Which is the worst Metro-politan city in India?

Which is the worst Metro-politan city in India?

• New Delhi

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Mumbai

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Kolkata

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Chennai

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Hyderabad

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Bangalore

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Hey, man, no need to be racist here ! Everyone has a right to opinion, you may or may not the other person's opinion, but stay within limits of mutual decency.

By the way, I never mentioned that of all people I know who have stayed in Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore, everybody said that Bangalore and Hyderabad are much cleaner than Chennai. And the people are down right cold to the outsiders, to almost anyone who isn't Tamil.
Obviously you dont know about Mr.Oracles tirade against me and Sambar idlie comments! Whats raceist here anyway!

Ya Chennai people are rude to outsiders and i would say the same to Delhi, i got frisked by the auto guys there as well.

sandeepdg

I also feel that although, Mumbai has its negatives, but it is still the most cosmopolitan city in India, the only one matching international standards other than Bangalore to some extent.

sandeepdg

Obviously you dont know about Mr.Oracles tirade against me and Sambar idlie comments! Whats raceist here anyway!

Ya Chennai people are rude to outsiders and i would say the same to Delhi, i got frisked by the auto guys there as well.
Okay, man. I didn't knew about that.

But as for the autowallas, don't worry they are the same everywhere in India, except in Kolkata. Probably the best auto service in the country. Even I got frisked by the auto guys in Bangalore, I later found out from my friend there that they make it a point to target outsiders by overcharging them, and purposely speaking in Kannada even though they can understand Hindi as well as English.

pmaitra

Thank goodness everyone is posted Kolkatta!! I thought Chennai would get the rod from all these Northies!!

Chennai is not bad except for the summers..its a great city!
Why do you assume such things? Everyone is trying to be honest.

Yes, Chennai would have gotten the rod if water supply were the sole parameter to decide which city was the best, whether northie or southie. :)

sandeepdg

Yes, Chennai would have gotten the rod if water supply were the sole parameter to decide which city was the best, whether northie or southie. :)
Mate, what's wrong with Chennai's water supply ??

Param

Hey, man, no need to be racist here ! Everyone has a right to opinion, you may or may not the other person's opinion, but stay within limits of mutual decency.

By the way, I never mentioned that of all people I know who have stayed in Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore, everybody said that Bangalore and Hyderabad are much cleaner than Chennai. And the people are down right cold to the outsiders, to almost anyone who isn't Tamil.
And Delhites are the most welcoming, peace loving ones. No one has ever heard of aggression and racism there. Am I correct???

Each and every city has it's good and bad. I agree that Bangaore and Hyd are cleaner.

Those who think that chennai is cold to outsiders that is probably because of the language barrier. TN is the only state in India where most people don't know Hindi.

Oracle

Its better than some chung pa la desmo momo noodle town you come from!
I can guarantee you that is not the place I come from. A town does not exist in India with such name. Your general awareness is really low.

plugwater

Cos Chennai is the most hated city in India and water supply has improved much.

sandeepdg

And Delhites are the most welcoming, peace loving ones. No one has ever heard of aggression and racism there. Am I correct???

Each and every city has it's good and bad. I agree that Bangaore and Hyd are cleaner.

Those who think that chennai is cold to outsiders that is probably because of the language barrier. TN is the only state in India where most people don't know Hindi.
Nope, I never said that. I am not a Delhitee firstly now. I stay in Gurgaon. Its nothing more than a wannabe shit hole whose egoistic residents think it resembles "Singapore" and "New York" whereas it is one of the most pathetic cities that I have stayed in my life. Take away those glitzy multiplexes, condominiums and commercial towers like malls and hotels, and all you have is a pathetic city, full of potholed roads, facing power cuts all year long, water problems in summer, brash, stupid, insensitive and rude people, and zero public transport. Noida is still much better on roads, power supply, and transportation parameters, but again it is also heavy on crime since it falls in UP and very close to the many badlands in western UP.

And yeah, majority of Delhites are quite arrogant, uncivilized and uncultured and have a really indecent way of communicating with outsiders too.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
I always thought Mumbai would be the worst. Which city has the worst infrastructure and which has the best? I've never been to any of these cities.

Bangalore seems to be over hyped?

Last edited:

Param

I always though Mumbai would be the worst. Which city has the worst infrastructure and which has the best?
Delhi is supposed to have the best. Afterall its the capital and lyutyen's Delhi is a planned city.

Iamanidiot

Speaking of hyderabadi cleanliness how many of you visited the Hyderabadi old city mohalla's

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I always though Mumbai would be the worst. Which city has the worst infrastructure and which has the best? I've never been to any of these cities.

Bangalore seems to be over hyped?
I have been to all these cities, and stayed for extended period of time in four of them. Undoubtedly, Delhi/NCR has the best infrastructure.

As far as Bangalore is concerned, it has poor infrastructure - it would rank low on the list in terms of infra. But it does have lots of +es too. Notably weather, very less slums compared to other cities, comparatively cleaner, etc. Easy for outsiders to settle in. Less crime and relatively safer than other cities. And if you are into IT/ITES - well, it is heaven for you!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles