Where is India, we need it, says ASEAN

Rage

DFI TEAM
My friend, you maybe travel there frequently. But you definitly have zero understanding of East Asian Cultural.

To East Asian countries including China, india is still an "irrevalant" country, India's economic/military power is still far beyond reach for the majority public. More importantly, the mainstream of these countries don't engage on daily english communication. So, basically, the public has no feeling of india at all. In another words, they don't hate india, nor like india. Since India has nothing to do with them, why they should talk some indian shits in front of an indian?

By the way, in Eastern Asian, being the subject of frequent fun making is worse than being hated or feared. When people make fun of you a lot, it means you are not even worth a decent discussion.
I agree with your assessment of East Asian cultural idiosyncracies.

But long term, do you think this opinion will change favorably or not in terms of India?

And how about China? Are the land and maritime disputes China has vis-à-vis these nations going to be resolved anytime soon? We know China is an irredentist state, with strong and intransigent claims over land or maritime resources it sees its own. We have no intrinsic problem with the East Asian nations, in terms of the land or borders we claim. You do. Nor is this something you would be likely to give up soon, for domestic political, geo-strategic, historical or otherwise resource-based reasons.

Last edited:

Tolaha

My friend, you maybe travel there frequently. But you definitly have zero understanding of East Asian Cultural.

To East Asian countries including China, india is still an "irrevalant" country, India's economic/military power is still far beyond reach for the majority public. More importantly, the mainstream of these countries don't engage on daily english communication. So, basically, the public has no feeling of india at all. In another words, they don't hate india, nor like india. Since India has nothing to do with them, why they should talk some indian shits in front of an indian?

By the way, in Eastern Asian, being the subject of frequent fun making is worse than being hated or feared. When people make fun of you a lot, it means you are not even worth a decent discussion.
:dude: You started your post saying Bangalorean has zero understanding and then went on to say exactly what he was putting across!

ice berg

Yeah, it is ridiculous to discuss who is being mocked, I agree. And I also agree that India is not highly regarded, as I have already said.

But you have to agree that the impression of China is much worse than of India, because China is not only mocked, but also despised and hated. You know what is the impression of Chinese tourists that they have, I don't need to tell you that. Indian visitors on the other hand, are professionals and businessmen - the cream of Indian society, usually.

And that was my point from the beginning. Chinese posters must stop making the point that "Oh, India has a much worse image among ASEAN nations, China has a much better image" - Chinese posters do that very often here.

Check this link from Yahoo Philippines: India counters China map claims in tit-for-tat move - Yahoo! News Philippines

Look at the comments. I am sure most of the people who are commenting don't know much about India, but the extreme hate for China is clear.

Let me reiterate - in most East Asian and SE Asian nations, the overwhelming sentiment for India is either curiosity or indifference, whereas for China, it is overwhelmingly hate, suspicion and mistrust. The Chinese posters must accept this fact instead of simply saying, "oh, they dislike you too"! :dude:
LOL, you are not a spokesperson for Se Asian nations.
If you prefer to indulge further in the "China is more hated than India" based on your own perception and some nationalist websites, then I will leave it to you.
That is like I post comments from Pakistan forums to show how India is liked in South Asia. ROFL.
China will keep expanding her economy and other comprehensive strength regardless of your biased worldview.

Joy ho!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

If you really believed all you say in your post, you would not be on DFI. Why are you here?

Re; bolded statement, do more people outside of China speak English or Chinese? I don't know the answer myself.

no smoking

Country flag
That is what I said, that the feeling for India is neutral, not negative. And LOL, what do you mean "frequent fun making" :pound: It is hardly "frequent", really - as I said, the impression ranges from curiosity to indifference/neutrality. Even from the "fun" perspective, China and Chinese are ridiculed and mocked constantly, you know that? So, as per your thesis, Chinese are also not "worth a decent discussion". :crazy:

Please stop pulling out these conclusions and assumptions from your Musharraf.
Well, when eastern asians talk about China, this discussion always comes with strong feeling: hatre, angry, or respect, pride, etc. In terms of india, no feeling attached. As you said it is neutral, no negative, NO POSITIVE. It is good thing that no one think you are harmful. It is also a bad thing because people has minimum confidence on your ability.

So, basically, in Eastern Asia, being enemy brings more respect than being nothing.

satish007

So, basically, in Eastern Asia, being enemy brings more respect than being nothing.
Indian look like honest people, so everybody trust him, you can recall while PH or VN have issues with China, everybody came this forum to debate.

winton

The majority of the ASEAN elites have chinese ancestry. So the asean aren;t looking for a fight with china. They just don't want china to bully I guess. However, if they can use the Indians, I think they would, but I don't think that means they will open their arms and let indians in as they have a low opinion of indians, but I think this is unintentional. After all they do have chinese ancestry and all chinese people are the same no matter where you go.,

In Oz, indians are our taxi drivers and chauffeurs.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Good thing that this false-flag bastard winton was banned. ----ing asshole, thinks he's smart. A permanent ban for such twats would be in order. We shouldn't have tp deal with even 90 posts by such assholes.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
The majority of the ASEAN elites have chinese ancestry. So the asean aren;t looking for a fight with china. They just don't want china to bully I guess. However, if they can use the Indians, I think they would, but I don't think that means they will open their arms and let indians in as they have a low opinion of indians, but I think this is unintentional. After all they do have chinese ancestry and all chinese people are the same no matter where you go.,
you couldnt hide your southern cantonese background for too long could you , hiding behind an aussie flag ! hah !

to begin with it is the northern chinese who are the real Han chinese and it is they who control china politically NOt the southerners and teh hatred continues to today ... the cantoonese language is being eliminated from all national broadcasting

most overseas chinese populations in asean are south chinese ( mostly cantoonese ) ....they are NOT the northerner Hans (natives of teh peking area) who politically control china

so you were a second class citizen ( or worse ) in your homeland and you couldnt stand it , so your ancestors left china ...... having had your origin in a tough situation , you took advantage of the easier going asean people and you dominated their economy ....but not for long .....eg look at malaysia .....

the malays soon learned your tricks and they cleverly squeezed you out wiithout getting into ethnic cleanising and thus aoiding world attention - they outsmarted you

so whjat did you malaysian chinese do ? you ran to australia claiming ethnic asylum and now you wanna talk big about being chinese ?

the Han chinese consider y ou as their frontline cannon fodder and not true Hans - yes they willl use you so they TOLERATE your calling yourselves chinese but actually they see you as nuisance southern cantoonese

look at malaysia - reduced they cantonese poppulation from 45% t o 23 % singapore - they are replacing the south chinese with northeren chinese immigrants from china in a new wave of immmigration, look at indonesia and how cantonese are treated there , look at the cantonese of philippines ,

you said indian are taxin in australia - well in vietname they consider cantoonese to be good as boat people - to be sent off to the seas :toilet:

as a south chinese living in exile in asutralia you re not represetative of the norther n Han chinese ! but reather a fake !

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
The majority of the ASEAN elites have chinese ancestry.
the majority of saudi arabian and dubai , all the oil-rich gulf , the eastern arabian people - have indian ancestry

Oblaks

The truth is; ethnic chinese or those with some chinese origin in other countries hate to be associated with China. You can go to any ASEAN country and verify that.

ice berg

The truth is; ethnic chinese or those with some chinese origin in other countries hate to be associated with China. You can go to any ASEAN country and verify that.
You can deny your ancestors, but you cant deny the way you look. :thumb:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You can deny your ancestors, but you cant deny the way you look. :thumb:
It is difficult to make out a Japanese from a Chinese, unless you are one!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

There is nothing called Chinese when you look at the genes.

Han would be appropriate.

But then the real Han are North of the Yellow River.

Remainder are mixed when Han imperialists raided their country and occupied some and from some like northern part of Vietnam were turfed out!

Thai are no Han.

Are the others?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
the body language and the language is remarkably different

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
the body language / language is an immediate giveaway

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
the body language / language is an immediate giveaway
Meaning that the Japanese are polite and sophisticated?

Well this is true that the Chinese have this rather odd habit of clearing their throats of phelegm in a rough sort of way which is called hawking!

Hawking 0 hawk [entry 4, noun]
an audible effort to force up phlegm from the throat
http://www.memidex.com/clear-one-throat

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Meaning that the Japanese are polite and sophisticated? Well this is true that the Chinese have this rather odd habit of clearing their throats of phelegm in a rough sort of way which is called hawking! Hawking 0 hawk [entry 4, noun] an audible effort to force up phlegm from the throat
clear one's throat - Memidex dictionary/thesaurus
hahahahha
well all that must surely be too obvious ...but even at the higher levels - there's a whole load of differences

but at the very highest level ( personal opinion here ) chinese are nicer ( qualification: the really highest levels ) - more humane - exception would be CCP

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles