• Russian Federation

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • United States of America

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glint

Country flag
In 1971 Israel gave us the Heavy Mortars and I know that.

In Kargil, there was a requirement for some Bofor ammunition of a special charge.
Did Russia refused to help though?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
During the Kargil conflict we have Short of Suppleis ..The Russians Refused The French Refused ...The Israel only gives Supplies

ask any Def Prof Here in DFI ..how is Russian Business in Defense Field
will ask @Ray Sir ..who knows well about How is Kargil war was ..?

In Kargil, there was a requirement for some Bofor ammunition of a special charge.
So where did Russia refuse for supplies? :hmm:

@SajeevJino You have made a serious allegation which needs to be proved now.

Last edited by a moderator:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
For all fanboys please note friendship grows from trust and not just economy/defense.US/Russia has its own self interests to have friendship with India and so does India.

Fanboys should remember that the same US sent its Carrier Group to pressure and perhaps attack India and openly supported a TERRORIST NATION PAKISTAN.It was only when USSR sent its 2 nuke subs tailing US carrier group that the attack got neutralized.US was pretty ok with Paki terrorists infiltrating India until Pakis killed 3000 Americans and gave shelter to the biggest enemy of US aka OBL.So US has given historic support to Pakis.US still gives billions in AIDS which Pakis use against India.US would always us Pakis against India to "contain" India.

India SHOULD NOT rely heavily on US for defense due to its past record of supporting Pakistan. Infact India needs to have major defense industry of its own and then Russia>France>US.

For economic stuff US should be a priority.

Blackwater

Bofors gole I think we bought from South afrika at expensive price. We send 2 il 76 over night to bring those golas

Glint

Country flag
Bofors gole I think we bought from South afrika at expensive price. We send 2 il 76 over night to bring those golas
Thats what i said, I don't think Israel helped us during 1999 because we didn't need it.
And as far as the Russian part, How can they refuse if we didn't even ask them?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
A strong India is in Russian interest while not in the US interest. No price for guessing which among them is suited for our interest more

Anyway, the Russian annexation of crimea thread itself is an ample proof for Indians' favourable leanings towards Russia. Any one reading that thread would have a strong doubt as to whether they are reading Defence forum of India or Defence forum of Russia:lol:.

So I think this thread is an overkill to prove a point:p @pmaitra

Last edited by a moderator:

praneet.bajpaie

If anyone chooses the US after so much of history is blatantly anti national, that's all I am going to say. Just look at the way they treat us? Look at the way India is portrayed in their media and other TV programs and movies.

Look at the way our people are humiliated on a regular basis (the worst was APJ, in my opinion) not to mention the large scale conversions their institutions do in our land to weaken the very social fabric we Indian hold so dearly. How can any self respecting Indian choose them.

I have a question to all the pro US cronies on this forum. We have seen time and again that the US treats Indians much worse than the Chinese. They consider us as allies and the Chinese as an enemy. How can you explain this paradox?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
If anyone chooses the US after so much of history is blatantly anti national, that's all I am going to say. Just look at the way they treat us? Look at the way India is portrayed in their media and other TV programs and movies.

Look at the way our people are humiliated on a regular basis (the worst was APJ, in my opinion) not to mention the large scale conversions their institutions do in our land to weaken the very social fabric we Indian hold so dearly. How can any self respecting Indian choose them.
Self respect and Nationalism is different from Dollars unfortunately:tsk:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

I have a question to all the pro US cronies on this forum. We have seen time and again that the US treats Indians much worse than the Chinese. They consider us as allies and the Chinese as an enemy. How can you explain this paradox?
Really now you will issue certificates on nationalism based on who one prefers between Russia and US? 3 million Indians work in the US and more queuing up outside US embassy/consulates to get into the US. All of them anti national??

How many head to Russia? Given a choice you will head to the US as well not Russia.

The person who started this thread also works in the US.

Stop issuing certificates on nationalism.

praneet.bajpaie

Really now you will issue certificates on nationalism based on who one prefers between Russia and US? 3 million Indians work in the US and more queuing up outside US embassy/consulates to get into the US. All of them anti national??

How many head to Russia? Given a choice you will head to the US as well not Russia.

The person who started this thread also works in the US.

Stop issuing certificates on nationalism.
I have an opinion and I will express it. If you don't like it, ban me again like you did earlier. As for your question where I would head, I will stay put where I am. I am quite happy right where I am.

Try and understand the context of my post rather than shouting at the top of your voice.

pankaj nema

Country flag
India has a trade surplus with USA

India gets a LOT of FDI ; FII investment and NRI remittances from USA

Yet we cannot trust them US policy is based on the whims and fancies of its
TOP leadership ; It is better to keep the USA as a economic partner ONLY

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
There was a clear bias among Indians towards the Russians or to be more precise Soviets till 1992, but after the break of USSR things kinda changed.

Even though US's close association with Pakistan has never helped matters, but owing to a lesser language barrier, easy access to Hollywood movies and a lot of Indians migrating to America we have come a lot closer to america in the last two decades.

To think of Russians being more trustworthy would be a mistake as they have clearly demonstrated with their thuggish behaviour in the way they conducted themselves in the Gorshkov affair.

From my personal interactions i find Soviets to be far less pretentious and conceited therefore more likeable , but that is not an impression i can take to be a gospel truth having met a much smaller subset of Soviets as opposed to the Americans.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I have an opinion and I will express it. If you don't like it, ban me again like you did earlier. As for your question where I would head, I will stay put where I am. I am quite happy right where I am.

Try and understand the context of my post rather than shouting at the top of your voice.
Its not an opinion when you say those who support US are anti national. Its a statement.

You can like others say you are pro Russia. Don't pass judgement on others.

You will be banned for breaking forum rules not otherwise

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Let's be practical and play both sides like a playa :fyeah:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India has a trade surplus with USA

India gets a LOT of FDI ; FII investment and NRI remittances from USA

Yet we cannot trust them US policy is based on the whims and fancies of its
TOP leadership ; It is better to keep the USA as a economic partner ONLY
We have to take care of our own interests. When I say I am pro US, it means we can gain from a close relationship with the US in the medium term. We can get investments, technology and I mean civilian tech in industry which can directly help in defence,

India shares a far greater composite relationship with the US than with Russia. Far greater people to people contact with the US. Far greater institutional convergence. In the Indo-Pacific,shared perception of threat.

Russia apart from supplying weapons has nothing going for it. Even we are tired of the Russians in their supply of weapons and looking for more sources. It is firmly with China against the US. Russia too follows what suits its interest and won't do India's bidding if it doesn't suit it.

Putin for long has been wanting to start selling arms to Pak. It may be to push India into more deals with it to not do so.

Nobody has a halo in international relations. Everyone guards their own. We have to ours. My only point is that we can get a lot going for us if we play it well to get the US invest in us.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles