Why China failed in creating own brands

s002wjh

Country flag
Don't know where u get the idea that China has less research than India. Anyway I'm done with this silly argument

amoy

Nations with low labor costs do not produce brands.
u're wrong on this I like Assam tea (kinda a brand recognition now) a lot that's produced from a low-labour country.

the claim by the original post that foreign brands have a deep penetration in China just attests to my point in another post that Chinese market is more open than Indian.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Country flag
Brands are usually associated with status or a lifestyle even low cost products like jeans
Or soda. Assam tea or bollywood or Chinese dishes or karate movies etc are more of a
Genre. Assam tea is famous over the world made more famous by lipton brand.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
Don't know where u get the idea that China has less research than India. Anyway I'm done with this silly argument
by research I mean innovation
most of chinese equipment are copies of western systems
on other hand indians have innovated missiles, rudra,arjun,tejas etc. Without copy ,actually we chose to buy equipment which are needed instead of copying them

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
I guess lenovo is a very famous chinese brand.

Illusive

Country flag
Innovation and aggressive advertisement is key. brand awareness is also very important. Now many people in India will know about Huwei cause they are sponsoring a popular IPL team.

Compersion

Country flag
Tata, Airtel, Reliance, Godrej, Mahindra, Birla, Bajaj, ITC, Sun Pharma, Lupin, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Vedanta and more. These are much more valuable, sustainable and heavy-duty "brands" compared to what PRC has to offer.

All of these are diversifying into other regions and wherever they are going they are making a good and big difference.

One cannot place a monetary value on what the above are doing and going to do.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The quality of the product makes the brand.

India has many international brands.

Quality.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
@abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Wipro,Infosys are actually quite shitty brands @LurkerBaba is a better guy to respond here.
Shitty brands...really..? :shocked:

Anyone who has visibility into the business aspect of really big IT contracts (starting from 500 million USD) would tell you otherwise.

TCS is the business-technology outsourcing guerrilla that no one denies, since it successfully competes & wins against likes of IBM, Accenture, CSC etc....in any & all domains including legacy application modernization.

In the IMS space, HCL is fast zooming past everyone else & is getting contracts that were with IBM's for decades. Even niche, reputed federal accounts (some, that cannot be named), the bastions of above 3 MNC players has already been breached & is getting conquered steadily & visibly.

Even, Tech Mahindra & Wipro have already emerged as a Jack of all trades be it IMS or ADM & are giving the MNC's a run for their money.

In ADM & SMAAC space, there is no stopping Cognizant (once headquartered in India).

If the scorching pace of growth continues (& there is every possibility that it would only accelerate owing to macro-economic environment & other commercial drivers), within a decade, these 4-5 companies would be the global IT giants to reckon with. Already Some of these are even becoming employer of choice in UK & Central-East EU because they are growing, offer real growth (beyond lip-service) & are snatching contracts from the outsourcing biggies.

I have worked (& currently working) for MNC giants & I know my rivals (these Indian IT players) in & out. Be it, strength, weakness, opportunity or threat.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
After Alibaba IPO, people in US would also come to know of 1 Chinese brand.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
Do enlighten me on this!

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2
the main point is innovation where china lacks behind india
now you will say how
well most of chinese equipment produced by china is copy of russian or western equipment like hq9,j15,j10,type99 and much more
on other hand india producer own weapons with innovation
eg. Arjun, tejas,astra, akash, arihant,kolkata class, shivalik class etc.
all over the world china is known for nothing but cost effectiveness( I don't like word cheap personally)
and except lenovo not many know about chinese equipment .
and on other hand india atleast have some brands like tata, reliance etc.
the report indicates just 45% purchase of chinese products by china and in india import export gap is 10 percent 95% is import of oil and gold (that's too from indian companies like hindustan petroleum etc) and fdi is just 26% so condition much feverable to indian companies

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
why are you guys helping them to discover and thus be able to correct their weaknesses ?

we should either leave them be or even congratulate them ! ? :rolleyes::tsk:

nimo_cn

Country flag
the main point is innovation where china lacks behind india
now you will say how
well most of chinese equipment produced by china is copy of russian or western equipment like hq9,j15,j10,type99 and much more
on other hand india producer own weapons with innovation
eg. Arjun, tejas,astra, akash, arihant,kolkata class, shivalik class etc.
all over the world china is known for nothing but cost effectiveness( I don't like word cheap personally)
and except lenovo not many know about chinese equipment .
and on other hand india atleast have some brands like tata, reliance etc.
the report indicates just 45% purchase of chinese products by china and in india import export gap is 10 percent 95% is import of oil and gold (that's too from indian companies like hindustan petroleum etc) and fdi is just 26% so condition much feverable to indian companies
i believe we were talking about cheap labor force.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

amoy

A good sample of Chinese brand charting its course globally - Geely :lol:

China's Geely targets Russia sales push with Belarus venture
Geely is already the top-selling Chinese carmaker in Russia, according to the Association of European Businesses (AEB), followed closely by Lifan, Great Wall and Chery.

While total sales of new cars in Russia fell for the fourth straight month in June, Geely recorded growth, taking market share from Western peers and Russia's AvtoVAZ, which still dominate the market, AEB data showed.

Geely said the capacity of the Belarus plant would eventually rise to allow it to supply Russia, Ukraine and other former Soviet states.

Its sales in Russia and Ukraine are already "particularly strong," it said in a statement. According to the AEB, first-half sales of Geely cars increased 87 percent to 11,701 units.

Russia's auto market is expected to overtake Germany and become the largest in Europe -- and the fifth biggest globally -- by 2020, attracting foreign carmakers faced with lack of growth in developed markets.
Chinese Car Sales up 88% in Russia | World | RIA Novosti

Geely announces $11 billion investment in Volvo

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles