Which Religion is most peaceful....

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Why the laughter ? Islam is in fact quite a peaceful religion, look at all the sufis for eg.
Islam may be a peaceful religion but certainly not the Most Peaceful religion i guess that's why i laughed.

I too appreciate Sufis , but they are only 2-5 millions in the world, about 85% of Muslim population is Sunni population, and i highly doubt their peaceful nature not only in historical ages but even in this age too. But i hope Indian Muslims will teach others what peaceful co-existence and love for other religions mean.

amitkriit

Islam may be a peaceful religion but certainly not the Most Peaceful religion i guess that's why i laughed.

I too appreciate Sufis , but they are only 2-5 millions in the world, about 85% of Muslim population is Sunni population, and i highly doubt their peaceful nature not only in historical ages but even in this age too. But i hope Indian Muslims will teach others what peaceful co-existence and love for other religions mean.
If you wish to know about Islam, you must talk to muslims living in "Islamic Countries", they are more truthful because they feel secure. They will tell you there is nothing called a "Tolerant or Moderate" Muslim, either you are a "Muslim" or you are not, FULL STOP. Whole world according to them is divided into two parts "Darul Islam", where Muslims rule and "Darul Harb" which is rule by non-believers and must be conquered. All these talks about "Moderate Muslim" are just "talks", let them become the "majority" and then see what they really are and what they really want.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I don't know which religion is most peaceful but the number of people killed from the start of Industrial age, till today is by Christians.
Murders done by Christian dictators in Africa can outnumber the total murders done elsewhere any given day.

mayankkrishna

Country flag
To be fair, it is not correct to state that all Hindus can enter the Same Temple.

There are temples where the women are not allowed.

There are temples where the Scheduled Castes are not allowed.

Politicians divide the Indian for their own selfish gains!
Sabarimala.... ! Certain religious rules are aesthetically ritualised to give more meaningful practice. Blind idol worship would certainly mar the true faith and would certainly diminish values attached to such beliefs.

As per some beliefs Woman who have not reached their menopausal age shall not be allowed inside the temple not because of the fear that Ayappa will leave the shrine, rather in a belief that woman will desire and fall in love with the beautiful celibate God. Even we pray to Hanumaanji and unmarried women are not advised to pray for him, for the reason that he himself being incarnation of Lord Shiva manifested in Bramhchaari Avatar.

S.A.T.A

^
Significantly its only the Swami Ayyappan temple at Shabarimala where woman of certain age group are forbidden from making the arduous pilgrimage to the temple on the steep Shabari hills.However Swami Ayyappan temples found all over India,outside Shabarimala,allow entrance to all woman of all age group.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Yeah and the only Lord Shani Temple, I recently visited had a nice board outside declaring "Women worshipers are not allowed inside".

Rest in every temple, all are allowed be they from some lower caste or any gender :namaste:

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
The only true spirituality is in the incorruptibility of the self which is eternal. The harmony of the self has no law and laws only shrink your freedom but this must not be translated to mean chaos, it is above all law and above all chaos. The true need of man is to be set free unconditional, which means to be set free from all his so called problems. A man caught up in fear is bound to be confused, aggressive, competitive, hateful, addicted or narrow and all these are nothing more than expressions of fear and a need to preserve oneself. A man without fear is really an non-aggressive man and a peaceful man, he needs no law and his not in conflict with any existing law however absurd it may be, it is only fear that requires laws to control. In that case all religions have failed completely and utterly to set man free, on the contrary they have imprisoned mankind and induce fear to control people. Anything born out of fear is destructive and religion being created by mans fear is one of the most destructive ideas. Its a terrible tragedy that is happening to man, if you think anyone is free because he has more money or piety towards god or fame your sadly mistaken. All religions create violence in the mind, even the peaceful ones because once you follow something it is bound to contradict with reality and cause confusion and conflict.

There are no exceptions in this and all religion imprison humans and delay his natural state and assent to complete freedom. Religions destroy your natural progress in finding yourself or expressing your uniqueness.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Religion is basically a code of conduct and if understood properly in the proper context then its not harmful but when narrow minded clerics follow the text literally then it causes problems.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
If you wish to know about Islam, you must talk to muslims living in "Islamic Countries", they are more truthful because they feel secure. They will tell you there is nothing called a "Tolerant or Moderate" Muslim, either you are a "Muslim" or you are not, FULL STOP. Whole world according to them is divided into two parts "Darul Islam", where Muslims rule and "Darul Harb" which is rule by non-believers and must be conquered. All these talks about "Moderate Muslim" are just "talks", let them become the "majority" and then see what they really are and what they really want.
Even interacting with them as fellow muslim do the job. Moreover listening to 'friday speech' also helps( you don't even need to get within 100 meters of it).

no smoking

Country flag
Religion is basically a code of conduct and if understood properly in the proper context then its not harmful but when narrow minded clerics follow the text literally then it causes problems.
Who has the final power to decide whose understanding is correct? That is the biggest problem. Obviosly only god has that authority. So, every normal person, even he or she is top leader, could be questioned or argued, or even fighted against internally, not to mention external.

Rage

DFI TEAM
That's such a load of tripe bro. Casteism may be a form of hierarchical social organization, but it has its justification and its tenets in Hindu scripture and with Hindu gods and godesses. And Literate Hindus are some of the biggest practitioners of the caste system.

Buddhism is probably the most passive religion in the world.

I'd say, inherently, Hinduism is a non-violent, even if discriminatory, religion. But as with all things, men will find justification where they want them.

You see that, with the RSS, the IRA and the LRA, the al Qaeda etc. There is no end to the possibility of justifying violence if you want it. And you can find those justifications in the most picayune and innocuous things.

Besides, I will stress that no sect of Christianity forbars another sect from entering its place of worship. They're all trying to capture other sects, along with Hindus and Muslims. They do, however, not permit other sects from certain rights and rituals: like Eucharistic communion for those non-Catholic or the Beth Gazo for non-Syriac Christians. So, in that sense, it is discriminatory.

In the end, the best religion is probably one of rationalism tempered by humanity, and consideration for all mankind. You can be culturally Hindu, and practice all of the rituals and rites in a spirit of fellowship and communion with your family, as long as you don't allow it to overtake your mind. As long as Christians don't think that the earth is flat, and Hindus don't think that another is inferior simply because he came from the mouth of God himself, and Muslims don't confuse scriptural truth with scientific truth. As long as we can agree that in our political and social lives, a spirit of rational and secular law must exist, then private religion, whatever its origin, is tolerable and even beneficial.

What politicians have done, through vote capturing is blur the boundaries where they should exist, through rhetoric; the people, for lack of leaders other than the local clergy, lapping it up and eventually becoming scions and proponents of the same adulterated ways-of-life. What materialism has done, is bring back a proportion of science and rationalism into thought. What unequal materialism has done is raise suspicions among communities of other communities which religious rhetoric is used to justify.

You, all, have to understand one thing. The minorities of India are simply too big. They cannot be sidelined, or done away with, or ignored. This may not be an explicit suggestion, but it is implicit in any thing comparing religions. It's like doing away with or sidelining the state of U.P with 200 mln people. The only way is to secularize and mainstreamize then, despite the opposition despite the odds, until an inter-generational consensus is reached that a national, secular, rational ethos comes first. That is the point at which this will stop, the point at which parents will no longer tell their children that this community is weak, or useless, or dirty or money-grubbing or promiscuous, slanderous and vaudevillian.

Stop dwelling in the past, live in the present. And for the future.

Caste and religion are the two different things, caste rather belongs to and originated from customs, professions and traditions. Literate Hindus do not consider these things, recent trend of intercaste marriages and Laws are ceasing these differences, you can't call an ST/SC person by his caste, as you will be prosecuted for this under ST/SC Act. Section 153A of Indian Penal Code is worth a read here.

I think as the Hindus are in majority in India,and thus all the Substantial Laws enacted in India directly reflect the concepts and principles of Hinduism. But the procedural Laws have been adopted and derived basically from British Laws.

I am a Hindu and i don't judge a person on his caste. creed or religion but i am scared of extremism of some religions who kill peoples in the name of their religion.

Jainism is off course one of the most peaceful religions but i have seen some of my Jain friends denying principles of Hinduism and taking them as false.I don't know how peaceful Buddhism is. To me Hinduism appears to be most peaceful religion of the world.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
@Rage

I didn't deny the existence of caste system,sadly it's practiced by Brahmans and other castes which are considered high in Hindus. But recent trends show that we are gradually leaving this system as coming ages won't have any place for such old orthodox systems as it is an internal problem of a particular religion which may affects its growth in the future.

I think more serious problems exist in other religions as compared to Hinduism, for example : terrorism in the name of religion, religious expansionism.

But those arguments just can't deny the comparatively peaceful nature of Hinduism.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
I don't know which religion is most peaceful but the number of people killed from the start of Industrial age, till today is by Christians.
Murders done by Christian dictators in Africa can outnumber the total murders done elsewhere any given day.
Mass murderers dictators in Africa are a product of the highly tribal nature of Africa. There are Muslim, Christian, and Animist mass-murderers in Africa. I am not trying to defend christians just because I am a Christian - it wouldnt have mattered what their religion was - it would have still happened.

Thats not to say that there a no Muslim-Christian related violence in Africa. Yes there is, but it only adds to the already existing problems between various tribal factions. Its not the root-cause.

The issue in Africa is that when a leader takes control he appoints mostly people from his own tribe in senior positions because of the intense mistrust between various tribes. All the business opportunities go to the rich and tribal connections. Eventually this creates huge resentment leading to revolts, militias, massacres, etc.

Last edited:

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Personally, I think that current major religions of the world are fast approaching that "point of inflection" where many people of all faiths are questioning the fundamental under-pinings of their theology/spiritual/religious practice or doctrine.

I think India would be a much better place for all Indians - if the Hindus became less Hindu, the Muslims became less Muslim, and the Christians became less Christian. If the next generation of Indians decides that religious affliation is a lot less important than their Indian identity - then maybe India can forge an identity that is not based on religious/communal ties.

Sikh_warrior

Professional
Humanism/Humanity/Mankind existed even before religion came into practice!

believe in Humanity, you will believe in everything.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles