Why cant Bollywood make good action movies like Hollywood?

ninja85

All Bollywood movies have, are love stories, there are 1 girl and 1 boy, random dance etc BS.

India has rich history, we can make good war movies, why we cant make good war movies like War Of The arrows, Little Big Soldier, Red Cliff, Bang Rajan 2, Saving Private Ryan or like this? I am basically fed up with Bollywood's endless love stories.
basically bakwaas bollywood makes two kinds of movies one is typical bullsh*t,boy meets girl and then their love life troubles,
another kind is socio-political bullsh*t dramas like rape,murder,reservation,aarakshan,uposhan etc.:rofl::laugh::lol:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Bollywood still makes good movies related to war, Indian Armed forces, counter terrorism etc... however, I must admit, the numbers are very few compared to same old love and drama themes.

I watched latest movie related to counter terrorism today, it was in fact good.

Holiday (2014) - IMDb
A military officer attempts to hunt down a terrorist, destroy a terrorist gang and deactivate the sleeper cells under its command.
Those so called "films" related to defense/security etc are again based on boy-girl romance crap.

For example Border,LoC,Lakshya etc as they had too stretched romance of various heros.

The movie Shaurya was much better and serious as a defense related film SHOULD be.

Last edited:

pmaitra

What is a "good" action movie?

Like James Bond, who kills tens of Kalashnikov wielding soldiers with his handgun and doesn't get shot? I think there are quite a few movies in India like that, with flying tractors, and a dancing man moving a train. :lol:

kseeker

Retired
Those so called "films" related to defense/security etc are again based on boy-girl romance crap.

For example Border,LoC,Lakshya etc as they had too stretched romance of various heros.
I agree on this.

Even Holiday(2014) has bit of love & drama however, not too much.

Kaalapani

Tihar Jail
Banned

Like James Bond, who kills tens of Kalashnikov wielding soldiers with his handgun and doesn't get shot? I think there are quite a few movies in India like that, with flying tractors, and a dancing man moving a train. :lol:
James Bond is British version of Sunny Deol.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Another example of this is Rambo where Rambo speaks little and kills a million Russians without ever taking a bullet.

As for our films I have already stated that Ray`s films were a masterpiece. Even Nolan and others would not be able to recreate that with his budget.

The recent Hindi/Bengali film are really disgusting. Otherwise which film would have an actor taking cover behind a bicycle?????(Mithun da)

Only Mithunda can hide behind a bicycle - 9GAG

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Another example of this is Rambo where Rambo speaks little and kills a million Russians without ever taking a bullet.

As for our films I have already stated that Ray`s films were a masterpiece. Even Nolan and others would not be able to recreate that with his budget.

The recent Hindi/Bengali film are really disgusting. Otherwise which film would have an actor taking cover behind a bicycle?????(Mithun da)

Only Mithunda can hide behind a bicycle - 9GAG
A million Russians.... :scared2:

I really liked First blood though (i.e. Rambo 1). It is one of my favorite Stallone movies.
Rambo 2: okay, meh
Rambo 3: Just anti-soviet propaganda
Rambo 4: meh

First Blood closing credits song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPjz1O6H6ZY

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
A million Russians.... :scared2:

I really liked First blood though (i.e. Rambo 1). It is one of my favorite Stallone movies.
Rambo 2: okay, meh
Rambo 3: Just anti-soviet propaganda
Rambo 4: meh

First Blood closing credits song
Dan Hill - It's a Long Road + lyrics - YouTube
It was a figure of speech. It was a metaphor that I used though it can be true literally too. I did not count the number of Russians he killed. All the Stallone films from Rocky to Rambo were mere anti Soviet propaganda.

Free Karma

It was a figure of speech. It was a metaphor that I used though it can be true literally too. I did not count the number of Russians he killed. All the Stallone films from Rocky to Rambo were mere anti Soviet propaganda.
Rocky-25,he comes back to fight after he 9000000 years old, still wins :D :D

pkroyal

A few Hollywood directors have served the Army or Marines ( Oliver Stone is one)

They have a good perspective of what is going on!!

Our films are full of fluff as the average viewer does not want to understand the nuances of life in forces etc.

Regarding action films without a Fauji backdrop ? well less said the better, fleshing out the characters is a real challenge for the script writer, most of the

A grade Bollywood male actors play themselves in the movies, will they take a crew cut for a role that demands it ??

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Bollywood military movies are hilarious as far as depiction of the military goes.

Check their uniform, their medal ribbons, cap badges, lanyard and salute.

Total mismatch.

The hero goes into battle thrashing the enemy and he is shown in an earlier freame at home with an ASC cap badge wearing the lanyard on the Left!

ASC is not a combat arm, it is a service and since they were awarded the Royal prefix for good work in WW II, they wear the lanyard on the Right.

And some of the salutes they 'throw' are worse than what the politicians display during the various military parades that some politicians are invited as Reviewing Officer.

Therefore, one should not expect them to be anywhere close to Hollywood.

Even the BBC television sitcom 'Allo 'Allo! TV serial is more authentic in portrayal than Indian films.

Last edited by a moderator:

ITBP

@Ray you forgot to add every time a hero gets shot immediately in flashback his wife or mother appears. :lough: Emotion is good but to such extent is moronic.

Tango Charlie is good in action though.

Btw what is ASC? :hmm:

thethinker

Country flag
Among the recent crop of Bollywood military movies, Madras Cafe has been quite good but didn't gross much at box office. It had all the elements of intelligence business and covert ops field operations.

The average Indian movie goer likes to see Indian armed forces as a backdrop rather then the actual story. Recent Akshay Kumar movie "Holiday" did well even if it was inaccurate and illogical.

So sadly Bollywood movies seem to be based on what the crowd needs and what really sells rather then being creative or authentic.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Ray you forgot to add every time a hero gets shot immediately in flashback his wife or mother appears. :lough: Emotion is good but to such extent is moronic.

Tango Charlie is good in action though.

Btw what is ASC? :hmm:
ASC is Army Service Corps

The ASC is mainly responsible for the provisioning, procurement and distribution of Supplies, FOL, Fuels, Hygiene Chemicals and items of Hospital Comforts to Army, Air Force and when required for Navy and other para military forces. The operation of Mechanical Transport except first line transport and fighting vehicles and the provision and operation of first and second line Animal Transport is also the responsibility of the ASC. The other responsibilities include carriage and distribution of ammunition including mines, forward of the Corps Maintenance Area in the field in case of plains, and forward of Divisional Maintenance Area in case of mountain formation, packing of commodities for supply, loading of aircraft and ejection of loads, training and provisioning of clerks for all branches of staff at formation headquarters and the training and provisioning of catering staff in the army.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Cap badge of ASC

Yes, Madras Cafe was more authentic.

A family friend acted as lieutenant mallaya in Madras Cafe.

Last edited:

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
@pmaitra sir, real action movie is batman begins and its all parts
,transformer etc.
james bond is really stupid character and all of his movies are stupid. and the most stupid action movie of hollywood must be avenger..........

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
many hollywood action movies are anti-russian
I more like suspense movies than action like inception, source code, memento, pirates of caribbean , ocean etc.
though there are some good action movies like transformer, die hard, the dark knight trilogy, x man , spider man , ironman etc.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles