Why are Jews Hated and Attacked????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Shakespeare in all probability had never actually met a Jew in his lifetime . The Jews of England were expelled on July 18, 1290, at the decree of Edward I and were only officially re-admitted by Oliver Cromwell in the year 1656, forty years after Shakespeare's death.
Really didnt know that fact from the past. Any reasons for them being expelled?

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Are the people warned prior to bombing runs? Do the Gazans do the same? Barricade yes, but comparing Gaza to WW2 Conc. camp, seriously you are moving the goalposts here !!:O

One Israeli ?? All those years of all possible methods of killing as many innocent Israeli citizens as possible and you say ask is the life of one Israeli more important than all Gazans, man IDK what to say to this :|
Now please dont twist my words. I didnt say only one Israeli was killed, I was just hitting out their pattern for attacks. They value their citizens, but they dont value the life of children and women. Thats what Matters to me. I say kill the attackers, not the children playing on a beach or whatever. Warnings?? You mean the so called Phone Calls to the houses??? Come on, be realistic man! What do you call those dead children and people lined up in the mortuaries?? What? Was their Cell phones Switched off? Or was it out of Coverage area???

Did the Gazans have a Proper Bomb Shelter??? or were they too Bombed??? Just think for once, Violence Begets Violence!

I was actually a supporter of the Israeli Actions, i.e until I came across Robert Fisk and had the honour of meeting him too and getting to know the real aspects, which I am sure, many of you havent come across or act like not seeing or just shrug it off.

Why did the UN recently critiscize the Reckless actions of Israel? They bombed the UN for petes sake! What was that for? Fog of War??? or is the UN Anti Semitic??? What about the hospitals being denied medicines? What about the blocade?? Why isnt anyone speaking of the blocade?

I blame ME countries more than anyone else, Its their failed policies which have brought in such a situation. Seriously, i am not boastful, but If you have seen What I have seen in the likes of Lebanon et al, You wouldnt justify any killing, be it of an Arab or an Israeli. I understood why Gandhi took up Non Violence after my many trips to the mid east, especially lebanon and my talks with Fisk.

Auberon

Now please dont twist my words. I didnt say only one Israeli was killed, I was just hitting out their pattern for attacks.
I see, and what do you think Israel should do when their citizens are killed? Excercise restraint?

They value their citizens, but they dont value the life of children and women. Thats what Matters to me. I say kill the attackers, not the children playing on a beach or whatever. Warnings?? You mean the so called Phone Calls to the houses???
Was it collateral damage or did Israel delibrately target women and children? If HAMAS uses women and children as human shield, is HAMAS the aggressor and culprit for their deaths or Israel?

Come on, be realistic man! What do you call those dead children and people lined up in the mortuaries?? What? Was their Cell phones Switched off? Or was it out of Coverage area???.
^^..If this your idea of realistic debate, then no thanks, this level of maturity is not what I aspire for..^^

Did the Gazans have a Proper Bomb Shelter??? or were they too Bombed??? Just think for once, Violence Begets Violence!
Yes, I suppose Israel should build bomb shelters in Gaza for HAMAS to hide then. Violence begets violence, do the Gazans think of that when they openly support terrorist groups and talk of fighting the evil zionist enemy, fully aware that these very terrorists will kill innocent Israeli citizens?

I was actually a supporter of the Israeli Actions, i.e until I came across Robert Fisk and had the honour of meeting him too and getting to know the real aspects, which I am sure, many of you havent come across or act like not seeing or just shrug it off.
OK, acquaint us with these "real aspects" which we are unaware of or just shrug off.

Why did the UN recently critiscize the Reckless actions of Israel? They bombed the UN for petes sake! What was that for? Fog of War??? or is the UN Anti Semitic??? What about the hospitals being denied medicines?
Its Israel's war for survival, not the UN's. You've answered your question - fog of war, however if that doesn't fit into your overall evil UN-and-women-children-killing Israel image, you are free to assume whatever you want. Feel free to post a citation or link on where Israel is denying medicines to hospitals and why.

What about the blocade?? Why isnt anyone speaking of the blocade?
OMG man, honestly, really, tell me, how many times have you read about the poor-opressed Palestinians and how many times have you heard people talk about the atrocities tacitly approved and encouraged by those Palestinians on the Israelis?

I blame ME countries more than anyone else, Its their failed policies which have brought in such a situation. Seriously, i am not boastful, but If you have seen What I have seen in the likes of Lebanon et al, You wouldnt justify any killing, be it of an Arab or an Israeli. I understood why Gandhi took up Non Violence after my many trips to the mid east, especially lebanon and my talks with Fisk
I also blame the ME countries and the Palestinians themselves. I am all for peace but TBH, I don't see what other options Israel has.

rock45

Founding Member/ RIP our friend
Jews were denied social status or land, and they weren't allowed to be merchants, so they became bankers and accountants.
* Not really how it happen because they were denied being citizens they were chosen to run the banking systems because it was felt they were outsiders and that they could be trusted and and not take sides. Its more complex then what I'm explaining

Obviously, everybody hates the moneylender because everyone owes him money, so when the economy went bad during the middle ages, people found it convenient to blame the "dirty jew" for their crisis. This solved two problems - it got rid of their debts, and it found them a scapegoat
* Again more complex then this and a little different by country how it happen being different and looking different made it easy for other to hate them when things went bad.

(
obviously, the christ-killing jew who drank the blood of Christian babies was responsible for all the evil in the world)
* I have never heard this before drinking the blood of Christian babies. To me history was written incorrectly by those who want to control the masses. Basically Christ was a breakaway Jew trying to start a new religion not liked by the current jews for that and not by the Romans in charge at the time who saw him as a threat who by the way were killing jews too. The Romans killed Christ and re-wrote history later not to be forever blamed for it.

Even today, when the banks collapsed a lot of people began to blame "the jews", due to their disproportionate representation in the banking industry.
* What? The jews don't control the US banking system it's not Hollywood, people just hate the jews because of the Christ thing rammed into out heads since we were kids.

If the crusades would have reach India a lot of Christens would have killed Hindus anybody different was killed jews were killed as well and others, all in the name of god. Right!

History is written by who had power at the time doesn't mean it was right. Think the Roman's using the ' Catholic Church" just starting out and trying to keep their empire alive and hold onto their power etc are going to say a hundreds or years later "by the way we killed Christ" I don't think so. The fact is the Roman's killed him the jews was slaves like everybody in the region. It was Rome's way or you die period nothing different then any other country they had control over. The Romans used the Catholic Church just to keep control a little longer nothing more nothing less.
When the new religion is based where the Roman empire has ruled for hundreds or years and where the new church has power basically all the former Roman empire, Its hard to keep people following you when you sort support the people who killed gods son right, think about it.
The Church would have never let history be written like that or it would have been moved from Rome and that couldn't be or they wouldn't had control or the power.

There are good things in all religions it's just man who twisted them for their own greed and power. It's not who god tell some crazies to strap on a bomb and go down to the market and kill woman and children shopping for their daily food right, it's a man telling that brainwashed fool to do it. And it's man or that brainwashed fool who listens.

The world going to be a mess up place for many years unless the brainwashing stops.

My two cents on religion.

Flint

rock45, I understand that things are a lot more complicated than what I wrote, but to give a better explanation I'll have to devote several paragraphs which I'm rather loath to do ;)

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I see, and what do you think Israel should do when their citizens are killed? Excercise restraint?

Was it collateral damage or did Israel delibrately target women and children? If HAMAS uses women and children as human shield, is HAMAS the aggressor and culprit for their deaths or Israel?

^^..If this your idea of realistic debate, then no thanks, this level of maturity is not what I aspire for..^^

Yes, I suppose Israel should build bomb shelters in Gaza for HAMAS to hide then. Violence begets violence, do the Gazans think of that when they openly support terrorist groups and talk of fighting the evil zionist enemy, fully aware that these very terrorists will kill innocent Israeli citizens?

OK, acquaint us with these "real aspects" which we are unaware of or just shrug off.

Its Israel's war for survival, not the UN's. You've answered your question - fog of war, however if that doesn't fit into your overall evil UN-and-women-children-killing Israel image, you are free to assume whatever you want. Feel free to post a citation or link on where Israel is denying medicines to hospitals and why.

OMG man, honestly, really, tell me, how many times have you read about the poor-opressed Palestinians and how many times have you heard people talk about the atrocities tacitly approved and encouraged by those Palestinians on the Israelis?

I also blame the ME countries and the Palestinians themselves. I am all for peace but TBH, I don't see what other options Israel has.
No dont Exercise Restraint, go after the Killers but please, why the need to use weapons which are bound to kill far more than the killers themselves???

What has the recent Gaza offensive achieved? Tell me? Has the rocket attacks stopped? Has hamas, been trampled? NO! They are infact strong and Iran, their tacit supporters had the moral Victory it seems! Whatever that Means!

I have seen the Destruction caused to Lebanon in 06, due some foolish actions by the Hezbollah. But what did Israel achieve there?? A Destroyer nearly sunk, tens of tanks gone down under, and their Image as an invincible force thrashed and Not to mention Thousands of lives Ruined, both in Israel and Lebanon.

I say, give peace a chance, dont talk of bombing everyone at every chance you get. Show to the people that Hamas is the Violence mongers and not Israel. Show Mercy, Show Benevolence of a power like Israel should.

Lastly, One last Suggestion, Can you please imagine yourself as a Palestenian living in a blocaded Gaza, a Mother no able to feed her child? A Child Maimed? Put yourself in their shoes for a while. And If you ask me to put myself in the shoes of the Israelis living under Rocket attacks, dont bother because I have and Its Horrible too!

The only way out for the Palestenians is to Use Non Violence, because I am sure, Peace is the most deadly of weapons, when directed against Guns! If they keep supporting the Hamas and the corrupt Fatah, there wont be any hope, for them or For Israel. For how long will Israel go on fighting a war it cant win? Some Palestenians, out of their arrogance think they can take on Israel and Win, and the Israeli Govt thinks they can win by bombing and starving. Little do they understand that it is a never ending game of Suffering, in which a Generations to come will Perish.

PS: Now lets discuss why People still harbour anti JJew

Auberon

No dont Exercise Restraint, go after the Killers but please, why the need to use weapons which are bound to kill far more than the killers themselves???

What has the recent Gaza offensive achieved? Tell me? Has the rocket attacks stopped? Has hamas, been trampled? NO! They are infact strong and Iran, their tacit supporters had the moral Victory it seems! Whatever that Means!

I have seen the Destruction caused to Lebanon in 06, due some foolish actions by the Hezbollah. But what did Israel achieve there?? A Destroyer nearly sunk, tens of tanks gone down under, and their Image as an invincible force thrashed and Not to mention Thousands of lives Ruined, both in Israel and Lebanon.

I say, give peace a chance, dont talk of bombing everyone at every chance you get. Show to the people that Hamas is the Violence mongers and not Israel. Show Mercy, Show Benevolence of a power like Israel should.

Lastly, One last Suggestion, Can you please imagine yourself as a Palestenian living in a blocaded Gaza, a Mother no able to feed her child? A Child Maimed? Put yourself in their shoes for a while. And If you ask me to put myself in the shoes of the Israelis living under Rocket attacks, dont bother because I have and Its Horrible too!

The only way out for the Palestenians is to Use Non Violence, because I am sure, Peace is the most deadly of weapons, when directed against Guns! If they keep supporting the Hamas and the corrupt Fatah, there wont be any hope, for them or For Israel. For how long will Israel go on fighting a war it cant win? Some Palestenians, out of their arrogance think they can take on Israel and Win, and the Israeli Govt thinks they can win by bombing and starving. Little do they understand that it is a never ending game of Suffering, in which a Generations to come will Perish.

PS: Now lets discuss why People still harbour anti JJew
Because HAMAS doesn't hang around in the open, its an urban battle and they hide in areas where precision targetting is impossible.

You are not in Israel's position, so its very easy for you to question their achievements, the soldiers who fight for Israel would disagree with you.

Yes blame Israel for July war too huh, how about Lebanon shouldn't have sheltered Hezbollah, is that a possibility that strikes you?

Image as an invincible force thrashed, yes, should they have not agreed to ceasefire and kept fighting till Lebanon was totally destroyed then?

The people - I assume you've interacted with these people, they KNOW Hamas is evil and still support it, is that Israel's fault? Why should Israel show benevolence when these people show none?

I ll tell you something truthfully, though your inital comparison of the Gaza residents with WW2 conc. camp victims was way of the mark and frankly insulting to the survivors of those brutal camps, if I was in their place, I would never support these terrorist organisations.

TBVH I think Palestinians don't want peace at all, they want the annihilation of Israel. Iv heard enough people voicing their moral outrage at Israel's actions and how they should leave the Palestinians alone in peace, I also have a little wish , I wish the damn Palestinians would leave Israel in peace for some time. They should understand that they can neve win in an armed conflict and their Arab bretheren are only using them as political chess pieces. This is not the attitude I'v come across from the Palestinian community, at least online, they are just war-mongering people who ll speak of the atrocities committed on them but not think twice before condemning Israel to oblivion.

BACK TO TOPIC - Why do people hate Jews? IMO Apart from those people who pretty much hate everyone else, only radical Muslims hate Jews, as Jews are a threat to their power in the ME. What do you think?

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Because HAMAS doesn't hang around in the open, its an urban battle and they hide in areas where precision targetting is impossible.

You are not in Israel's position, so its very easy for you to question their achievements, the soldiers who fight for Israel would disagree with you.

Yes blame Israel for July war too huh, how about Lebanon shouldn't have sheltered Hezbollah, is that a possibility that strikes you?

Image as an invincible force thrashed, yes, should they have not agreed to ceasefire and kept fighting till Lebanon was totally destroyed then?

The people - I assume you've interacted with these people, they KNOW Hamas is evil and still support it, is that Israel's fault? Why should Israel show benevolence when these people show none?

I ll tell you something truthfully, though your inital comparison of the Gaza residents with WW2 conc. camp victims was way of the mark and frankly insulting to the survivors of those brutal camps, if I was in their place, I would never support these terrorist organisations.

TBVH I think Palestinians don't want peace at all, they want the annihilation of Israel. Iv heard enough people voicing their moral outrage at Israel's actions and how they should leave the Palestinians alone in peace, I also have a little wish , I wish the damn Palestinians would leave Israel in peace for some time. They should understand that they can neve win in an armed conflict and their Arab bretheren are only using them as political chess pieces. This is not the attitude I'v come across from the Palestinian community, at least online, they are just war-mongering people who ll speak of the atrocities committed on them but not think twice before condemning Israel to oblivion.

BACK TO TOPIC - Why do people hate Jews? IMO Apart from those people who pretty much hate everyone else, only radical Muslims hate Jews, as Jews are a threat to their power in the ME. What do you think?
Lets get on topic now----> Radical Islamists hate everyone, not only Jews. For them I am an Infidel for voicing concern for the Israelis killed in the rocket attacks. They dont understand that I also want the killing of Palestenians to stop..

Its all about Power, Yes Israel is a threat to their power and Naturally they wanna stop it. Havent you heard how some of our Neighbours Accuse Mossad everytime their country is in trouble? Its got nothing to do with Hate of the Jews I beleive, its just that they all are Jealous of what Jews have achieved, through hard work and against great odds. Like Flint said before, its just a tactic to hide their own failures. I know of many Americans who blamed the jews for the banking collapse! Its not just the radical muslims my friend, there are lots of loosers out there who wanna blame anyone and everyone! If they could, they would have blamed Nessy for Big Foots disappearance!

PS: About the WW2 camps--- I compared them, because just like them, The Gazan population is under the mercy of israel, and Israel is building a Security Barrier around it, THe ISraelis yield power of Life and Death over the Gazans, just like the Germans did. They have Absolute power. Hence I didnt find the comparision Wrong, because I believe its the Suffering and Pain that matters, Not a Jews Pain or a Muslims Pain. Its just Plain Human Pain.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Who Will Stop the AIPAC Jews Before it is Too Late?

By Medea Benjamin

May 06, 2009

While I was being tackled by security guards at Washington's Convention Center during the AIPAC conference for unfurling a banner that asked "What about Gaza?," my heart was aching. I wasn't bothered so much by the burly guards who were yanking my arms behind by back and dragging me-along with 5 other CODEPINK members-out of the hall. They were doing their job.

What made my heart ache was the hatred I felt from the AIPAC staff who tore up the banner and slammed their hands across my mouth as I tried to yell out: "What about Gaza? What about the children?"

"Shut the f--- up. Shut the f--- up." one staffer yelled, red-faced and sweating as he ran beside me. "This is not the place to be saying that shit. Get the f--- out of here."

What makes my heart ache is thinking about the traumatized children I met on my recent trip to Gaza, and how their suffering is denied by the 6,000 AIPAC conventioneers who are living in a bubble-a bubble where Israel is the victim and all critics are anti-Semitic, terrorist lovers or, as in my case, self-hating Jews.

I found it fascinating that AIPAC's executive director Howard Kohr opened the conference admitting that there was now a huge, international campaign against the policies of Israel. He painted a picture of 30,000 people marching in Spain, Italian trade unionists calling for a boycott of Israeli products, the UN Human Rights Council passing 26 resolutions condemning Israel, an Israeli Apartheid Week that is building a global boycott, divestment and sanctions campaign.

This global movement, he warned, emanates from the Middle East, echoes in the halls of the United Nations and the capitals of Europe, is voiced in meetings of international peace organizations, and is spreading throughout the United States-from the media to town hall meetings, from campuses to city squares. "No longer is this campaign confined to the ravings of the political far left or far right," he lamented, "but increasingly it is entering the American mainstream."

But Kohr failed to explain why there has been such an explosion in this movement, even among the American Jewish community. He didn't tell the attendees that the world was shocked and outraged by Israel's devastating 22-day attack on Gaza that left over 1,300 people dead-mostly women and children. He didn't mention the killing of civilians fleeing their homes, the use of white phosphorous, the bombing of homes, schools, mosques, hospitals, UN buildings, factories. He didn't talk about the continuing, cruel blockade of the Gaza Strip that is keeping desperately needed humanitarian aid from reaching 1.5 million people and making rebuilding impossible.

There were no seminars at the conference by human rights groups like Amnesty International that are calling for an immediate and comprehensive suspension of arms to Israel. Instead, one after another, U.S. elected officials eager to curry favor with AIPAC pledged continued U.S. financial support for Israel. Senator Kerry, despite that fact that he was one of only a handful of legislators who visited Gaza, didn't say one word about the massive destruction he witnessed and pledged that as Chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, he would do everything to ensure that the $30 billion in military aid to Israel is "delivered in full." "America will continue our military aid, and Israel will keep its military strength," he insisted. Instead of calling for talks with the democratically elected government of Hamas, Kerry said: "Hamas has already won one election-we cannot allow them to win another." He ended his speech shouting several times in Hebrew, "Am Yisrael Chai-Israel lives!"

Even Vice President Biden, who at least told AIPAC that Israel should freeze new settlement activity, didn't say a word about the ongoing humanitarian crisis caused by Israel's invasion and continued blockade of Gaza. No U.S. officials, and there were hundreds at the conference, dared echo the call of the United Nations or the world community to lift the siege of Gaza.

Republican Congressman Eric Cantor was one of the most emotional speakers, portraying Israel as the victim of an evil global movement determined to wipe out Israel and all Jews. Evoking the "shivering, naked victims who were herded into the gas chambers," he wondered when it would become too late to protect Israel. "When is it too late?", he repeated over and over.

I wonder the same thing. When is it too late, I wonder, to stop Israel from destroying itself? When is it too late to tell AIPAC attendees that more violence and hatred is not the answer? When is it too late to open the hardened hearts of my people, once victims of a terrible holocaust, to realize that by occupying Palestine we have become they evil we deplore? When is it too late to restore meaning to the Hebrew term "tikkun olam" by truly working to heal the world? When is it too late for the Jews of the world to weep for the children of Gaza, recognizing that they, too, are the children of God?

I couldn't ask my questions at AIPAC. My mouth was muzzled by the sweaty hands of hate-filled staffers demanding that I "shut the f--- up." But despite AIPAC's massive funds and influence, I feel certain that more and more members of the Jewish community will step forward and refuse to be silent. I just pray it is not too late.

For information on upcoming delegations to Gaza, see CODEPINK : Gaza Children's Delegations.

Medea Benjamin ([email protected]) is cofounder of Global Exchange (Global Exchange - Building People-to-People Ties) and CODEPINK: Women for Peace (CODEPINK : Index).

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Gaza is Israel's Warsaw

Zionist Lobby Targets Another Tenured Professor

By Doug Henwood

May 05, 2009 "Counterpunch" -- Doug Henwood: We're now joined by William Robinson, who is a Professor of Sociology at the University of California in Santa Barbara, someone I met about six or seven years ago at a conference and, although I've disagreed with him on some issues, I though he's a serious and thoughtful guy. I was very distressed to learn, reading Insider Higher Ed, the website, today that he's being persecuted by the Zionist lobby for an e-mail that he sent around to some of his students. Welcome William Robinson, tell us the story of what you sent and what's been happening.

William Robinson: Yes, good afternoon to everyone. I included some material which was highly critical of the Israeli invasion of Gaza as part of the reading material for a course on globalization and global affairs, and this was in January. And I am now facing charges, here at the university, of anti-semitism and violating the faculty code of conduct because two students in the course - there were eighty students - these two submitted a formal letter of complaint that they found offensive the material condemning the invasion of Gaza. The students immediately withdrew from the course, I don't even know them personally. And what is particularly egregious about this case is not that the students submitted a complaint - any student is allowed to do that - but rather that the university took the complaint seriously and is actually prosecuting me...

DH: You have tenure right?

WR: Yes, I am tenured, I am a full time professor...

DH: So in theory you're protected against persecution for your beliefs.

WR: No, in theory, I have total, I and even if I don't have tenure, have academic freedom, and this is in total violation of my academic freedom and of all of the principles of academic freedom, and of the university's own charter on academic freedom, and the American Association of University Professors principles and procedures on academic freedom, so there is absolutely no basis for any of this. What's going on, and I want to explain, behind the scenes we have been able to find out - students on campus and faculty have formed a Committee to Defend Academic Freedom which is taking up this issue, and by the way, there is a blog that they put up with all of this information, which at some point I would like to give your listeners - but we have found out that the Anti-Defamation League, which, as you know, and your listeners probably know, is an organization which, at one time, did very good and very important work in denouncing anti-Semitism, but since then has become a, basically, a mouthpiece for the Israeli government, a defender of the policies and practices of the Israeli state, and goes after and attacks anyone that criticizes those policies. So these students did not even accuse me of doing anything which we would consider anti-Semitism - discrimination against Jews, against the Jewish religion and so forth - they said openly and outright that the professor introduces material which criticized the state of Israel and that equals anti-semitism.

DH: Now, I think some people found offensive that you had likened Israeli behavior to the Nazis. Is that an issue?

WR: Well I didn't do that. What I did was I forwarded several items from the world media, from the internet media. One item was an article written by a Jewish journalist in a Jewish newspaper here in the United States, and it was criticizing the invasion of Gaza...

DH: So you didn't endorse this position?

WR: I didn't endorse it but I did include, I said, in presenting this material, I said that Gaza is Israel's Warsaw and I explained the context. That's because in Warsaw the Nazi's surrounded Warsaw, concentrated Jews in Warsaw, wouldn't let anyone in, wouldn't let anyone out, wouldn't let supplies in, wouldn't let supplies out; as a result there was famine and disease and so forth...

DH: Which is exactly what's...

WR: ...exactly and precisely what the Israeli's are doing in Gaza. And that's been denounced by the Red Cross, the United Nations, the international human rights organizations, and moreover, academic freedom totally allows me to present such controversial material and that's part of what the university is all about. We academically debate these controversial issues. I want to explain though what happened. We got some inside information in the last week. The president of the Anti-Defamation League Abraham Fox-...

DH: Foxman

WR: Foxman, he arrived here in Santa Barbara and he called a meeting with a select group of faculty, and he called the meeting for no other reason than to say that we want Professor Robinson prosecuted, and this is explosive. We have just learned about this; we're going to go public with it. And so there is this outside Israel lobby which has come on to campus, and which is accusing me of anti- Semitism and of doing all of these terrible things in order to create an atmosphere of complete intimidation. You know that anyone who criticizes the policies of the state of Israel is silenced, and is given that label of anti-smitism; that's a way of creating this atmosphere of intimidation, that no one can speak out about what's going on in Israel-Palestine, and so forth. That's the larger context.

DH: Ok, I'm sorry to make this so rushed, but this is a last minute addition and the rest of the show is full, just let me conclude...What can people do?

WR: [Go to] sb4af.wordpress.com. That's the blog that the Committee to Defend Academic Freedom has set up, and a lot of this information is on there, a lot of the documents are on there.

DH: All right, well thank you William Robinson and best of luck in your fight and we'll be back to look at this in the future.

WR: Thank-you, thank-you very much.

DH: I've been speaking with William Robinson, who is a professor of sociology at the University of California at Santa Barbara, under persecution by the intellectual police at the Zionist lobby, the Anti-Defamation League.

Doug Henwood is the editor of the Left Business Observer and host of WBAI's Behind the News.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Whats with these people who write about Zionists etc?? Arent these people harbouring something Deep Inside against Jews?? I posted these articles just to show that, there are lots of people around the world speaking against the so called "Jewish Lobby/Zionists" etc etc and its not just the Radicals in Islam. But the good thing is that these guys just talking, thank God they aint firing Rockets!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
zionism was a concept which aimed at creation of an israeli state in palestine. it was started much before ww2.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
But Singhji, who made the Zionists out to be villians?. Many a Americans want to blame everything on the "Zionists" but is it true? I have met Jews who hate it when the word Zionist is uttered. They are deeply hurt by its use it seems. I

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
But Singhji, who made the Zionists out to be villians?. Many a Americans want to blame everything on the "Zionists" but is it true? I have met Jews who hate it when the word Zionist is uttered. They are deeply hurt by its use it seems. I
conspiracy theories esp belief that jews created a nwo to control the world, banking system, govt. etc., antisemitism, historical acts such as crucifixion of jesus, quran's denouncement of yahudis, and/or general solidarity with palestinians.

I have met british jews who are anti-israel and anti-zionism. They believe jews should've never displaced palestinians and should've stayed on in europe.

Most american jews and israelis are proud zionists ie they support creation of israel, a jewish state.

johnee

I think in general, both Christianity and Islam have targetted the pre-existing religions to spread. In this process, they demonised some religions, some others were meted out contempt. But at the heart of all this behaviour was that these pre-existing religions were a road-block to the spread of both Christianity and Islam. Jews happened to be one of those road-blocks. Not just jews but many other religions also suffered under this hatred and contempt. Hinduism and other popular ancient religions also suffered the same fate. But jews have a special status as the enemies of the people of the BOOK. Thats because jews were supposed to have executed Jesus and also had resisted Mohammad. So, its obvious that they were hated on these grounds. But the contempt and hatred were generally directed at many other races, cultures and religions that were different from Christianity or Islam.
Describing these people as oily, wily or smelly was just a general way of portraying them as inferiors and sub-human who could not be trusted.
In modern era, such portrayals dont cut much ice unless the audience is illiterate or extremely prejudiced. Jews inspite of the harshness meted out to them have raised to many honorable positions in many fields. Their ratio of achievements in many fields of science and maths far outweigh their population ratio. But there are still people who persist with their prejudice towards jews(and in general towards other religious groups not related to the BOOK). These people come up with new conspiracy theories blaming jews for all the ills in the world. This is just blind hatred and nothing more. The only solution to such hatred is to learn to respect other religions and not be blinded by religious prejudice.

Auberon

Lets get on topic now----> Radical Islamists hate everyone, not only Jews. For them I am an Infidel for voicing concern for the Israelis killed in the rocket attacks. They dont understand that I also want the killing of Palestenians to stop..

Its all about Power, Yes Israel is a threat to their power and Naturally they wanna stop it. Havent you heard how some of our Neighbours Accuse Mossad everytime their country is in trouble? Its got nothing to do with Hate of the Jews I beleive, its just that they all are Jealous of what Jews have achieved, through hard work and against great odds. Like Flint said before, its just a tactic to hide their own failures. I know of many Americans who blamed the jews for the banking collapse! Its not just the radical muslims my friend, there are lots of loosers out there who wanna blame anyone and everyone! If they could, they would have blamed Nessy for Big Foots disappearance!
Ahmed, thats kind of what I meant by people "who pretty much hate everyone", these people include the Westboro Baptist Church, the Klan, Stormfront, Conspiracy theorists etc.

Secondly, radical Moslems hate the Jews i.e. they are Anti-Semitic , that they hate everone else also is a given but Judaism has a special reverence in their ink black hearts.

Now then, far as power goes, it is inherently linked with religion in ME, but by and large, Anti-Semitism and Anti-Zionism are different concepts.

I know many Anti-Zionist people who are not at all Anti-Semitic i.e. they just oppose the imperalistic policies of Israel (not my words) but they don't hate Jews as a religion.

However, given the Israel's status as the only Jewish country, as opposed to many Moslem countries, somehow Anti-Zionism is linked up with Anti-Semitism, a cautious approach is necessary here.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Ahmed, thats kind of what I meant by people "who pretty much hate everyone", these people include the Westboro Baptist Church, the Klan, Stormfront, Conspiracy theorists etc.

Secondly, radical Moslems hate the Jews i.e. they are Anti-Semitic , that they hate everone else also is a given but Judaism has a special reverence in their ink black hearts.

Now then, far as power goes, it is inherently linked with religion in ME, but by and large, Anti-Semitism and Anti-Zionism are different concepts.

I know many Anti-Zionist people who are not at all Anti-Semitic i.e. they just oppose the imperalistic policies of Israel (not my words) but they don't hate Jews as a religion.

However, given the Israel's status as the only Jewish country, as opposed to many Moslem countries, somehow Anti-Zionism is linked up with Anti-Semitism, a cautious approach is necessary here.
Perfect, this is what I was trying to say.

Auberon

PS: About the WW2 camps--- I compared them, because just like them, The Gazan population is under the mercy of israel, and Israel is building a Security Barrier around it, THe ISraelis yield power of Life and Death over the Gazans, just like the Germans did. They have Absolute power. Hence I didnt find the comparision Wrong, because I believe its the Suffering and Pain that matters, Not a Jews Pain or a Muslims Pain. Its just Plain Human Pain.
No, its not even a jail, but even if it were, a jail isn't a WW2 concentration camp.
The Gazans have I-cards, they can move out, there is a curfew but they are not just confined to their area. They have families, they have jobs. Feeling their pain hardly justifies comparing them to WW2 conc. camps.

To get things into perspective here -

WW2 CONCENTRATION CAMP

NOT A WW2 CONCENTRATION CAMP

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^Has anyone seen the series Don't tell My mother on Nat Geo ?
I was shocked to see the treatment metted out on Gazans :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles