Which is the worst Metro-politan city in India?

Which is the worst Metro-politan city in India?

• New Delhi

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Mumbai

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Kolkata

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Chennai

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Hyderabad

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Bangalore

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjak

Respected Member
Country flag
Hyd is a safest heaven for terrorists , i've seen somany people enjoying when India lost to Pak in cricket, at that i used get boiled my blood , if i have a AK-47 i would kill each and everyone who enjoyed India's loss,
so only even today every terrorist introgation ends in hyd,
agreed, when i was at my auntie's place there,i too heard crackers when india lost to pak........but you know theres a saying that goes around in kolkata---'whole of india will be bombed by terrorists but NOT kolkata!!!',and so far that is proved to be true.....most terrorists involved in the recent terrorist activities traces back to kol.....why?...because militants from bd base up and plan from here,it is the closest major city to bangladesh,and intruders from there easily find a safe heaven here.......who wud like to bomb his own house???......man,where am i living!!!???

prahladh

Respected Member
I have being to chennai only and it is better than Hyd but Hyderabad is not worst yaar. If the fly-overs construction finishes traffic will ease ( Main problem now-a-days in Hyd is traffic. Too Bad, Too worst).

indian_blues

Country flag
I've heard bangalore has nightmarish traffic, I won't agree banglaore is best. Chennai is getting better and better these days, thanks to dmk govt. I've voted for Kolkatta, Rajiv once said kolkatta is a dying city probably he is right. :(

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
You guys are so pessimistic. Visit Delhi.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
How come bangalore is missing from the list. Lately, it is becoming one of the worst.

bhramos

Country flag
I've heard bangalore has nightmarish traffic, I won't agree banglaore is best. Chennai is getting better and better these days, thanks to dmk govt. I've voted for Kolkatta, Rajiv once said kolkatta is a dying city probably he is right. :(
i feel if the red govt goes them kol.. may change.
i said may change because.. atlast all the politicians are same so,

Antimony

Calcutta, without a doubt

I have visited all of the cities polled except Hyd, and without a doubt Calcutta (I am not going to say Kolkata just because the commies want me to) is the worst.

The effing commies has ruined what was once a beautiful city.

1. Cleanliness: What is that? Compare this Chennai, which has handed over garbage collection and disposal to a private party
  2. Management: Management is a term applied to agents of capitalists and imperialists who are bent on keeping the proletariat under the jackboots of their corrupt pratices. Get the general idea? Recently, one of the Left Front luminaries referred to the marwari community as "manager master"s. obviously a derogatory term (in his view)
  3. Traffic rules: since most of the commercial drivers are members of this union or that unin, what traffic? The pedestrians are no better. THe problem is compounded by the hawkers (also affiliated to various unions) who occupy the pavements and force the pedestrians onto the streets
  4. Accidents: No contest. Just check out the statistics of people killed daily by errant busses
  5. Pollution: Vehicular pollution is out of bounds, chiefly due to the decrepit transport vehicles and 2 stroke autos. Please check out the brouhaha over conversion of 2 stroke autos to LPG ( as opposed to CNG, another example of govt. ineptness at creating policy). Also check out the impending transport strike because the govt. is finally trying to get off 15 years old vehicles off the streets
  6. Roads: Calcutta has a lower percentage of street than either Delhi or Mumbai. I am guessing it would also be lower than Chennai

I am not certain that changing the government would improve things, since the opposition Trinamul has now jumped on the union bandwagon

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
As per me, Delhi is currently the best among all the Metros. If this poll was held between 1995/2000 I should have prefered Bangalore as the best.
The less we say about Mumbai is the best. It has a lot to do. But the worst is Kolkata, it may be because of the population density.Secundarabad is good. You will get smell of Urine in many roads og Old hydrabad. I used to stay in VidyaNagar and Kachiguda in Old Hydrabad.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
NCR(Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida etc) , without a shadow of doubt is one of the top places to live in, and are improving.

Pros:
Food
Women
Greenery, Open spaces, Lutyens Delhi
Roads
Clean Efficient Modern Public Transport
Supreme Court's interference
Massive budget
Rising Privatisation of public utilites organisations
Monuments and Modern Buildings
Education
Culture and History
Rising Cosmopolitan nature.
One big shopping mall
People: Fun loving and Boisterous
Big Houses and Bigger Farmhouses still available !
Wealth

Cons:
Inefficient Corrupt Bureaucratic Organisations
Improper Sewage and Waste disposal - Dirty Yamuna
Rising Migrant Population leading to overcrowding
Stupid experiments like BRT
Crime(some areas)
People: Aggressive and Showoffs
Expensive
Large Distances
Some slums pockets still exist.
Summers and Winters
Railway station sucks
Too many cars
Dilli walas will take you for a ride keep your wits about :p

Oracle

I have lived in some and worked in most of the places mentioned in this poll. Here is my take: (# 1 being the worst)

1. Kolkata
2. Chennai
3. Bangalore
4. New Delhi
5. Mumbai

I am leaving Hyd out as I have never been there.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Arjak................That is just rumour..........Kolkata police may not be the smartest in look but they have good intelligence network..if they are backed by political will they can keep Kolkata safe from the terrorists....

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I like kolkata coz its the cheapest metro and people are really helpful..
Also police respect Army..
girls are really nice to us..
I love the City of joy!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think that Delhi is the worst city.

It may have the infrastructure being the national capital, but it has NO HEART.

Money, connection and wheeling dealing is their mantra.

The Police is the worst and the most corrupt.

That does not mean happiness!

In fact, I have married in the same gotra. The kahps will get me and the politicians and police will say 'jolly good'!

Last edited:

SixSigma1978

Calcutta - Worst! Period!

Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabadm Chennai are coming up nicely!! Delhi thanks to CWG, Mumbai - because of a slew of Slum Rehabilitation and swanky supertall skyscrapers, Hyderbad because of its snazzy new infrastructure and townships!!! Bangalore - 50/50 - its politicians are killing the city and the State!!! But the city is still fantastic and cosmo and rapidly growing with hardly any slums!!!

calcutta is stuck in a timewarp - its the same dark, dingy, dirty city as it was when I visited it 20 years ago!! Its slums seem to simply grow with no stoppages - the whole city looks jaded and ready to collapse!!!

Last edited:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
dont have a reason to dislike any, so i will rather put up the one which i like the most.

dilli meri jaan, it has to be.

women, they dont get any better.
food, some awesome food.
roads, public transport, greenery around.
gurgaon/noida.
and most importantly, being from north the language is so much that i am used to, you will have hindi, punjabi, the bhaiya lingo, english.
there will be a damn jugaar for every damn thing possible.

two things that put me off:

highly highly unprofessional city.
people will hardly ever stick to commitments.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I was just in Kolkata, Poschim Bongo. Hands down its the worst of the lot, by far.

A.V.

I have been to the ones listed and i agree with singh here

nobody beats bangalore as the best of the lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles