Who says Osama is a terrorist, ask Muslim religious leaders

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by GPM, May 3, 2011.

1. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

NEW DELHI: From incredulity to hostility towards the US -- reactions of Indian Muslim organisations changed rapidly as it became clear that the news of Osama bin Laden's death in a CIA operation in Abbottabad in Pakistan was not American propaganda.

Muslim religious leaders, cutting across sectarian divisions, questioned the "America-propounded" description of the al-Qaida leader as a terrorist, asking what judicial procedures had been followed to pronounce him as one. There was, however, obvious unease at the fact that he had been found to be living in Pakistan and had been killed in an US operation on Pakistani soil.

Syed Ahmed Bukhari, Imam of Jama Masjid, objected to Osama being called a terrorist, "When did any court of law in the world convict Bin Laden of terrorist activities? It is only America's assertion and that of Nato that he was one. Why should we believe them. As for the government of India's reactions, I would want to know their views on what is happening in Palestine even now when thousands of Muslims are being killed by Israel with US help. The killing (of Osama) in a continuation of US interference in Libya, Iraq and Palestine."

Maulana Arshad Madani, president of one faction of the Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind, also disagreed that Osama was a terrorist. "I do not believe he indulged in terrorism. The question to be asked is why did US come into Afghanistan in the first place? Who created Osama? Americans did to exterminate the Russians. Now that their need has been fulfilled, they term Osama, who was at one point their best friend, a terrorist. It is symptomatic of the American way of functioning of their constant use and throw policy with countries and people."

The Indian Muslim establishment initially reacted with incredulity to the news of Osama's death, citing US operations in Tora Bora as a precedent where claims of his killing had later been proved false. It took statements from home minister P Chidambaram and Pakistani MP Sherry Rehman to convince them of the veracity of these reports, after which prominent Muslim leaders said Osama was a one-time American ally with whom relations had soured because he had lost his utility which was to tackle the Russians in Afghanistan.

There was, however, some resentment about the fact that he was in Pakistan. Imam Bukhari said it proved the contention that ISI gave shelter to terrorists. "I am not saying Osama was a terrorist but the fact that outfits like JeM and LeT have bank accounts in the US show that US and ISI jointly sponsor the acts of terrorism in India."

Cutting across the Muslim sectarian divide, the reactions remained similar. Asghar Ali Imam Mehdi Salafi, general secretary of the Markaze Jamiat Ahle Hadees Hind – one of the oldest Muslim organisations in the country and believed to have Wahabi roots -- said, "Osama was a puppet of a superpower, in fact the kind of power he wielded and the widespread consequences of his alleged acts could not have been possible if he did not have powerful backers. Now that he has outlived their necessity, they took him out. This is a conspiracy of the enemies of Asia and of Islam to paint Muslims in a bad light."

The overwhelming consensus seemed to be that the US would do well to steer clear of internal matters of sovereign states in which it has no business. "It is only America's contention that Osama was a terrorist. There is no reason for us to take their words at face value. As for his having been killed inside Pakistan by American forces, that is something Pakistan should get worried about," said Jamaat Islam-i-Hind president Jalaluddin Umri.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...lim-religious-leaders/articleshow/8147921.cms

Comments are interesting. Just sample:

4 hrs ago (01:39 PM)

These Muslim Mullahs and Moulvis are the real patriots..Tomorrow they may even ask How dare you are calling Kasab as a terrorist. To appease the Muslims, the Indian government is doing everything including delaying endlessly the justice for the Bombay terror victims. for Congress it is a vote bank, in front of that all the lives lost by this terrorist is nothing. May allah give them with enough wisdom to think what is right and wrong and how to be patriotic to the nation where do theY live.

3 hrs ago (02:34 PM)

Of course Kasab is innocent. Mr. Abdul Rehman Antule top congress personality himself had said that 26/11 is handiwork of RSS and/or Hindu Terrorists who wanted to kill Inspector KARKARE. These are the words of SECULAR leader. SECULARS never lie. So same thing is repeated in every Mosque/Masjid and each and every Muslim believes it except Gujarath, Bihar and Jaitapur?Maharashtra Muslims. There is nothing wrong if Congress is looking for vote banks. Little bit lying is OK in politics. To get elected PATRIOTISM is not at all necessary for SECULARS.
    Our Di***raja goes even a step further!! 9/11c was planned and executed by Hindus!!!

Now, Singh has gone a step further. In a signed 8-page press release distributed by Congress Headquarters late January 9th 2011, Digvijay Singh has accused the RSS of – hold your breath – plotting and executing the 9/11 attacks on the USA in 2001! Not only that: according to Singh, Osama himself is a Hindu terrorist in disguise. [for full press release go to http://www.congress.org.in/new/documents.php

“I have conclusive evidence that 9/11 was carried out by Hindu extremists to give Muslims in general and Pakistani Muslims in particular a bad name,” writes Singh. “For long I have doubted the authenticity of the facts uncovered by US investigators regarding the attacks on World Trade Centre and other places in 2001. I, like millions of other sensible people, have also wondered whether Osama bin Laden even exists – is it not strange that no-one had ever heard of Osama before 9/11 or has ever seen Osama in flesh and blood since 9/11? The world has only seen this so-called Osama in bad quality videos made by some outfit called Al Qaeda! I have used my head – and now I have proof that Al Qaeda is a creation of the RSS and other Hindu terrorist organizations – and that Osama himself is just a Hindu fanatic using a pseudonym to further the saffron agenda to take over the world!”

http://ghatotkacha.sulekha.com/blog...gh-says-hindu-terrorists-carried-out-9-11.htm

His Highness's methodology.

•Osama bin Laden = Bala Senan Modi [Singh’s comment: “Observe the clear reference to two of the most dreaded Hindu terrorist leaders: Balasaheb Thackeray as “Bala” of the “Sena”, and Narendra Modi in “N Modi”.]
    •Ajmal Kasab = Jaska Lamba [Singh’s comment: “This one was difficult to crack – till I used my head and discovered that Jaska is actually a nickname for Jaskinder. Inquiries with Crime Branch, Punjab Police have revealed that one Jaskinder Lamba was a VHP activist from Jalandhar; he was arrested and released on bail 29 times between 1992 and 1999 for drunk and disorderly behaviour, and then disappeared without trace. Doubtless, he went underground to plot 9/11

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Does it matter what they say?

No court could declare Osama a terrorist because he appeared before no court. He was a fugitive on the run.

If he was purer than the driven snow and faultless, he would have surfaced and taken the world on, in any court of Law.

4. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

There are some muslim "leaders" who are perenially issuing all kinds of idiotic statements and as always don't represent the larger Muslim opinion. Indian Muslims don't care about Kashmiris let alone distant Palestinians. All this is cheap publicity stunt with no substance whatsoever.

gokussj9 likes this.
  5. niharjhatn

niharjhatn Regular Member

The only thing I really have to add to this is whilst definitely Osama deserves punishment for his crime and should spend eternity in hell, he did not exactly commit a crime against America himself - ordering fanatics to give themselves to god is a bit different to actually personally attacking and killing US soldiers/citizens... this is the only reservation I have against outright killing, when no doubt, Osama could have been captured alive (apparently it was thirty US navy seals taking him down - and they couldn't capture him?). A trial in a court and subsequent sentencing even if death would have been far better. It would have shown the true face of Pakistan too!

6. prahladh

prahladh Respected Member

Yes, except for Kasab other 8 are innocents until they are produced in court. you might even hear this shit some day.

7. AOE

AOE Regular Member

While I agree with what you are saying in terms of bringing him to justice, or putting him on trial; would the Pakistanis be reluctant to allow such a thing to happen? Where would he be held for trial? Would he be guaranteed the death penalty? If he was to be trialled in the US, where he could be executed; then they would have to kidnap him.

8. JAISWAL

JAISWAL Senior Member Senior Member

Syed Ahmed Bukhari,
    Imam of Jama Masjid,
    objected to Osama being
    called a terrorist, "When
    did any court of law in
    the world convict Bin
    Laden of terrorist
    activities? It is only
    America's assertion and
    that of Nato that he was
    one. Why should we
    believe them. As for the
    government of India's
    reactions, I would want to
    know their views on what
    is happening in Palestine
    even now when
    thousands of Muslims are
    being killed by Israel with
    US help.
    What will you expect from that sob.......
    Who lives in India and wommits poision against India.

9. RAW

RAW Regular Member

i think pakistan only allowed us on the condition that they will kill him, otherwise he could have exposed the role of pakistan in terrorism all around the world

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  10. RAW

RAW Regular Member

11. RAW

RAW Regular Member

these people see every thing through the eye of religion

12. DaRk WaVe

DaRk WaVe Regular Member

13. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

14. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

Geelani lone Kashmiri leader to condemn Osama killing

Srinagar, May 3 (IANS) Syed Ali Geelani, who heads the hardline faction of Jammu and Kashmir's separatist Hurriyat Conference, is the only leader to condemn the US operation to kill Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden.

No other separatist leader has publicly reacted to the US killing Osama, who was housed in a mansion in Abbottabad near the Pakistan capital Islamabad.

Geelani had told a news agency Monday that Osama was "a martyr who died fighting US oppression in Afghanistan".

"He was a symbol of resistance against the US and he was martyred while defending the Muslims."

The octogenarian separatist leader, however, added that he had no animosity with the people of US.

"We condemned 9/11 attacks as they were terrorist acts. But since then the US has killed lakhs of Muslims in Afghanistan, Libya and Iraq."

Even common people have maintained silence on the killing of Osama, who masterminded the 9/11 terror attack. However, in private circles, the US operation in Pakistan is being debated and even questioned.

"How could anyone, including the US, operate in Abbottabad close to the military academy there without the knowledge of Pakistan," asked a political science teacher who did not wish to be named.

Despite apprehensions, there has been no public outburst in the Kashmir Valley over the death of the Al Qaeda leader.

It has been business as usual since Monday when news came in of Osama's killing.

Authorities had sounded a high alert, fearing a law and order situation in the aftermath of the Abbottabad incident.

"It is quite encouraging that the situation continues to remain normal here. We are hopeful things would remain normal in the coming days as well. The Osama development has not affected life in Jammu and Kashmir state as good sense prevailed on the people here," said a senior police officer here.

15. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

While its too early to gauge how the world will receive the news of Osama bin laden's death,there is no doubt that eventually it will be mixed bag of wild jubiliation somewhere and somber reflection elsewhere.For a btter part of the world opnion,esp the arab muslims,he was no less than a Saladin taking on an ancient enemy,at the moment its extremely ineffcient to place his legacy in proper perspective,esp at a time when everybody seems a tad politcally correct about everything and anything,however that will happen eventually,for the moment 'The of civilizations' has seen the end of one chapter,perhaps just a pause before the beginning of the next.

16. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

Could we all shut the Osamas dead thing till we see some Videos or Pictures at the least! USA for one claimed Iraq attacked USA in 9/11 and claimed he had WMDs where are the bloody WMDs then?

I know he is killed or whatever the majority is going to be made to believe but before i join the heard i need to see some pictures. Wasn't the White House News Conference about to start today, they said they will release the pictures and videos. Hope to see some thing conclusive...

17. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

I think the US & Europe should deny visas to all those people and their family members who are suggesting that Osama was not a terrorist or sympathizing with him either for religious or political reasons.
    When the US can deny visa to a Indian Chief minister for his alleged role in Gujrat riots why don't they adopt a similar attitude against those politicians and religious leaders who are accusing America and sympathizing with a terrorist who killed thousands of Americans.

18. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

Just be a little more patient. Maybe they need some more time to complete shooting the video and make sure the pictures look original.
    After all the American public opinion is what matters the most to them.They already believe Osama was killed two days ago even without evidence. But I think Osama has been long dead.

19. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

What about digvijay singh,he is spokesperson
    From my opinion,hindus enemy are not muslims but themselves in the disguise of digvijay,chidambaram etc

20. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

This is really sad ! Bukhari has forgotten that his words affects the Muslim community in India, he should think before he speak. US force asked Obama to surrender before they killed him but he refused and fought till death, so they had no choice and they shot him. Otherwise US was going to prosecute him in the court of law and definitely as a Terrorist as we prosecuted Kasab.

What a sh!t Bukhari speaks !! sad :( .