or got honey trapped.
this is relevant to the topic so most grateful if you could give some instances .....would really be great to know

nehru and gandhi family never really had to work hard for anything.To me personally they are the biggest internal threat to our country.Just hope better sence prevails on the clowns who vote for such criminal goons.
As a proud Indian I feel disgraced ever time I see Rahul pappu gandu and his family having nsg protection.
This clown is perhaps the most foolish person on earth i have ever seen.

Please watch this video below and ask ur self if someone like this should be allowed can make a single policy decision .Our enemy's will be prying in their graves for this clown to be pm.More on topic now , Rahul pappu is just the same as all gandhis before him after him only difference is he more italiian than russian or brithish.

the only good thing about the video is that people in general are up to his antics and they find it amusing ....... i think the guy will stay in the background and allow his SIS to take over ....firstly he isnt competent and secondly it is quite obvious and to his credit ( for once ) that he knows his SIs is far better than himself ....but overall i think it is the end of cong ....either they go down the drain collectively ..or ............ split !!!!!!

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
this is relevant to the topic so most grateful if you could give some instances .....would really be great to know
It directly hits the security of nation. To be honest after Lal Bahadur Shastri, Indira Gandhi, we have only Modi who is bold in making decision. What the previous two did is first they cleansed the house. The modi is doing the same.

The instances are out in open. There is something which is hurting the other political parties and many high profile people who have been placed by Congress or regional parties in very important positions.

During the Nehru period he was too much dependant and cosy with the Britishers and he thought that britishers will do something about Kashmir. Britishers did listen to him but our planners were not interested in pushing back Pakistan in 1948. Why? Because probably back channels talks happened and all three parties agreed to keep the conflict ongoing. Because Pakistan had some say due to Muslims supporting them in the world and indirectly in India.
It's a big network

Willy2

Ppl should realize that Nehrus biggest blunder is't kashmir , it's China-Tibet.
A British major conduct revolted in Gilgit only after J&K sign accession paper , surely those officer in Gilgit scout accept the Paki invasion in state as it will kill connection betn India and Afg .
It's a large political game of then superpower Britain, Nehru can't stand a chance against those bastards who create empire by forgery .
All the operation in G-B by paki forces control by former British india northern command capital Peshawar.Head of the army staff both in Pakistan and India is same General ,it's funny that his countrymen , the same gilgit scout which was directly controlled by British headed by British revolted and he did nothing .

IndianHawk

Country flag
It's hard to go back in history and find the truth but it's easy to blame and feel righteous.
We don't know what pressure did Nehru faced. We just secured independence , we had to beg for food just to keep our people alive. We had army but weapons and technology were all foreign . We were dealing with internal riots , insurgency right of the bat. We were not the economic heavy weight that we are today not even a shadow of it.

So Nehru had very little maneuvering space in terms of strategic decision. That must be kept in mind while finding answers to blunders of past.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
It's hard to go back in history and find the truth but it's easy to blame and feel righteous.
We don't know what pressure did Nehru faced. We just secured independence , we had to beg for food just to keep our people alive. We had army but weapons and technology were all foreign . We were dealing with internal riots , insurgency right of the bat. We were not the economic heavy weight that we are today not even a shadow of it.

So Nehru had very little maneuvering space in terms of strategic decision. That must be kept in mind while finding answers to blunders of past.
What you have written is all well and good

the prevailing atmosphere at that time was that the ARMED FORCES SHOULD BE DISBANDED .

this led to a firm and strong reluctance to develop the military and indeed to look in to the myriad of options open to us

we could have formed joint venture defences , we didnt
we could have taken pre-emptive action - we didnt ( later Shashtri used such an option, only after taking loss in aksai area and learnign that lesson )
we could have developed weapons industry - we didnt
we could have at least given our men winter clothing - we didnt

from the simplest options, eg gloves for cold weather , to medium sophistication measures eg manufacture our own automaatic guns and bullets to more sophisticated options eg JV defence measures with usa or uk, ( usa was willing to help us especially after their defeat in korea )

including totally ignoring usa's warning that ccpchina had already built access roads to aksai area - all this was deliberately ignored

why ? because there was an overwhelming atmosphere that military option wqas a sacred cow not to be touched not to be considered and ANY AND ALL types of military and strategic thinking was to be completely avoided and taboo

so while we may look at each event separately eg gave BG away , didnt prepare for aksai despite usa intelligence info given to us , gave away coc island , supposedly gave away p5 seat etc etc miles of mistakes,, the over-arching reason iis that a strategic mindset did not exist in the gov of India whereas in china and pakistan , they were very well developed in such areas .

now ----- who was responsible for that

are we man enough to face the facts

was it Nehru, or was he merely following the policy of his "boss" MR G ?
was the lack of military strategic thinking a characteristic of cong ,....... till this day ?
perhaps initiated and started by Mr G ??

are we willing to go there ? or is that sacred territory ?

of so , then this topic cannot be discussed in it's fullness and we will only have some approximate ideas

but you know entirely unexpectedly by posting this , i actually get a sense of closure on the huge and gigantic question of why my beloved people who live in my ancestral land despite their huge talents and abilities , performed so miserably in the past , especially the early days of 1947 up to 1968 ... so even if no one likes the post , its of great satisfaction to me .....i can only hope we steer well clear of the foolishness of the past . With Mr M inviting taiwan political legislature to India plus many of his other initiatives , too many to mention here , i feel we are making a great start in the right direction ....may i say Jai Hind even though i live abroad ?

Best Regards to all and no offence meant to anyone ,
R

@IndianHawk @Willy2

@Krusty@lcafanboy
@nick_indian@Deadshot Para Guy@Google@republic_roi97@Defcon 1 @GhanteshwarSER=21606]@Ramdasrathsuryavanshi[/USER]@vinay535@Darth Malgus USER=14856]@Rushil51[/USER]@rishivashista13
@Ramdasrathsuryavanshi@Imaxxx@Eastman @raheel besharam@Bullet@raja696@LordOfTheUnderworlds

@Amr
@AnkitPurohit@Akshay_Fenix@aditya10r@Akaskkumar@airtel@angeldude13@aditya10r@Abhijat@AncientIndian@anupamsurey@aliyah @@Alien@AravindSanjeev @Achauhan@asingh10@AdityaG@asianobserve@Bahamut @BATTLEFIELD@Berkut@bose@Bornubus@brational@blueblood@Blackwater
@Blood+@bhai-117@Bangalorean@bengalraider
@Bengal_Tiger@biswas_k11 @BharatEkKhoj @BroodFather @cobracommando@Chirag @ChrisJude@Chinmoy@Cadian@DingDong@dhananjay1@ersakthivel@FRYCRY
@G10@Gessler@garg_bharat@guru-dutt @HariSud
@hit&run@hardip@HeinzGud@indiandefencefan@I_PLAY_BAD @IndianDevil@Indibomber@IndianHawk@Jangaruda
@JayPatel@jackprince@Kshatriya87@kstriya@LETHALFORCE@laughingbuddha@mhk99@Mikesingh@mayfair@MetsaMan@Markantony@manutdfan@maomao @NavneetKundu@Neil@NickyG@OneGrimPilgrim@pmaitra@parijataka@PaliwalWarrior@Pulkit@PrashantAzazel@rahulsingh@Rowdy@Razor@Rashna@[email protected]@shade@sasum@smestarz @SakalGhareluUstad@Srinivas_K@ShashankSharma@SANITY
@sunnyv@sgarg@sabari@Sameet2@saik@sorcerer@Superdefender@sydsnyper@Sridevi@SREEKAR@Screambowl@Sylex21@square@TacticalFrog@TejasMK3@Theenlightened
@TamilER]@tejaswarior@tharun@thethinker@tsunami@TODELU@VIP@VaghaDeva@Vishwarupa@VishalGuts@Yusuf@Yumdoot@Zebra

Last edited:

dhananjay1

Because it's relatively easy to control the valley with it's natural borders and flat terrain. The hill regions with it's very difficult terrain and climate along with it's almost completely Muslim population that didn't want to be in India is another thing. Nehru being an imbecile and Hindu hater is beside the point.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles