Why China has so few friends?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Magic 13 years again?LOL
BTW, what r u doing at that time? LOL
LOLGuy,

I didn't understand your question. Make it more comprehensible henceforth.

In case you didn't understand my post, your economy was liberalized in 1979, and India's in 1991. And that is the damn truth.

I seriously didn't understand the "btw what r u doing" part. Try again.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
LOLGuy,

I didn't understand your question. Make it more comprehensible henceforth.

In case you didn't understand my post, your economy was liberalized in 1979, and India's in 1991. And that is the damn truth.

I seriously didn't understand the "btw what r u doing" part. Try again.
Dude, try to grasp his meaning in one post, he's running out of IDs...(Lol)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Nimo.

Bangalorean has replied on the issue you replied to my reply to your post and so I will not add, even though I could.

I would like to go by AV's indications.

Pintu

Nice guy 20111's duplicate a/c Nice Guy 2011 is banned by the Staff members. We here at DFI honour logical, respectful and troll free discussion without flaming, and we expect our respectable members to co operate with us, else it will be painful for us to take some drastic measures.

Regards

kickok1975

Niceguy2011, you need show some respect to this forum if you want to participate in discussion. No mattery how much you hate people here it's their forum not yours, you can choose to leave if you don't like it but you should not manipulate it. You can always change different name but you still remain the seemo LOL guy unless you learn how to discuss. So get a real user name and discuss like a sane man.

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Friendship happens between individuals, NOT between nations.

If China doesn't have any "friends", that is perfectly okay. No country has any friends.

kickok1975

Friendship happens between individuals, NOT between nations.
Friendship is not what I meant to discuss when I started this thread at first place. What I'm trying to achieve is a debate from different sides and opinions on why China got into today's situation since many Chinese members probably don't have much chances to hear opinions from other side of mountain. Unfortunately many comments got on fire and went into personal attack which reflects how emotional and immature some members are. That's probably reason why sometimes nation also behaves irrational and silly the same way.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Kickok,

It takes all sorts to make the world!

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise......

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

:

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Very silly arguments. :tsk:
Thanks for replying my silly arguments

Firstly, I don't see any Indians "bragging" about relations with America. If you have been on this forum long enough, you should know that. And what's that about 1971? Do you know something about what the situations were at that time, and how it is different today, or do you simply type for the sake of it? Looks like the latter.
Look at my profile, pay atttention to the registration date and the rank. No intention to show off, I just want to tell you that I have been here longer than you and many other Indian members.

Many Indian members in this forum, including many senior members here believe America will treat India better than China as if some kind of friendship really exists between India and America. That is why I said you forgot what the Americans did to you in 1971.
http://defenceforumindia.com/foreign-relations/26922-us-forces-had-orders-target-indian-army.html
http://defenceforumindia.com/military-history/5943-1971-war-how-us-tried-corner-india.html

If we were 1971, i wonder any of you will come up with a thread titled "why India has so few friends"

And I also took Russia for example to prove to you that India doesn't have so many friends as you expected.

You asked how it is different today. Well, that answer is quite simple, America cornered you in 1971 because that was in their interest, same reason why they are favoring today. And if it is necessary, I believe they won't hesistate to do the same thing to India again in the future.

I am typing here to tell Chinese members that there is nothing we should feel sorry for our country lacking friends. Seems most Chinese membes here understand that except one.

And I am also telling Indians that there is nothing worth gloating, you have been through all of this. Enjoying on the enemy's misfortune might be a good thing, but don't indulge in it.

India 'annexing' "South Asian" countries? Listen, India would have done it long back to Nepal and Bhutan if that was the case. And we would have absorbed Bangladesh in 1971 instead of declaring them independent. Use some common sense please. Get out of the CPC propaganda machine. And what's that about China not allowing India? Buddy, China is nothing. Can do absolutely nothing. We took Sikkim, we split up your taller-deeper friend into two, and what could you do? You simply talk, and have an over-inflated view of your own abilities.
If being in an Indian forum and reading foreign news report is not getting out of CPC propaganda, I wonder what else is.

Yes, you have done pretty well in bullying around, splitting Pakistan, annexing Sikkim( isn't that proof of India annexing SA countries), but how is the situation now? Every country in that region is getting wary of India. The Bangladesh you created, how do you get along with them? Pakistan's nuke, making you unsleep every night? Sri Lanka, importing weapons from China instead of India?

Can you annex another Sikkim? Can you split another South Asian country?

Well, it is way off topic, I will have another argument with you at the right thread.

By the way, it is not that you haven't thought about annexing Bangladesh, there is a thread talking about annexing Bangladesh, and another thread talking about annexing Nepal in this forum, you can search if you want.

And I see that Chinese on the internet have a swelled head about their "growth". You need periodic reminders that your economy was liberalized 13 years before India's. You have a head start of 13 years, so there is nothing surprising in China's being around a decade ahead. Chinese seem to think that they are some chosen people who are greater in some way than the Indians. It is just about timing and head start, nothing more, nothing less. Understand that, and understand it well.
Off topic again.

Maybe you should ask why it took a democratic India 13 years longer than a communism China to figure out that they need to reform.

We could forestall you before, we will forestall in the future.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Friendship is not what I meant to discuss when I started this thread at first place. What I'm trying to achieve is a debate from different sides and opinions on why China got into today's situation since many Chinese members probably don't have much chances to hear opinions from other side of mountain. Unfortunately many comments got on fire and went into personal attack which reflects how emotional and immature some members are. That's probably reason why sometimes nation also behaves irrational and silly the same way.
kickok, that is exremely considerate of you, isn't it?

However, would you mind explaining to me why being in the forum isn't a chance of knowing the opinions from other side of mountain? Why do we need you to open such a thread where Indians could humiliate Chinese and China at their will?

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Many Indian members in this forum, including many senior members here believe America will treat India better than China as if some kind of friendship really exists between India and America. That is why I said you forgot what the Americans did to you in 1971.
http://defenceforumindia.com/foreign-relations/26922-us-forces-had-orders-target-indian-army.html
http://defenceforumindia.com/military-history/5943-1971-war-how-us-tried-corner-india.html
Everyone here knows america is not friend of any country and we dont seek there friendship either only cooperation in certain areas that are beneficial to both. You think Indians are yankee puppets ? nearly every post of mine is negative towards usa.

Dont believe ? read my posts on those threads you have posted.

redragon

Country flag

However, would you mind explaining to me why being in the forum isn't a chance of knowing the opinions from other side of mountain? Why do we need you to open such a thread where Indians could humiliate Chinese and China at their will?
He has the "loser's logic" burned deep to his bones, that explain everything, and he is also hopless naive.
He opened this tread served only one purpose, mental masterbation, in his own world, he believe doing so will make himself look good by others, which shows down deep, he is so ashame about China or the fact of being a Chinese, he is so desperate to show that he is a "different or civilized Chinese".

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
He has the "loser's logic" burned deep to his bones, that explain everything, and he is also hopless naive.
He opened this tread served only one purpose, mental masterbation, in his own world, he believe doing so will make himself look good by others, which shows down deep, he is so ashame about China or the fact of being a Chinese, he is so desperate to show that he is a "different or civilized Chinese".
No wonder all of you are zombies of ccp. Person who can think for himself rather than being fed information is shunned.

You chinis truly need enlightenment.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

If we were 1971, i wonder any of you will come up with a thread titled "why India has so few friends"

And I also took Russia for example to prove to you that India doesn't have so many friends as you expected.

You asked how it is different today. Well, that answer is quite simple, America cornered you in 1971 because that was in their interest, same reason why they are favoring today. And if it is necessary, I believe they won't hesitate to do the same thing to India again in the future.

I am typing here to tell Chinese members that there is nothing we should feel sorry for our country lacking friends. Seems most Chinese membes here understand that except one.

And I am also telling Indians that there is nothing worth gloating, you have been through all of this. Enjoying on the enemy's misfortune might be a good thing, but don't indulge in it.

If being in an Indian forum and reading foreign news report is not getting out of CPC propaganda, I wonder what else is.

Yes, you have done pretty well in bullying around, splitting Pakistan, annexing Sikkim( isn't that proof of India annexing SA countries), but how is the situation now? Every country in that region is getting wary of India. The Bangladesh you created, how do you get along with them? Pakistan's nuke, making you unsleep every night? Sri Lanka, importing weapons from China instead of India?

Can you annex another Sikkim? Can you split another South Asian country?

Well, it is way off topic, I will have another argument with you at the right thread.

By the way, it is not that you haven't thought about annexing Bangladesh, there is a thread talking about annexing Bangladesh, and another thread talking about annexing Nepal in this forum, you can search if you want.

Off topic again.

Maybe you should ask why it took a democratic India 13 years longer than a communism China to figure out that they need to reform.

We could forestall you before, we will forestall in the future.
Couple of points for consideration.

1. The situation of 1971 and today 2011 with nearly 40 year past is different. The world is different. Friends, allies and foes are different. The geopolitical and geo-strategic realities are different.

Therefore, to believe what happened in 1971 is relevant today would be misplaced.

One should not lose sight of the famous foreign policy adage goes - There are no permanent friends or enemies. There are only permanent interests

2. It was only a few years ago, China was the toast of the world. All were congregating and knocking at China's door. That is not happening now. Why not? Therefore, don't you think that the Chinese should pause and ponder as to what they are doing that is making that old black magic fade? Why are the old friend no longer calling with flower and bouquets? Therefore, the sole Chinese who is concerned as to why China is losing friends, is possibly anguished that his country which was the toast of the world is no longer having champagne cascades overflowing everywhere.

3. I wonder if Indians are gloating at China's discomfort. I don't think so. At best, they are finding it a comfort that China is realising what is the world reality and are hoping that China would put their shoulders to the mill with the others to ensure happiness and prosperity in the region as equal partners and no more!

4. It is true that old black magic in the USSR India equation is no longer there. Unfortunate, but that is the reality of the changing global scenario in all its facts, economic, political, strategic. However, there is still a brisk equation on even if not at the pace of old times!

Yes, we do read foreign newspapers, foreign analysis and so on. We would have loved to read the Chinese analysis too, but then they are in Chinese. And we do not know Chinese, but we do know English. We also miss out on analysis in Russian too! I will share my views on the Chinese reportage. It does not give the reality and there being no independent and private news and reports source in China, the outage that comes out is what the Chinese Govt puts out through its media. The official view, be it in any country, is whitewashed to make the Govt look good. Unless there are private and independent source of news in China, it would be difficult to believe what comes out of China.

We did not split Pakistan. The shot themselves in the leg! The called themselves as a democracy and when Mujib won hands down with a huge majority, they did not hand over power to Mujib since they always treated Bengalis of Pakistan as second class. You may check this out for yourself if you wish. Then their Army went on a rampage and people fled into India. What happened and why is history!

We did not annex Sikkim. Please check the records and see how the events panned out and you will have a better picture of what happened and why. Sikkim was a Protectorate and so was Bhutan. If India annexed Sikkim, then couldn't India to the same to Bhutan? They did not because there was no cause to do so! Therefore, Sikkim was not really annexed as you would like to believe.

Every country is not wary of India. Bangladesh is not. Have you not noticed the bon homie? Have you not noted what the Sri Lankan President said about the offer to build a port was first given to India and then when India declined it was given to China? If they were wary, then why should they offer the project to India first and not to China first?

Even Pakistan has changed tack!

So, Indian foreign policy is decided by posts on a forum? That is rich! If one went by the posts on threads in a forum, then possibly China would have been annexed by now!

:rofl:

That line of debate indicates your frustration since it is very very juvenile!

What exactly are you implying by China having forestalled us before and can do so again in the future?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

You can of course learn of the opinions on this side of the mountain, but then the opinions that you gathered is neither representative of the Indian Govt policies, nor is it a wide cross section of the private opinions of the entire Indian population!

See, assimilate, but don't get carried away because the opinions are neither official or really representative.

He may have opened the thread to see what a small cross section of India and others feel about the latest developments against China and thereafter check what China should do to counter the same. It is called feedback!

Same thing that Mao encouraged - self criticism jiǎntǎo (检讨).

Clever man he was. By this he knew exactly who was saying things against the State and the CCP took necessary action!

How else do you think the Red Guards knew who exactly to attack and humiliate?

Forewarned is Forearmed!

Last edited:

redragon

Country flag
No wonder all of you are zombies of ccp. Person who can think for himself rather than being fed information is shunned.

I am simply address what I think about what he believes, please explain why you think my thinking is "fed information" from CCP? The interests are the ever lasting "friendship" between countries, this is my believing, that is reason why I express my thinking to Kickok's statement in that way, do you have different idea about my believing? or does India has different way of looking at international relationship? really would like to know, please enlighten me the difference Indian has on this

ice berg

Couple of points for consideration.

One should not lose sight of the famous foreign policy adage goes - There are no permanent friends of enemy. There are only permanent interests

Spot on!

2. It was only a few years ago, China was the toast of the world. All were congregating and knocking at China's door. That is not happening now. Why not? Therefore, don't you think that the Chinese should pause and ponder as to what they are doing that is making that old black magic fade? Why are the old friend no longer calling with flower and bouquets? Therefore, the sole Chinese who is concerned as to why China is losing friends, is possibly anguished that his country which was the toast of the world is no longer having champagne cascades overflowing everywhere.
Toast of the world? You got be kidding. When was that exactly? All I can remember is a poor third world country that is just recently rising fra the ruins of past mistakes. You are a "toast" of the world when you are weak and do not pose any threats. maybe you get a pat on the back occasinally, so what? What is permanent interests if you are so weak that any one can exploit you. Of all countries, India and China should know better than that. A stabile growth and good trade relations with other countries is what is important for China. I will rather be an economic powerhouse than somebodys "toast". Leave that fancy title for somebody else.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Red D,

I have not understood what you are aiming to say.

I don't think anyone is Looking at London and Talking to Tokyo!

p2prada

My dear Chinese friends. You guys are taking kickoks first post too literally. The "friends" part is quite rhetorical. It isn't like how friends works between two people. It's not like the US and UK will meet up in Brazil and smoke pot and smack all the b!tches at the strip joint.

China had "friends" and now most of those friends are enemies. The kind of friendship you have had with the west before 1989 and after 1989 is quite contrasting. For over 15 years you were the darling of the world and then suddenly became what no country should become(morally not financially) and have stayed that way. The way you deal with your neighbours(Philippines, Vietnam, S. Korea and maybe even Japan) isn't what is called acceptable by any standards. Even we have an enemy in Pakistan and we still deal diplomatically with them without all the browbeating. Even during the cold war when India was looked down on by the west, we at least had a friend in the USSR. Today you don't have a single great power by your side.

BTW, the current economic crisis has presented China with an opportunity to right some of the wrongs. Bailing out the Eurozone will bring goodwill from China to the people of the west. But if you still try beating down your neighbours using threats then that would go nowhere in lifting this deceitful veil you have knowingly or unknowingly built around yourself.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles