Which Religion is most peaceful....

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Agnostics like me who sit on the fence.

Although i wont think of myself as 'peaceful'...id put some countries right if i had the power.
Maybe I am one step higher in the game of Peace!

I sit on NO fence.

I sit in a levitated form in my mind! :)

p2prada

Laughing at the mortals and their simple self created problems.

Bwahahahaha!

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Insaniyat hi sabse bada dharm hai,
insan ki madad karna hi sabse bada karm hai.

Humanity is the greatest Religion, and to help a human being is the greatest act.:amen:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Centuries ago human character was judged depending on his/her religion. Human colonies were identified with their faith.

In modern time, how religion can be parameter to know human inclination towards peace? Isn't it discrimination when you conclude saying X religion is most peaceful?

No religion advocates violence. Then how can we demote some religion while asserting that other religion is more peaceful?

--

Religion has been tool of emperors to attain more power. Till some extent even today leaders use it.

But we are no longer communities known only by religion. Various religions are all spread across every section of society. How can we determine which was peaceful religion during all those riots independent India has witnessed? Come with statistics & if we find out that religion-X followers have highest genocidal numbers then how can rest of the followers of that religion are guilty or less peaceful in this context? And then why should that religion be called non-peaceful?

Are we asking the wrong question?

I believe veritably it should be, Which religion's followers are most peaceful?

--

Human nature adapt & reacts in accordance with its surroundings. Its inclination towards peace is primarily based on its security, which further falls into subdomains like physical & economic security. Depending on circumstances humans respond, religion being only a short factor of it. Does the communal survival leads them to violance instead of peace & vice versa? Maybe.

We've many religions & is undoubtedly important part of most of the population. If to compare peace in religious perspective, I'll look at following parameters -

-- Practice: Its known that every religion advises non-violent procedures when practicing it. While practicing any faith if followers feel threatened by other religion, clashes rise. Peace is distorted. This will happen regardless of any particular religious activity being in vicinity of other. History has it that when in minority, certain believers were exploited or even massacred in worst cases. In terms of practice, I don't see any religion most peaceful. Every religion's practice is calm.

-- Expansion: Just to spread faith, we've witnessed much of the violence in history. Be it colonization, crusades or medieval asian time; emperors invaded/revenged other empires destroying peace in the name of religion. During colonization, spread of Christianity became synonymous with european empire's aspiration involving forceful conversion. That ultimately disturbed peace when religion was tool & motive was to capture maximum land & to keep its native population favorable. Muslim leaders took their toll while invading southern parts of asia. Personally, I consider Buddhism spread peacefully than others. Maybe because political ambitions were less involved.

-- Ethics: Religious literature was believed to be matter of autocratic teaching for most of the time in past. Clearly because replication techniques of texts which then can be easily in accessible to ordinary mass were not invented. Emperors & religious leaders took advantage of this resulting in gigantic atrocities. Provoking against other faith, leading to cruel exercise even within same religion made it sure than peace became subject to whimsical leaders. Church used to enjoy power, Hindus even instructed it wrong in cases. And today Islamic terrorism is live example of wrongly taught ethics leading to hundreds of death all across planet every rising day. Misinterpretation of Quran is turning adolescent teens into suicide bombers even before they understand if human existence can mean anything more beyond what Mullah roared. Wrongly taught ethics make Christianity & Islam least peacefully followed religion due to Dark age, Terrorism respectively IMO.

--

What activity religions undertake hereafter & what consequences it'll award remains in our hand. Giving it a political motive will never be in favor of humanity, point to be understood if at all human intelligence can control its desires.

still everyone goes to the
SAME TEMPLE ...

whether unity is for
Hindus or others"¦?
Hindus never quarreled
each other for the last ten thousand years in the name of religion.

This belief is a fraud. Hindus had & have their own issues. Hindu followers have tendencies to fight within themselves & with others. Hinduism has nothing to do with it. Their misplaced loyalties are defaming Hinduism.

Last edited:

S.A.T.A

Peace or the desire for it falls in the realm of social organization,a stable society desires peace,religion hankers not for peace but the truth...Ask which is the most truthful of all religions perhaps.......

amitkriit

Teddy Bear religion is the most peaceful one. I am on the board of directors.
Here is one of the official websites:
OurReligionExactly

You can also Try this, this one claims that its the only "True Faith", this one is a bit hostile towards others:
Buggism

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Only Politicians had tried to divide and rule"¦

Keep Religion out of Politics and India will be the most peaceful place on Earth.
While speaking on Sanatan Dharma (popularly called Hinduism nowadays) you forgot one very important teaching "Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam" world is one family. Anything no matter if the place is the remotest, is going to affect the others living in the farthest. So please don't confine peace only to Bharat and blame it alone on politicians for non occurrence. Secondly, peace has nothing to do with Dharma (word religion can not be the substitute) but it is the extreme monopolistic religious beliefs which have everything to do with its antonyms. At one side you have Abrahamic religions with monopolistic attitude and at another you have Sanatan Dharma which says "Ekam Sat Vipraha Bhauda Vadanti". So like SATA said, it would better if you ask "Which one is truthful of all..."

deleted.....reason hopeless.
Shying away from attempting to discover the ultimate is understandable but crafting theories to glorify it is cunningness( better word will offend).

Like to tell while in PhD(Physics), i got a lot of reading materials on astronomy (precisely on birth of solar systems and space) and Stephen W Hawking is one very special person out there. However he is not special to me because he is an outstanding Physicist(theoretical) but because he denies existence of God yet while explaining 'Black Holes' he use words like 'somehow'. Here Black Hole is very special because he uses it as base to explain birth of universe, stars, solar system, all the way to origin of life (Humans and Aliens). Now you yourself think is there a space for words like somehow in science. And what if that somehow means Bhagwan(God)? Now a days Discovery Channel is showing a series on his work you may like to watch it to see for yourself.

--------------------
Atheism : Well the largest tribe to represent it are Communists and world knows how peaceful they are.

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Islam is the most peaceful religion!

Blackwater

All religions are peacefull . It's their Thakedar, who manipulates or misuse religion to fill there pockets and power...

chex3009

Country flag
The religion which is on the verge of extinction is the most peaceful.

amoy

Daoism isn't a religion, it is a philosophy.
but it was ritualized as a "religion" long since, and Laozi (Lao Tse) the founder is worshipped as a deity. Longevity, abstinence, and harmony with the Nature - peace

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
but it was ritualized as a "religion" long since, and Laozi (Lao Tse) the founder is worshipped as a deity. Longevity, abstinence, and harmony with the Nature - peace
That is unfortunate. Neither Laozi nor Siddhartha Gautama, the founders of the two greatest philosophies in history, wanted to be worshipped

They wanted their followers to be free from such obligations and find eternal peace and TRUTH.

jackzayum

Why don't we just make the earth a peaceful place to live in. I know it's quite a difficult task to do but it's in our religion that we have to find peace within ourselves and peace outside.

StealthSniper

Why don't we just make the earth a peaceful place to live in. I know it's quite a difficult task to do but it's in our religion that we have to find peace within ourselves and peace outside.
You know the greatest threat to Human civilization is Human's itself. It's in our blood to one up each other and you will see when the natural resources get more scarce, then our true colors will come out.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles