Who Are The Worst Khap Panchayat Or Judiciary

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by jus, May 23, 2015.

?

Who are Worst Khap Panchayat/Judiciary in India

1. Indian Judiciary

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Khap Panchayat

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Both

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. jus

jus Senior Member Senior Member

Justice delayed is Justice denied

Even today 30% illiterate, 40 % poor can't access out lethargic Judiciary

EX: Salman Khan cases,captured red handed in Drunk&Driving and Chingara shoot, after 14+yrs still no Justice.

Lakhs of pending in courts.Persons died (after decades )still cases are pending :rofl:

Khap

Instant justice.

illiterate and poor access easily.

3. Ancient Indian

Ancient Indian Unplugged Version Senior Member

Indian Judiciary is big joke.

They will serve the justice to anyone except the common man.

It is about time we should reform the system.

4. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

Judicial accountability bill is highly required. Also, some law to curb malpractices by lawyers is also needed to be brought in. The blood-sucker lawyers with conjunction to judiciary and administration sucks away lives.

Mad Indian likes this.
  5. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

That the khaps are still working after 65 years of independence should itself explain where judiciary went wrong. If judiciary were working well, half of the role of khaps would have ended long time ago. Even in current times, khaps intervene in murders, property and divorce cases. Once the case goes to khap, the solution is arrived quickly with the aggrieved parties agreeing to compromise.

Mad Indian and anupamsurey like this.
  6. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

I filed a cheque bounce case this week against a particularly stubborn Sindhi chap. Amount is not too big - 4.5 lakh (after compromise, the original amount owedwas 6 lakh). The cheque for 4.5 lakh bounced.

Now I am being told by the "legal fraternity" that I should expect the case to be finished "soon" since its an "open and shut case". But then, anecdotal evidence and observation tells me that it could take close to 5 years.

Screw it man - how the hell is one supposed to get "justice"?

jackprince and anupamsurey like this.
  7. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Take some Jat or Gujjar friends to his place!

8. anupamsurey

anupamsurey Regular Member

Indian Judiciary is notoriously lethargic, the person and media associated with Judicial system may have high regards about themselves, but the fact that there are more backlog cases than new cases shows how our Judiciary works. I for one donot have respect for persons placed in judiciary, any many of them are as corrupt (mostly in lower strata courts) as any other govt. set up can be.

the most satirical dialogue i have heard from our judiciary is - Justice delayed is justice denied, but still our judiciary does it again and again. thanks gods i havent fallen pray to any legal tussles.

jackprince likes this.
  9. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Welcome to my world.

It'll take you about half a decade if you are lucky. Since this is a small amount, the man will have access to a lot more level of appeals. If it was 20L and plus then straight away HC atleast in Delhi. And I haven't heard of anyone going to jail because of cheque bouncing.

So at the end of a few years, you guys might end up going for a settlement, and you would be lucky to get the principal back.

I would urge you to keep pressure up on this guy before you file a case. Try to extract as much as you can.

Also you have 3 months to file the case, so keep up the pressure.

10. Singh

What makes you think that man doesn't have jat or gujjar friends ? LOL.

11. MananNarainSharma

MananNarainSharma Regular Member

Are you seriously comparing the Judiciary to Khap? Yeah sure the judiciary has its faults but Jesus Christ how about some perspective.

12. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

I already filed the case - I waited for 1.5 months. When I told this guy, "chal bhai, tu bhi mushkil mein hai, main bhi mushkil mein hoon - ek kaam karte hain, tu bas 3 lakh dede - bhool jaate hain isko" - guess what his reply was? He said, "Sir, agle saal paise aane waale hain mere paas, aap agle saal aaiye - Jan 2016 ko aapka poora paisa mil jaayega".

That's when I realized that I don't have an option - let me just go ahead and file it for now, then we'll see what other steps I can take.

13. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Mahabharat! Mahabharat! .

14. Singh

Sending you a whatsapp, follow that you might just end up lucky.

Bangalorean likes this.
  15. MananNarainSharma

MananNarainSharma Regular Member

Threaten him with section 138 of NI act. That is a criminal offense easy to prove and the man will definitely go to jail.

One important thing, you need to have proof of goods or services delivered. If you have that, urge you to press charges irrespective of getting your money back. Such crooks should be thrown in jail to teach them and their kind a lesson. In our country I know that the judicial system is fucked up but you need to persist otherwise how will these crooks learn if they keep getting away with it.

Bangalorean likes this.
  16. Peter

Peter Senior Member Senior Member

Indian judiciary may be slow but I will always choose it over the khaps. We all know that khaps give all kinds of barbaric judgments and are biased in their rulings.

17. Singh

If you are rich, powerful, influential you can fix any mundane court. ;)

18. Peter

Peter Senior Member Senior Member

Sir,

Yes the rich and powerful always get the better end of the bargain in a court or a khap panchayat. However, unlike some of the khaps of Haryana which give death sentence to people marrying outside their caste, the judiciary gives far more logical judgments which are based on the Constitution of India.

19. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

But, if the judgement is not swift and years and decades have been wasted after the pursuit of that, the logical judgement is worse than no judgement. As you obviously know that the appeal procedures after the initial judgement would make one lose more time and money.

anupamsurey likes this.
  20. anupamsurey

anupamsurey Regular Member

all you are saying is based upon the image of khap created by media, but the thing which has me bothering is the fact that people approach Khap to get justice, it means that they are doing some kind of work, which is perceived as good by people.
    personally i haven't seen a Khap in my life, and this extra constitutional body must be dissolved.

21. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

Khaps are integral part of the local traditions and societies where they belong. These institutions have done more for the local communities than any government institution has done for past 68 years. It is very easy to miss certain details in Bird's Eye View, particularly when the Liberals and the media love to cherry-pick. Off course there have been excesses and mistakes, but we cannot wish the Khaps away particularly in places where Government Institutions are barely present.

I must say this with with my personal experience that the lower Judiciary of India is extremely corrupt and nepotism is rampant.