Who is Vladimir Putin?

Akim

Professional
Country flag
She is afraid of dogs. What's so surprising?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Vladimir Putin: I didn't mean to scare Angela Merkel with my dog

Germany's Angela Merkel watches uneasily as Russian President Vladimir Putin's dog approaches in 2007.

Merkel looks uncomfortable as Putin's Labrador Koni comes near her in Sochi, Russia, in 2007.

:pound: :pound:

This is probably done all the time in international politics.
One from the past= Mao the swimming champion.

The USSR premier Nikita Khruschev was a man who could do a lot of things like introduce corn to the unsuitable climate of USSR, fly to London in a half completed prototype of a passenger jet to demonstrate the advanced nature of Soviet aviation and deploy partially developed nuclear missiles in newly communist Cuba. But one thing he couldn’t do, the thing could have averted the Sino-Soviet split, was swim (yup, the thing humans do to float and move in water)

The Background

When, Chinese premier, Mao Zedong made his first visit to Moscow in 1949, he was greeted as just another guest at Stalin’s 70th birthday and was permitted only a brief meeting with Stalin. As per Smithsonian, in that meeting, Stalin extorted substantial concessions in return for paltry military aid, and when war broke out in Korea, the USSR insisted that China pay “to the last ruble” for the weapons it required to aid the North Koreans. Mao was left boiling with anger. He wanted revenge.
Mao’s Pool Party.

Riding high on the success of Sputnik, Khruschev visited Beijing in the summer of 1958. Remembering Stalin’s treatment, Mao had given orders that Khrushchev be put in an old establishment with no air conditioning, in the sweltering humidity of Beijing’s high summer. The following morning, Mao insisted that the meeting be held in the pool in his private residence known as Zonghanhai. Khrushchev, with 200 lbs stored in his 5ft 3in frame, had never learned to swim. While legendary stories of Mao’s 10 mile swim in Yangtze were famous world over, Khrushchev’s deepest fears realized when an outsize pair of green bathing trunks were produced before him. The poor soviet premier stood in the shallow end attempting to make sense of whatever little the translators could reproduce while Mao did his laps.

Things went from bad to worse when Mao called for a floatation device (water wings, as Kissinger preferred) so that Khrushchev can join him in deeper water. What happened then can be summed in one sentence by Soviet Union’s ambassador to China, Oleg Troyanovskii -“It was an unforgettable picture, the appearance of two well-fed leaders in swimming trunks, discussing questions of great policy under splashes of water.”
http://www.knowqout.com/world/mao-seeks-revenge-by-humiliating-khrushchev/

I find such things hilarious, I hope it happens more often. :D :D
===================================

Now for a different take.
So the great magical leader of dunceland, lady (obviosly deserving coz lady, duh) merkel is scared of dogs? ooooo
And this brave leader who is scared of dogs will lead a country of 80 million, yup, nice.

Also this picture is from 2 years back. Shows the DefMins of four germanic countries. When I first saw it, I couldn't stop laughing.
Four old hags will lead the tanks and bombers. These countries deserve to be conquered, refugee or no refugee, they need some testosterone. Simple truth. :bplease:

DefMins: Ine Eriksen Søreide (Norway), Karin Enström (Sweden), Jeanine Hennis-Plasschaert (Netherlands) and Ursula von der Leyen (Germany)

:pound: :pound:

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
A cunning Russian running shit scared of turks.

pmaitra

This is probably done all the time in international politics.
One from the past= Mao the swimming champion.
Don't want to diverge too much. I just wanted to state that usually, in international summits, people shake hands. Assuming the two are shaking hands using their right hands while both facing the cameras (i.e., in promenade position, for those that know how to dance Waltz), the person whose left shoulder is next to the other persons right shoulder, has an advantage, as he can effectively use his triceps to force down the other person's hand, thus displaying dominance.

If you are wondering why the other person cannot use his triceps as well, then the answer is in the shape of a twisted gym bar typically called the EZ Curl Bar.

Advantage Putin.

Advantage Bush.

Putin uses his left hand to turn advantage Bush into advantage Putin.

Neutral - the more the two face each other, the advantage disappears.

The grips on the EZ Curl Bar shows that inward facing palms make for better usage of the triceps.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Yes, like those that worship the chocolate seller. o_O
You probably know the place where a portrait of Poroshenko posted on the streets, as the portraits of Stalin or Putin?

pmaitra

You probably know the place where a portrait of Poroshenko posted on the streets, as the portraits of Stalin or Putin?
Yeah, on the walls of that pink Khrushchyovka (Хрущёвка). :)

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Don't want to diverge too much. I just wanted to state that usually, in international summits, people shake hands. Assuming the two are shaking hands using their right hands while both facing the cameras (i.e., in promenade position, for those that know how to dance Waltz), the person whose left shoulder is next to the other persons right shoulder, has an advantage, as he can effectively use his triceps to force down the other person's hand, thus displaying dominance.

If you are wondering why the other person cannot use his triceps as well, then the answer is in the shape of a twisted gym bar typically called the EZ Curl Bar.
Make no mistake Putin is an expert when dealing w/ the cameras.

His facial expressions, his body movements, his body interactions with other bodies, the words he uses and the facial and body expressions when he uses them; all designed to drive home the message(s), as and when needed.
Certainly he has been coached for this in the KGB.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
nah !! even some people called Christ devil... Putin is a man of peace !!
Stalin was also a man of the peace. So said the then propaganda. However, today we know the truth.

bose

Country flag
Stalin was also a man of the peace. So said the then propaganda. However, today we know the truth.
If there were no Stalin, defeating Nazi Germany would not have been possible...

So Stalin did bring peace in Europe by defeating Nazi's...

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
If there were no Stalin, defeating Nazi Germany would not have been possible...
Also if it weren't for stalin, SU might have taken half a century more to modernize :)
From peasant country to super power, and we thought deng xiaoping did a great job.

bose

Country flag
Also if it weren't for stalin, SU might have taken half a century more to modernize :)
From peasant country to super power, and we thought deng xiaoping did a great job.
very true !! So this is the advantage of a strong dictatorship who are totally focused on what they want to achieve...

AnantS

Country flag
I am not sure why Indians are so emotional in Russo-Ukrainian conflict? Russia is not Soviet Union.
Russian-Indian dealings are becoming purely transactional. Until Russia supports India's stand unequivocally on all her disputes, India should adopt same stance towards Russian despite as Russia maintains towards ours.
Ukraine - Russia conflict is bound to get resolved with regime change on either of the sides. Stalin is something despised by Russians themselves. He was one sick man ! But then most of euro nations were headed by one during those times.

bose

Country flag
I am not sure why Indians are so emotional in Russo-Ukrainian conflict? Russia is not Soviet Union.
Russian-Indian dealings are becoming purely transactional. Until Russia supports India's stand unequivocally on all her disputes, India should adopt same stance towards Russian despite as Russia maintains towards ours.
Ukraine - Russia conflict is bound to get resolved with regime change on either of the sides. Stalin is something despised by Russians themselves. He was one sick man ! But then most of euro nations were headed by one during those times.
just relax, Indians are not emotional about Russo-Ukrainian conflict... This conflict was US creation similar to what the mess they created in Iraq, Libya and Syria ... Indian like me [ I come from rightwing background] hate the American duplicity and not the American people... I had fond memories in America and their people...

It is right Russia is not USSR...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles