Votes: 43 72.9%
  • United States of America

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
LOL so you're telling me you would rather live in Russia than the US?
Okay this thread is not in the members section.

So, I haven't lived long enough in either country to form a solid opinion. But I do like cold climates, So in that aspect Canada, Russia, Greenland, Scandinavia, Alaska etc look good. :thumb:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Okay this thread is not in the members section.

So, I haven't lived long enough in either country to form a solid opinion. But I do like cold climates, So in that aspect Canada, Russia, Greenland, Scandinavia, Alaska etc look good. :thumb:
I asked you not because @ghost mentioned that he would prefer the US for living, and you explicitly stated that you disagreed with this (first two lines).

Last edited by a moderator:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I asked you not because @ghost mentioned that he would prefer the US for living, and you explicitly stated that you disagreed with this (first two lines).
I haven't agreed or disagreed with his first two lines. I did not comment on it because, it was his personal opinion formed by his personal experiences.
Besides, just like our previous few posts, his first few lines are in the grey area as far as subject of this thread goes.

Glint

Country flag
I'm obviously gonna go with US
but if its a general question then,

Military wise India would choose Russia.
Economically India would choose United States.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Would support Russia.

Reasons:
1) India and Russia belong to the BRIC countries (Brazil,Russia,India and China).China could eclipse America as the world's largest economy, and if India and Brazil continue their upward trajectory and ally themselves with Russia, the four countries are serious contenders that countervail the European Union and G8 countries.

The BRIC Contains a Aggressor Named China would be always a threat to India .when they Inflitarted our Boundary and Erected a Tent no one give sh!ts to China ..even the o called ally Russia

2) After the Khobragade issue India knows how well it is "treated" by the Americans.
don't you protest our Ex President Dr.APJ disrespected in the US..but why for the Devyani only

3) The recent pharma issues- US dragging India to WTO to stop the production of cheaper medicines in India and threatening India with patents law is nothing but a mere show of its high handedness.
But Russia had been our all weather friend ,Russia also stood behind India when it bore the brunt of harsh criticism for its nuclear tests in 1974 and 1998.Not to metion our relations with Russia when it comes to defence cooperation. Russia has backed up India so its time India recognised its freinds and foes and supported Russia whole heartedly.....actually we already do.
Then why we Failed in the Chinese War ..why some of our Boundaries still under by the Pakistanis and Chinese

Regarding nuke Research Mr.APJ Reversed UK owned Nuke reactor to study bout Fission devices

Israel urged to US to slow down against US sanction

Give your reasons.
:pop:
done

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Russian Defence equipments are more reliable than Amrikees and Amrika has more money for investment for developing India....:rofl:

Compared to the West/American Systems Russian systems are not Good to stand against them ..!!

From fighters to small Arms Russia is beaten by west/America

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
I guess by reliable he meant the equipment parts are easily available.
During the Kargil conflict we have Short of Suppleis ..The Russians Refused The French Refused ...The Israel only gives Supplies

ask any Def Prof Here in DFI ..how is Russian Business in Defense Field

Sea Eagle

During the Kargil conflict we have Short of Suppleis ..The Russians Refused The French Refused ...The Israel only gives Supplies

They helped us because we were fighting the Pakis.
Had it been China or some other country they too would have given us Baba Ji ka Thullu !!

Glint

Country flag

There actually was no need for arms for Kargil war.India had enough weapons to fight such a low internsity war. Mostly Bofors Guns were used and the ammunition was imported from South Africa. Initially there was intelligence failure on Indian Army's part and the response was rather limited as they thought they can easily chase out the intruders. Later on when they realized the Pak army regulars are used IndianArmy sought the help of Indian Airforce and they did a splendid job. Because accurately bombing at such high altitude was tough and they exhausted much of the old and even outdated stock of bombs in carpet bombing and that was enough to make to starve the Pak regulars of thirst and food and they died miserably at high altitude.So India did not for beg for arms at that point of time and no question of anyone refusing to supply arms.
How exactly did you know that Russia refused?

As far as i know Israel supplied arms during 1971 not 1999

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
They helped us because we were fighting the Pakis.
Had it been China or some other country they too would have given us Baba Ji ka Thullu !!
do you think If we goes war with China ..does the so called Russia will help us ..?

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
How exactly did you know that Russia refused?

As far as i know Israel supplied arms during 1971 not 1999

There actually was no need for arms for Kargil war.India had enough weapons to fight such a low internsity war. Mostly Bofors Guns were used and the ammunition was imported from South Africa. Initially there was intelligence failure on Indian Army's part and the response was rather limited as they thought they can easily chase out the intruders. Later on when they realized the Pak army regulars are used IndianArmy sought the help of Indian Airforce and they did a splendid job. Because accurately bombing at such high altitude was tough and they exhausted much of the old and even outdated stock of bombs in carpet bombing and that was enough to make to starve the Pak regulars of thirst and food and they died miserably at high altitude.So India did not for beg for arms at that point of time and no question of anyone refusing to supply arms.
will ask @Ray Sir ..who knows well about How is Kargil war was ..?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In 1971 Israel gave us the Heavy Mortars and I know that.

In Kargil, there was a requirement for some Bofor ammunition of a special charge.

pankaj nema

Country flag
@Yusuf

USA is a " cheap " bully

What USA expects out of India is the following

1 FDI in retail
2 India joining US Asia - pivot policy against China
3 India should buy US nuclear reactors without any conditions

Now when we did not yield to their pressure they resorted to cheapness
such as Khobragade case ; trade disputes

Russia is far more reliable and trustworthy :russia:

pankaj nema

Country flag
@Yusuf

The present US defence secretary Chuck Hagel AND Secretary of state John Kerry
are BOTH Anti India

Since they will remain in office till 2017 January
We cant have much hope for Indo US relations

Add to that Hillary Clinton will be the NEXT Presidential Candidate from the Democratic
Party and she HATES Modi

So we have got all the factors available for keeping Indo US relations in a chilly state

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles