Which Laptop to Buy?

nimo_cn

Country flag
Any laptop that has not been 'manufactured' in China.
that is more difficult than to buy a laptop manufactured in India.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk 2

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
that is more difficult than to buy a laptop manufactured in India.

Is China the sole country that produces laptops and its accessories?

nimo_cn

Country flag
not really, still it's difficult to find a laptop with no made-in-China component.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
not really, still it's difficult to find a laptop with no made-in-China component.

Learning to trust is one of life's most difficult tasks.

Chinese goods cannot be trusted. Even Chinese don't trust Chinese goods.

Product quality has long scared Chinese consumers, who often prefer to buy foreign brands they believe are superior to local products. Can you deny that?

Two-Thirds Of Chinese Consumers No Longer Trust Western Fast-Food As "Meat Scandal" Spreads Across Asia
Two-Thirds Of Chinese Consumers No Longer Trust Western Fast-Food As "Meat Scandal" Spreads Across Asia | Zero Hedge
Likewise for the milk products. Remember the scam?

A contract's purpose is different to the Chinese than it is to Westerners. A signed agreement serves two primary functions for Chinese companies. First, the contract shows good faith and trust in wanting to do business with the partner company. It's a symbolic gesture or an extension of the personal bonding. Along with the dinners, social drinking, and karaoke, the contract is an act of friendship.

A U.S. energy company signed an agreement with China's third-largest solar module manufacturer. The supplier could not deliver its first order because it lacked the necessary equipment to perform the required quality tests. Also, the company could not produce certain module sizes and power capacities. The U.S. company was dumbfounded; why sign a contract when the manufacturer knew that it couldn't meet product or test specifications?

The solar company responded, "The contract shows our friendship and loyalty to our customer. We have good intentions and planned to do the testing in the future. We never intentionally mislead our American friends. It's the opposite--we want to be friends first, and business partners second."

Second, Chinese see the contract as a commitment to the terms but only under current market conditions. As market situations change--for example, if there are raw-material shortages or if demand increases--the Chinese feel that they have the right to make changes. In their eyes, it's not fair to be tied down when business is constantly changing. Likewise, they don't feel offended if U.S. companies make changes. To the Chinese, the contract is a moving target that both sides monitor and negotiate as market forces change...

It's customary for a Chinese company to squeeze every nickel out of its suppliers, which contributes to quality deterioration. Chinese factories make low bids knowing that they can find ways to recoup the profits.

An automotive parts company, tired of receiving defective parts, established a subsidiary in Shanghai. With its own staff, the company performed incoming inspections at the supplier's warehouses. The added costs in establishing a subsidiary were more than offset by the reductions in defective returns, late shipments to customers, and aggravating late-night calls to China.
Quality Digest Magazine
Therefore, if any electronic stuff has accessories or parts from China, then one has to follow the US slogan on this dollar bill.

In God We Trust. God alone can help!

nimo_cn

Country flag
Learning to trust is one of life's most difficult tasks.

Chinese goods cannot be trusted. Even Chinese don't trust Chinese goods.

Product quality has long scared Chinese consumers, who often prefer to buy foreign brands they believe are superior to local products. Can you deny that?

Likewise for the milk products. Remember the scam?

Therefore, if any electronic stuff has accessories or parts from China, then one has to follow the US slogan on this dollar bill.

In God We Trust. God alone can help!
I understand your sentiment, the way you are acting is typical for a loser.

No doubt that many Chinese prefer western products, but how many of them prefer Indian products? Every time you comment on Chinese products, keep in mind that you are not a westerner but a ----ing Indian.

Why not make a comparison between Chinese products and Indian products?

You have made it pretty obvious that you disapprove products made in China, but the ironical thing is that you cant really avoid made in China.

While you are desperately trying to boycott Chinese products, your countrymen are embracing them, the growing sino-indo trade imbalance just proves that.

And even as every Indian poster here swears it that they are not gonna buy Chinese products, the trade imbalance is still climbing, damn that must be killing you guys.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I understand your sentiment, the way you are acting is typical for a loser.

No doubt that many Chinese prefer western products, but how many of them prefer Indian products? Every time you comment on Chinese products, keep in mind that you are not a westerner but a ----ing Indian.

Why not make a comparison between Chinese products and Indian products?

You have made it pretty obvious that you disapprove products made in China, but the ironical thing is that you cant really avoid made in China.

While you are desperately trying to boycott Chinese products, your countrymen are embracing them, the growing sino-indo trade imbalance just proves that.

And even as every Indian poster here swears it that they are not gonna buy Chinese products, the trade imbalance is still climbing, damn that must be killing you guys.

Loser?

You are right. The number of computers ex China people have had to junk does make the world a loser.

I am an Indian, but you are a Chinese who the west thinks are apes since the Chinese are aping the West, to the ridiculous extent of building cities that replicate Western cities. How more stupid, weird and kowtowing can one get than that?

This aping of the West and kowtowing to their civilisation is an insult to the Chinese. Am I to understand that Chinese civilisation is so weak that it requires cities that are copycatting to the last detail western cities?

If your Zijin Cheng (Chinese: 紫禁城) that lousy that you have to replicate the White House in China at Hangzhou, China?

This shows the inferiority and convoluted kowtowing mentality that you all posses.

Why should one compare Indian and Chinese goods?

If we are to buy, then we will compare with what is in the market. Currently, with the cheapness of the Chinese, they have flooded cheap goods. They are fine for the money saved, but if one wants quality, then it is Western goods. The Chinese are so cheap that even when one wants to buy Indian, it is the cheap Chinese goods that attract, even though one regrets later.

Indeed, the cheap Chinese stuff is a steal so to say. That is why most of the world lap it up. And the affluent countries don't regret since they have a waste economy.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Loser?

You are right. The number of computers ex China people have had to junk does make the world a loser.

I am an Indian, but you are a Chinese who the west thinks are apes since the Chinese are aping the West, to the ridiculous extent of building cities that replicate Western cities. How more stupid, weird and kowtowing can one get than that?

This aping of the West and kowtowing to their civilisation is an insult to the Chinese. Am I to understand that Chinese civilisation is so weak that it requires cities that are copycatting to the last detail western cities?

If your Zijin Cheng (Chinese: 紫禁城) that lousy that you have to replicate the White House in China at Hangzhou, China?

This shows the inferiority and convoluted kowtowing mentality that you all posses.

Why should one compare Indian and Chinese goods?

If we are to buy, then we will compare with what is in the market. Currently, with the cheapness of the Chinese, they have flooded cheap goods. They are fine for the money saved, but if one wants quality, then it is Western goods. The Chinese are so cheap that even when one wants to buy Indian, it is the cheap Chinese goods that attract, even though one regrets later.

Indeed, the cheap Chinese stuff is a steal so to say. That is why most of the world lap it up. And the affluent countries don't regret since they have a waste economy.
Old man, hold your horse and let us just focus on Chinese products.

You are right by saying that if one wants quality, they should buy western products, but certainly they wont go for Indian products. Indian products are either cost effective nor of high quality.

You as an Indian keep on demeaning made in China, but could list a single good thing about made in India, instead you desperately compare Chinese goods with western goods.

then my question is, are you Indian or westerner, are you ashamed of made in India?

If an Japanese said the same thing about Chinese products as you did, I would not refute, because their world class manufacturing industry makes them qualified.

But you are not from Japan but India, a country so large and so populated yet so incompetent in manufacturing. What makes feel so superior? that China couldnt manufacture as well as the west?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Old man, hold your horse and let us just focus on Chinese products.

You are right by saying that if one wants quality, they should buy western products, but certainly they wont go for Indian products. Indian products are either cost effective nor of high quality.

You as an Indian keep on demeaning made in China, but could list a single good thing about made in India, instead you desperately compare Chinese goods with western goods.

then my question is, are you Indian or westerner, are you ashamed of made in India?

If an Japanese said the same thing about Chinese products as you did, I would not refute, because their world class manufacturing industry makes them qualified.

But you are not from Japan but India, a country so large and so populated yet so incompetent in manufacturing. What makes feel so superior? that China couldnt manufacture as well as the west?

I demean Chinese product since they have cause innumerable problems when they are really required to function.

I am not ashamed of Indian products.

Indian products like the Pulsar is being copied by China as Bulsar is one I can immediately recall.

Imagine China copycatting India!

There were IPR infringement by Chinese manufacturers in Sri Lankan and South American markets.

Pulsar clone versions are sold in Bangladesh also.

The 'Tomahawk' motorcycle manufactured by Hong Kong based Giantco Limited, 'YB200' motorcycle manufactured by China based Taizhou City Kaitong Motorcycle Manufacture Co., Limited (the company which made a clone of Piaggio MP3), 'ZX200-7(G) and ZX200-7(II)' motorcycles manufactured by China based Jiangsu Zhongxing Motor Group Co., Limited, 'RT150-8' motorcycle manufactured by China based Chongqing Rato Power Co., Limited, 'SM150-GB' motorcycle manufactured by China based Pantera Motorcycle Co.,Limited, 'HJ200-23' motorcycle manufactured by China based Guangzhou Panyu Haojian Motorcycle Industry Co.,Limited, 'VL150-30, VL150-28 & VL150-26' motorcycles manufactured by China based Veli Technology Industrial Co., Limited, 'SUM200 Pulsar' motorcycle manufactured by China based Chongqing Union Co., Limited, 'YG200-7A' motorcycle manufactured by China based Chongqing Yingang Sci.&Tech.(Group)Co.,Limited and 'YX150-CS' motorcycle manufactured by China based Chongqing YInxiang Motorcycle(Group) Co., Limited are some famous replica of Pulsar brand motorcycles.

Wiki

Last edited:

sob

Mod
Country flag
@Singh, initially it pinched me buying a Mac, but no regrets now. Almost 2 years now, it has never crashed, no rebooting required.

I could just go on and on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@sob sir, good choice.

I have to reinstall my windows every year :(

pmaitra

@sob sir, good choice.

I have to reinstall my windows every year :(
My old Sager with Windows 7 has been running fine since 2009, and has only started to overheat and give problems in the past few months. Never had to re-install Windows.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Macbook Air without doubt. But I also need old Lenovo windows when I feel like playing Civilization etc.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
The laptops with the least Chinese components come from Samsung. It makes its own memory, SSD, display, body, etc., in Korea, while its system board is sourced from Taiwan. The CPU and SI are sourced from Malaysia/Costa Rica. The notebook itself is assembled in Taiwan. Sadly, it's assembled by Hon Hai Precision (Foxconn), which is a Chinese ODM. The one component that's completely made in China is its battery. It's made by LG Chemical.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
The customized "For Work" Dell Laptops are assembled in Malaysia and are of much better quality compared to their "For Home" offerings (Inspiron Series :puke:). Customer service is also better.

pmaitra

The laptops with the least Chinese components come from Samsung. It makes its own memory, SSD, display, body, etc., in Korea, while its system board is sourced from Taiwan. The CPU and SI are sourced from Malaysia/Costa Rica. The notebook itself is assembled in Taiwan. Sadly, it's assembled by Hon Hai Precision (Foxconn), which is a Chinese ODM. The one component that's completely made in China is its battery. It's made by LG Chemical.
Wow, this is a very informative comment. Thank you for sharing. Looks like you take a lot of interest in computer components.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles