Why bullpups?

Logan

Country flag
Bullpups were always meant to replace the general style.But countries like Singapore,Israel,China learned through experiences in real war scenario the necessity of bullpups.They are good not just because they are light weight but much better in terms maneuverability in confined areas.However soldiers who are trained in traditional style guns may actually face a problem with adopting the bullpup straightaway as much of the weight of the rifle is in the rear.However that can be overcome with proper training. Also some bullpups have the problem of shell ejection directly on the face of the shooter but improvements in the designs is a dynamic phenomenon and better designing to overcome such a problem is always possible.Today even bullpup shy markets like USA are also being forced to rethink their stand on bullpups.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I don't see how you can have a problem with shell ejection with FAMAS. It ejects to the side and over your arm, adjustable for lefties too.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
That ejection can get jammed. I really don't want to have to pull a lever to clear it in the middle of fire.

Logan

Country flag
I don't see how you can have a problem with shell ejection with FAMAS. It ejects to the side and over your arm, adjustable for lefties too.
I think....i said....." some bullpups have the problem of shell ejection directly on the face of the shooter but improvements in the designs is a dynamic phenomenon and better designing to overcome such a problem is always possible."
SAR-21 for example does have this problem for left handed shooters..........I never included every bullpup in it..

jackal4me

Code:
China Vs. India: Assault Rifle Comparison
bro i think the comparision between INSAS and QBZ is pointless as they were both developed with diff reasons in their mind.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Code:
China Vs. India: Assault Rifle Comparison
bro i think the comparision between INSAS and QBZ is pointless as they were both developed with diff reasons in their mind.

The QBZ is a regular rifle for regular Infantry in PLA, Same goes for Insas in IA, both fell in same category of Regular`s battle rifle..
The point is Bullpup offers small size of the same rifle without decreasing its barrel length, hence its much better in close combat situations..
Insas is longer than QBZ, therefore its a disadvantage..

All IA regulars need Bullpup Insas or any for our requirement..

jackal4me

The QBZ is a regular rifle for regular Infantry in PLA, Same goes for Insas in IA, both fell in same category of Regular`s battle rifle..
The point is Bullpup offers small size of the same rifle without decreasing its barrel length, hence its much better in close combat situations..
Insas is longer than QBZ, therefore its a disadvantage..

All IA regulars need Bullpup Insas or any for our requirement..
ithink iread somewhere before that the INSAS was developed as a conventional type of rifle like FNFAL to add punch for hand to hand combat if the situation arises in the battle during the 80's thet's why i said it like that, if u have more info on this please share it with me and moreover we are developing a bullup rifle for our F-INSAS programme check the F-insas and MSMC thread for more info.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
ithink iread somewhere before that the INSAS was developed as a conventional type of rifle like FNFAL to add punch for hand to hand combat if the situation arises in the battle during the 80's thet's why i said it like that, if u have more info on this please share it with me and moreover we are developing a bullup rifle for our F-INSAS programme check the F-insas and MSMC thread for more info.
It was deigned coz IA likes traditional deign not for any other reason, the idea of bullpup came with induction of TAR-21 in IA, TAR-21 ability in CT environment is impressive, which also impressed IA top brass..

Btw, With help of our dear DFI member Sayareakd, I have briefly explained the Idea and the technology of F-INSAS in my thread call 'Bull-pup Assault rifle', Also It is the best explanation on the program i think..

http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/land-forces-army/12317-3.htm#post172217

Global Defence

New threads

Articles