Which Laptop to Buy?

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Go for Mac if you like, It is bit pricey but worth. believe me, you put your hand on mac and get use to it, you dont like any other.

One other problem with mac, you need to buy its license products if you want office suite again pricey.
It is well worth the extra Dollars, I am still using 1993, 145B and 2003 beige G3 Apple computers. Once I replace the screen on 145B Powerbook it will be business as usual for me. My latest addition is IMAC 277inch i5 model. My next purchase will be the mini computer and IPad.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I am using Lenovo Y Series, got it some 6 months ago for ~48K.

Its good so far, service is prompt. I burned the tiny power circuit due to overcharging, lenovo guys replaced entire motherboard & other circuitry in 3 days.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Go for Mac if you like, It is bit pricey but worth. believe me, you put your hand on mac and get use to it, you dont like any other.

One other problem with mac, you need to buy its license products if you want office suite again pricey.
A similar spec'd Mac costs 3 times as much as a Windows Laptop..

Aayush

Protip: Don't go for Windows 8 so soon.You'll be good with Windows 7 for atleast the next 3 years.
I would recommend the Dell XPS range...

Last edited:

opesys

I have zeroed in on Lenovo G series. Intel i5 3rd gen, 4gb ram, 15.6" screen and around 35k. Any thoughts on it ?
Don't go for Lenovo unless it is thinkpad...
If you are not anti apple then try Mac once.Their low end laptops perform as good as windows high end configuration laptops.You can install Linux in it and you can even run windows virtually in it...after this you will never buy a windows laptop again in your life and you will happily ever after with your MAC... :dance:

Last edited:

mki

A similar spec'd Mac costs 3 times as much as a Windows Laptop..
true, but as i said once you have mac you dont like to touch any other make. b4 mac i used dell, toshiba, lenovo, but in all those three i had os creshed avg 2 times a year. but in mac i dont have this problem so far and i am using mac from last 4 years. due to rough use of mine, the base cover came out so i stick it with packing tap (Our desi jugad :namaste:), but so far no problem with respect to running properly. one other advantage with mac is you dont need antivirus as much as microsoft os.

you will find problem switing from MS os to Mac os as some systems are different but its worth to learn, as I personally feels mac will give more security and regarding connections mac will do it by it self for you (I have experience with respect to Windows Vista).

as per my opinion and experience, MAC products are first site love and continue as campainion for life. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Only a madcap buys a mac.

Anyone with an apple product should have his voting rights revoked because clearly he cant rationalize between options and choose the better one imo!

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Technology improves quickly, so I wouldn't spend a a lot on laptops. I think it's better to buy a new laptop every 2 (or 3 ) years. As for gaming, a desktop is best, you can frequently update it.

And Mac. :bplease:

opesys

Anyone with an apple product should have his voting rights revoked because clearly he cant rationalize between options and choose the better one imo!

Have you used a mac anytime in your life ? My friend runs three VMwares on it and it handles it so smoothly...show this on other laptops and will see who will get to keep the voting rights...
P.S I am using a windows/Linux dual boot laptop for now...I have already invested in this laptop so I will keep this for a year alteast...

mki

my friend you are partially correct.

Because the people who have mac the know the advantages and disadvantages of mac. they know products and services. Mac owners always recommend Mac products because they got what they paid for, Mac customers are satisfied with the products and the product it self exceeded the expectation. thats the reason mac owners suggest mac products.

As the best policy of the marketing, "make your existing customers happy and satisfied, they will bring new customers for you." I think Apple Inc understood and implemented this law in their systems.

Let me rationalize my opinion, I have mac 4 years old, my friend brought Sony last year. I have 2GB ram, He have 4GB, he have advance processor, his one is I5, mine is Core 2 deo, still mine take less time to start and respond.

As I am not technical person so I can write only what I can see..:confused:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Have you used a mac anytime in your life ? My friend runs three VMwares on it and it handles it so smoothly...show this on other laptops and will see who will get to keep the voting rights...
P.S I am using a windows/Linux dual boot laptop for now...I have already invested in this laptop so I will keep this for a year alteast...
Whats the facination with comparing 30k windows laptop with 100k mac ? buy a premium windows laptop with a ssd drive and see the wonders. guess what apple doesn't make its own hardware.

:yey:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
my friend you are partially correct.

Because the people who have mac the know the advantages and disadvantages of mac. they know products and services. Mac owners always recommend Mac products because they got what they paid for, Mac customers are satisfied with the products and the product it self exceeded the expectation. thats the reason mac owners suggest mac products.

As the best policy of the marketing, "make your existing customers happy and satisfied, they will bring new customers for you." I think Apple Inc understood and implemented this law in their systems.

Let me rationalize my opinion, I have mac 4 years old, my friend brought Sony last year. I have 2GB ram, He have 4GB, he have advance processor, his one is I5, mine is Core 2 deo, still mine take less time to start and respond.

As I am not technical person so I can write only what I can see..:confused:
and he can probably do more on his laptop once it starts than you can. that explains why yours starts faster because it hardly has to run any "processes"

mki

and he can probably do more on his laptop once it starts than you can. that explains why yours starts faster because it hardly has to run any "processes"

While the system starts, OS take maximum time and space in your ram and catch, then the startup program like antivirus, ms office and so on..... I have office suite for mac he have ms office, antivirus he have i dont have, our lp are connected with wireless internet connections. mine startup is mail, ichat, his have non of these extras on stratup.

the OS is also factore to start up the computer faster. more your os run passive more faster your pc is.

i dont know why you are so anti-MAC. and by the way here i just gave my opinion and expalination about my opinion. i had written what is my experice with mac and other company products.

Nagraj

loled @ the term protip.
too much gaming:D
Protip: Don't go for Windows 8 so soon.You'll be good with Windows 7 for atleast the next 3 years.
I would recommend the Dell XPS range...

opesys

Whats the facination with comparing 30k windows laptop with 100k mac ? buy a premium windows laptop with a ssd drive and see the wonders. guess what apple doesn't make its own hardware.

Yes, macs are expensive that is something I hate about them and that is one of the reasons why I haven't bought a mac yet :D .... They have intentionally kept the prices way too high but I admire their design philosophy...they have customized their software for a particular hardware and it is really smooth and stable...once you get used to it you will not mind spending and getting a mac...

opesys

Yes, macs are expensive that is something I hate about them and that is one of the reasons why I haven't bought a mac yet :D .... They have intentionally kept the prices way too high but I admire their design philosophy...they have customized their software for a particular hardware and it is really smooth and stable...once you get used to it you will not mind spending and getting a mac...

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
One has to wonder, why a mac user runs 3 VMwares, for Windows, Linux etc. And why I have never seen a Windows user run a mac using VMware on his Win PC. Maybe Mac is not that good after all...

opesys

One has to wonder, why a mac user runs 3 VMwares, for Windows, Linux etc. And why I have never seen a Windows user run a mac using VMware on his Win PC. Maybe Mac is not that good after all...
Because a win pc will die if you try to run a 3 vmwares....but a mac can handle it... I never said that is the only reason why ppl should buy mac...my point was to tell that is how much powerful mac is...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles