Why A War Between China And Vietnam Is Inevitable

RedDragon

What benefit will two developing country fight? Become two real poor country? I think the wisdom of the two country's government is enough to avoid any war.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have never seen him referencing any Chinese material. That why I suspect. Maybe he just do not do referencing.
He is very active in eulogising China and therefore, it appears that he is Chinese.

But what difference does that make?

People answer posts and not personalities based on their country!

For instance, I find Ohimalaya's and Kickok's post every informative and so your post on an economy issue.

I, for instance, may have different views with many, but I sure appreciate posts that contains information and I respect those posters. Obfuscation and tangential bogus contentions are such waste of time.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is easy to talk about going to war, but the decision to go to war is very difficult to take.

All countries worry about the welfare of its people and that is possible only if there is economic growth and war only ensures that there is devastation and a total halt to economic growth. In fact, war puts a country some years behind economically.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Me too. We just want to grow in peace .
But what do you do if China is bent on stealing part of your territory (with recoverable oil)..? Things are bound to heat up as China is becoming too confident of itself. Time for Vietnam to dust off it's superpower humbling abilities... :thumb: Vietnam actually does not have to decisively defeat the Chinese (we know the balance of military strength) they just need to make it too bloody for the latter that any advances in territory would be a strategic mistake for China... then let diplomacy take its course (isolate China).

Last edited:

RedDragon

Both China And Vietnam have lost the gold time of development (1950-1970, low oil price and high development speed), fortunately we manage to catch the silver time(1980- Oil price is becoming higher and higher) of development.

If because of our stupid, we fight and lost this chance, we will spend a lot of time to come back the position we have now.

I think that Vietnam people and Chinese people of south province like GuangXi looks very similar, in fact some of them belong to the same race. I have seen the traditional Vietnam cloth it is also very similar to the Chinese version. When China fight Vietnam it is like brothers fight each other, it is very pathetic. All disputes can be settled by conversation, let's be patience.

RedDragon

Now both China and Vietnam are young and poor. People easy to become emotional. When we developed, becoming elder and richer. The dispute will be easier to settle down.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Both China And Vietnam have lost the gold time of development (1950-1970, low oil price and high development speed), fortunately we manage to catch the silver time(1980- Oil price is becoming higher and higher) of development.

If because of our stupid, we fight and lost this chance, we will spend a lot of time to come back the position we have now.

I think that Vietnam people and Chinese people of south province like GuangXi looks very similar, in fact some of them belong to the same race. I have seen the traditional Vietnam cloth it is also very similar to the Chinese version. When China fight Vietnam it is like brothers fight each other, it is very pathetic. All disputes can be settled by conversation, let's be patience.
Indians and Pakistanis wear the same clothes, eat the same food, some people on both side speak the same language (Punjabi, Urdu, Kashmiri) and yet the fight.

They are holding long conversations but still they cannot reach a solution.

I think that is life.

Similarities does not mean there is no animosity and it can be historical too!

RedDragon

Indians and Pakistanis wear the same clothes, eat the same food, some people on both side speak the same language (Punjabi, Urdu, Kashmiri) and yet the fight.

They are holding long conversations but still they cannot reach a solution.

I think that is life.

Similarities does not mean there is no animosity and it can be historical too!
You points are reasonable, but there are some difference in our situation, the religion of Vietnam and China is not different. We have same culture background and now both ruled by communist party.

Minh

But what do you do if China is bent on stealing part of your territory (with recoverable oil)..? Things are bound to heat up as China is becoming too confident of itself. Time for Vietnam to dust off it's superpower humbling abilities... :thumb: Vietnam actually does not have to decisively defeat the Chinese (we know the balance of military strength) they just need to make it too bloody for the latter that any advances in territory would be a strategic mistake for China... then let diplomacy take its course (isolate China).
We ASEAN have to live with China for many years to come friends, we are small country i wish our Leaders would solve the Island situation peacefully. Let be honest here if you ask me or anyone either if it Vietnamese,ASEAN,or India is China powerfulll? Yes they are
am i afraid of China military might? Yes i'm afraid and scare..but push comes to shove Vietnam will never give up defending our country without VIETNAM we are none existence. I rather died protecting my country then be extinct.

RedDragon

I do think if Ho Chí Minh dead ten years later, there will be no war between China and Vietnam in 70s and 80s.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You points are reasonable, but there are some difference in our situation, the religion of Vietnam and China is not different. We have same culture background and now both ruled by communist party.
Religion is not that important as is made out.

There are Muslims in India. They are the second/ third largest congregation in the world!

Many heroics have been done by Muslim soldiers in wars against Pakistan.

Our culture is similar and so are many of our tradition, customs and habits.

Lastly, Communism of Russia was not the same as Communism in China (and now there is only the control aspect of Communist that is the Communism in China; for all practical purposes, China is a capitalist country) and so the Communism of Vietnam could be different from China.

What is important is the national interest of countries. They need not be the same or else why would they be different countries and not one country if everything is the same?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Communism like Islam or Christianity can not prevent basic human nature of seeking security in society or state. Enmity and conflicts between USSR and China and China and Vietnam has amply proven that. Competition, conflicts and wars will remain till human remain. Our great epic Mahabharat is an elaborate explanation of this assertions. Also connected with that is that human engage in war with his nearest rival or neighbour. Communism like Capitalism gave birth to worldwide conflicts rather than ever prevented wars. Ray gave you an example of India and Pakistan. The best way to prevent war is rationality of the idea of estate from where one seeks security and further prosperity. Pakistan and China unfortunately are fiercely ultra nationalistic and utterly irrational states capable of waging wars even for the sake of it. Unfortunately, India had been victim of such ultra nationalism and irrational behaviour from both.

cir

There is far more possibility of a war between India and China if Indians here are representative of Indians in general.

With a max range of 350-400km, WS-2Ds are well suited to strike at the heart of India that New Delhi is. Two divisons of this

deployed inside, and along the length of, the Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve should see the total annihilation of the Indian capital within hours.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There is far more possibility of a war between India and China if Indians here are representative of Indians in general.

With a max range of 350-400km, WS-2Ds are well suited to strike at the heart of India that New Delhi is. Two divisons of this

deployed inside, and along the length of, the Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve should see the total annihilation of the Indian capital within hours.
Really?

You feel so?

And what is your prophecy of the result?

RedDragon

Religion is not that important as is made out.

There are Muslims in India. They are the second/ third largest congregation in the world!

Many heroics have been done by Muslim soldiers in wars against Pakistan.

Our culture is similar and so are many of our tradition, customs and habits.

Lastly, Communism of Russia was not the same as Communism in China (and now there is only the control aspect of Communist that is the Communism in China; for all practical purposes, China is a capitalist country) and so the Communism of Vietnam could be different from China.

What is important is the national interest of countries. They need not be the same or else why would they be different countries and not one country if everything is the same?
Yes I know that communist or culture can not prevent war.

But I do think that the religion is the reason why India and Pakistan are separated. If there are no problem of religion and the fights related to religions the India and Pakistan will not be divided when independent from England. If not divided, of course, there will be no war between India and Pakistan.

ice berg

What is with the necro posting here? Bumping up old threads. Only gonna be a pissing contest with no content. Just watch those pages. Dont know why Moderators tolerate this kind posts.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

1. You posted the wrong picture so does wrong stuff..
2. 380km from LOC area is under PJ-10V3 striking distance..
3. No to mention overwhelming IAF superiority over TAR, Anything under 400km from LOC can be detected..

Cir, Lame post, First get knowledge about what you should post, than post, You like to get humiliated again and again..

vietnam&india

I see, you are a quite polite and well-educated Chinese. I agree that Vietnam and China have a lot of things in common. As you said, Vietnamese people and Chinese people of south province like GuangXi looks very similar. That's right. The Guangxi people looks similar to one of out biggest ethnic in North VN. They say the same langguage (Not modern Chinese language). So i also think, it will be much more better for the two country to stay in peace. We and you or nobody else want to see a war. And hope that every dispute will be settled by conversation, and all have to obey the international law.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles